DenisTheManis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi gbatemp community.
I have come across an error with my switch. I cannot open my installed Games anymore.
How did I get there?
I was on OS 8.x.x and wanted to upgrade to 9.1.0. (emunand)
So I updatedto SX OS 2.9.3 (beta)
Then I upgraded to 9.1.0 using ChoiduJour. Unfortunately selecting the "non EXFAT" option, even though I had an "EXFAT" sd card. Of course, this leads to a boot loop. Or at least the switch wouldn't get past the Nintendo logo.
So I copied everything from my micro sd card to my PC. Then formated the micro sd card as FAT32. Copied some stuff back to reinstall 9.1.0 using ChoiDuJour, this time the EXFAT option.
Then formatted my micro sd card as an EXFAT again, copied the most important stuff to test if it works. And it did. I get back to my emunand and can access my safe games (thank god my lvl 52 Account in Ring Fit was saved).
Now I can access my XCIs but not my installed games. They are still on the sd card, but the Emunand doesn't recognize them.
Is there anything I can do to make them work again?
If no, how can I safely delete them, in order to make space for the reinstalls?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Try installing your nsp titles again should fix the problem. Delete the ones that do not work from system settings, no need to delete all content in settings just delete software will do and reinstall them. If your titles were originally from eshop and you have been banned since then, you cannot.

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Reecey. Thanks for your answer. And how can I first clean the sd card of of the games, so it doesnt create duplicates?
No need to worry, it won’t duplicate any of your software, it will not corrupt your sd card or your nsw in any way, all it will do is just install in its place and basically replace the corrupted data. Your corrupted software have all got the same Title ID so your new install will just overwrite the old version.

Edit: it should still show your corrupted software icons in Data Management to show which titles need reinstalling these will of been saved to the main system memory so if you are not sure which games need reinstalling go through your software Data Management find those icons to which games need installing and install them back to your sd card. Unless you had lots of titles previously installed to your sd card this shouldn’t be a problem to get back to how it was before.

Last edited by Reecey,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue is that the archive bit is fucked up on the folders inside the Nintendo/Contents/ folder of your emuNAND. I hear Hekate has an archive bit fix that'll repair this or you can do it manually on Windows. Open the emuNANDs Nintendo/Contents/ folder and then select all the folders inside, right-click, properties, advanced, check the archive option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi