Blackadder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I had a 256gb micro sd card using sysnand. Now i bought a 512gb micro sd card and have setup emunand.
Is it possible in a way to transfer the installed games on the 256gb to the 512 gb emunand?

Thanks in advanced

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/ gives instructions for this.

If you have set up an emuNAND, all the files that were installed on the physical eMMC drive on the Switch itself (sysNAND) should have been copied into the emuNAND file / partition on the new SD card.

You should just be able to copy the contents of your old SD card onto (your computer and then onto) the new SD card.

If you had an emuNAND before that shows up as a separate partition, there would be extra steps to copy its contents onto the main partition in the same way you presumably did with your sysNAND when you set up the emuNAND.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you build the emummc from the sysmmc with Hekate or a similar tool then as emcintosh says you have the games installed in emummc aswell. All you need to do is copy the Nintendo folder into emummc folder as emummc and sysmmc uses different Nintendo folders.

From https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc
Beware that sysMMC and emuMMC don't use the same Nintendo folder! Once you created your emuMMC, copy the Nintendo folder from the root of the sd card to the emummc/RAW1/ folder.

Blackadder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks both for your advices! I am going to try it later today and i will report back. Thanks again!

I made backups of the old SD card. Now about the new one The one with emunand. I have already new games installed on it. What will happen if i restore the backup of the older sd card now on the new one? When i am using the new one i am seeling the old games as well but of course they don't work because they are on the older card. When i will resore the backup of the old SD card will my new installed games still be there?

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Blackadder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto