Review K101 Revo, Official GBAtemp Review

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having trouble finding the exact post. http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=maxzhou88&ie=utf-8

I know it's somewhere in the comments of either the k2 project or the k1o1 plus.

A friend of mine pointed out, that I could of been misread someone else's comments as his because words get moved around with direct translation software. If that's the case I apologize to Maxzhou

OK, that's kind of useless to me, my K101 hasn't been acting strange except for the volume control and the aforementioned crashes, it would be a shame because the only way I could upgrade to the new one is buying in bulk which I cannot and the price of the dollar is higher now.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble finding the exact post. http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=maxzhou88&ie=utf-8

I know it's somewhere in the comments of either the k2 project or the k1o1 plus.

A friend of mine pointed out, that I could of been misread someone else's comments as his because words get moved around with direct translation software. If that's the case I apologize to Maxzhou

If possible, can you send me the link of the post? I can translate for you. Now Maxzhou and the factory is busy on producing the Revo K101 new batch. I think there might be something wrong on the software translation. The oversea customers are always our main targets. We will not ignore them. PM me for any issues you got. I will get you back as soon as I can. Thanks.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nearly forgot about this thread...

I do owe Maxzhou an apology. I was able to get a friend to translate the page I was originally looking at. It seems he was talking about some of the outrageous request posters were making and how dumb they were. And it seems he had some quality consistency with one of the screen manufacturers and has switched suppliers.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very normal to have the misunderstanding since we speak different language. All things will be cleared if we communicate well. For Revo k101 plus- yes this is the new version, we work very hard to bring people great products. Below we show you the latest video that we took for Revo k101 plus multi-linking play:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wfUX7WfSeo8

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very normal to have the misunderstanding since we speak different language. All things will be cleared if we communicate well. For Revo k101 plus- yes this is the new version, we work very hard to bring people great products. Below we show you the latest video that we took for Revo k101 plus multi-linking play:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wfUX7WfSeo8

New version ? sounds exciting :)

Omnio

Trophies
XP
Country
New release or not, I'm not getting suckered again. The K101 must be the worst bit of plastic I've ever bought...

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I ran into another problem, quite related to the one about Yggdra Union apparently, I was playing an mp3 file and the Revo constantly froze at a certain point, the only way to turn it off was to do a hard reset. (with a needle)

Omnio

Trophies
XP
Country
Until you tire of it completely and put in a drawer somewhere, the needle is a K101 Revo owners best friend.

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Until you tire of it completely and put in a drawer somewhere, the needle is a K101 Revo owners best friend.

Still I never got those freezes before but sometimes I think is the microSD or something since I got them when I was putting some games after some time of not using it, and well, my volume dial is still giving me trouble, I tried to check if the soldering was loose but apparently not, I added some more but is still the same, so maybe is the dial itself which I don't know how to dismount or replace.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the new Revo offer ruilong ?
Below are the new revo k101+ offers:

1. Dual ROM – 32MB+32MB or 32MB+16MB. you can now switch back to the menu from any ROM. Issues for Saving files of 32MB ROMs solved as well.

2. Coil whining prevalent when adjusting screen brightness has now been reduced.

3. Reduced default screen brightness. Changes in brightness are now more pronounced.

4. Battery capacity has been increased from 600mAh to 800mAh.

5. Improved the battery efficiency. Battery uses less power when in standby and when switching the device on/off.

6. The speaker on device shuts down when you connect the AV cable to TV.

7. Screen protector incldued.

Mallmagician

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Below are the new revo k101+ offers:

1. Dual ROM – 32MB+32MB or 32MB+16MB. you can now switch back to the menu from any ROM. Issues for Saving files of 32MB ROMs solved as well.

2. Coil whining prevalent when adjusting screen brightness has now been reduced.

3. Reduced default screen brightness. Changes in brightness are now more pronounced.

4. Battery capacity has been increased from 600mAh to 800mAh.

5. Improved the battery efficiency. Battery uses less power when in standby and when switching the device on/off.

6. The speaker on device shuts down when you connect the AV cable to TV.

7. Screen protector incldued.

My issues have now been sorted out I think.

Last edited by Mallmagician,

JustBeKrillin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my revo k101+ ordered and while I wait I was curious what cheat support this device uses and can I add my own cheats? I am particularly looking at megaman Battle Network 5 team colonel & proto man eReader Bass cross forms. Could someone tell me if it uses GameShark or what?

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have my revo k101+ ordered and while I wait I was curious what cheat support this device uses and can I add my own cheats? I am particularly looking at megaman Battle Network 5 team colonel & proto man eReader Bass cross forms. Could someone tell me if it uses GameShark or what?
It uses its own cheat engine apparently, I could not find a way to translate any of my AR codes to it.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Does the GBA wireless adapter work with it?
wireless adapter doesn't work for me.
pokemon retail cart or not,
if you enter the union room, the revo screen will turn off.
IMG_9537.jpg

Reactions: Antiheld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped...