Homebrew How To Fix "ERROR 001, Unauthorized device has been detected" On the Nintendo Wii (Ver 3.4)!

Did this tutorial help you? If not, I can try to make it better in the future!

• Total voters

MasterXD34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to go play Wii Party (one of my nintendo backups) and I noticed upon starting that I have received an error with the following statement;

"Error 001, Unauthorized device has been detected"

Usually this is caused by updating your SoftModded Wii with the updates attached to a game disc, or you burned your backup of the game incorrectly. *PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY FIXES THE PROBLEM ON Version 3.4* OF THE Wii.*

So, I went searching around GBATemp and was able to gather enough information to run a personal test of mine. I was able to fix the issue, and thats why I wanted to post it here, because this is where I found the wonderful support by this wonderful community! I have a selective amount of friends with a softmodded Wii. This solution helped them, so I hope it helps some of yall!

Here we go:

Problem: Black screen, no sound, and only text visual with the following statement: "Error 001, Unauthorized device has been detected"

Possible suspects: Recent update by disc on version 4.3 or Incorrect burn by backup game disc copy (WBFS or ISO)

HOW TO FIX:

Step 1: Make sure you have an SD card or microSD (make sure the microSD comes with an adapter!) with at least 512MB or 1-2GB of storage space.

Step 2: Check to see if you have
The Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii. If you don't, you can follow a tutorial on how to install the homebrew channel here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-install-the-wii-homebrew-channel-2498513 (Same tutorial I used for my Homebrew)

Step 3: Once The homebrew Channel has been installed (or you already had it installed) go ahead and download Pimp my Wii and put it on the SD card. You can get Pimp My Wii v3.02 Here: https://gbatemp.net/download/pimp-my-wii.32415/

Step 4: Once Pimp My Wii is on the SD card, go ahead and run it from HBC (The Homebrew Channel)

Step 5: Once the menu pops up with the Logo and blue and green sections appear, select "Perform the test and fix problems"

Step 6: Let it test the IOSes

Step 7: Press A to do network installation, and when your IP shows, press A again.

Step 8: Press B on your controller once the "Read Modified Games" screen pops up

Step 9: Once the diagnostic is done, go ahead and Press A on the Wiimote, and press A again to list titles to install.

Step 10: Keep pressing A until it tells you all titles have been installed.

Step 11: Go ahead and boot your backup game, It should load without the ERROR 002.

I hope this tutorial helped most of you, and thanks again to GBATemp for being my main place to go when I have problems with my Nintendo devices. I hope this wonderful community continues to grow to the fullest, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you!

- MasterXD34

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: