mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Thanks for responding.
I tried searching for this answer but I couldn't find it.
For the longest time I had been using a softmii install with 3.2U.

Today I decided to upgrade to 4.2 and did so by following one of th sticky guides. I also installed CiosCorp 3.5.
Anyways, some games (Tiger Woods '10, Silent Hill) now spit out a '001 unauthorized device' error when loading in neo loader. Disc channel simply fails to recognize the game.

Anyone know how to fix this?
(The game used to work in 3.2U)

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What region is your Tiger Woods '10 game?

If it's PAL, then it will not work via disc channel as there is no region free hack for 4.2 as of yet.
It should work if you run it through Gecko OS.

As for NeoGamma, what cIOSrev do you have installed. If it's rev15, I suggest you install cIOS rev14, as rev15 does not fix error 001.

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
What region is your Tiger Woods '10 game?

If it's PAL, then it will not work via disc channel as there is no region free hack for 4.2 as of yet.
It should work if you run it through Gecko OS.

As for NeoGamma, what cIOSrev do you have installed. If it's rev15, I suggest you install cIOS rev14, as rev15 does not fix error 001.

Thats for the quick reply, the games are NTSC , and as I said, Tiger Woods used to work on 3.2 prior to this upgrade.
As for NeoGamma i'm using IOS Rev 15

I will track down rev 14 and see if that helps.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That'll fix your NeoGamma problem. As for disc channel, If you have the preloader or StartPatch hack "Force Disc Region", make sure it's disabled, and see if that helps.

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
That'll fix your NeoGamma problem. As for disc channel, If you have the preloader or StartPatch hack "Force Disc Region", make sure it's disabled, and see if that helps.

Thanks that fixed the NeoGamma problem as you stated,
I'm still working out the disc channel problem though. I just went ahead and uninstalled preloader all together and it still doesn't load.
Any ideas?

On an side question, while I have your attention, i just got a copy of Silent hill and it is saying that it requires a system update in disc channel, now i'm assuming I don't want to run that. Is there a program that will remove that system update from the ISO?

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
I know it means buring the ISO again but GenericWiiPatcher can get rid of it. It patches the main.dol though it can not locate it in NSMBW and Sports Resort.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

Reinstalling preloader worked.
Tiger Woods still doesn't load from the disc channel but thats fine, it appears to be the only game that doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc