spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Used it. Everything worked after the patch. This is pretty god damned cool, let me tell you. Now I don't have to worry about my Micro SD Card wearing out the spring loading in the r4. Rad.

Joe91

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it with the R4 after patching with DLDI Tool.
It loads then says "Searching for access point", then nothing else.

dodly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, now we can upload Roms to our DS without taking our MicroSD cards out all the time thus wearing then out of wrecking your m3/r4

I'm reading up on the site but still have no idea how to setup this sucker... anyone wanna post some step by step instructions?

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It loads then says "Searching for access point", then nothing else.

Did you use a game such as Metroid Prime Hunters to set up an access point? If so, can you connect through that game just fine?

I used mario kart to setup the connect point. Then patched the .NDS file with DLDI. Threw on only the .NDS file. Downloaded CuteFTP for my computer. Started up my DS, started up DSFTP, it creates a default user and password and lists the IP at the bottom of the screen. Open cuteftp, connect to that IP, enter the default username and password, and you're done!

works incredibly well, unbelievable job.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same here.

I haven't been able to figure out how to make my own name and password though. It'd be easier to connect if the password wasn't randomly generated each time I connected.

Anyone feel like helping me out with that one?

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I'm just retarded, but I can not find that file to edit. I have a dsftp/arm9/data folder, but it doesn't have a settings folder in it.

You create the conf file using his template off his website. Just create a txt file, change it to a conf file, and paste his stuff in there. Remove line 2, gave me some problems.

dodly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So to get a Basic FTP server up on the DS all i need to do is copy the DSFTP.nds file onto my MicroSD card then run it?

it will tell me the username and pass and IP to connect to?

Joe91

Trophies
XP
Country

I have added a ftp.conf file in data/settings dir.

I have set up my WiFi connection, with Mario Carts and it works with WiFi, Auto and Manual Settings.
DSorganise can connect to the web and download homebrew.

DSFtp loads then says "Searching for access point", then nothing else.

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the 'Cannot connect to access point' to. I enabled broadcast SSID on my access point and now it connects ok.

Still can't get it working thought. Won't connect from PC using the IP address given - can't ping it either.

Also, I'm getting 'config file not found' message. Even though I've created one. Can I check that it's in the right place?

- I'm running dsftp nds file from root on my card ,so I created a dir called data, then a dir inside data called settings then the conf file in there - right?

- tried a few places but it still can't find it.

running on a m3 CF - used DLDI to patch executable beforehand too.

cheers,

Ben

Joe91

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a DGL-4300 router 128bit encryption, Metroid Prime Hunter and Mario works ok.

My Nintedno WiFi picks up my router and someone elses linksys router with no WEP.

I have tried both with the above SSID Broadcast visible(ON) and through the open router as a test.

If SSID was not enabled then these routers would not show up in "search for access point" on the WiFI connection setup.

With both routers DSFtp loads then says "Searching for access point", then nothing else.

Using :
R4 with DSFtp in root dir, DSFtp patch with DLDI, with and without a ftp.conf file.

Does anyone have any ideas?

bennyboo: I read somewhere that if you connect to the external ip of the router and set a virtual server on port 21 to the ip of the DS, it may work.

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Joe,

I'll try going out of my router and back in again with port forwarding.. - it's worth a try I suppose!

With the SSID thing - I had it disabled i.e. no broadcast on my router and yes, you're right it wouldn't have shown up when searched for using WiFi setup but it does work if you manualy configure it using WiFi setup - i.e. you know than name of the SSID. - this is how I've had it setup for ages and WFC works fine.. - played loads of Mariokart etc... However, when I enabled the broadcast of SSID on my access point DSFtp got past the "Searching for access point", bit. There's probably more than one problem here..... oh well..

cheers!

Ben

If SSID was not enabled then these routers would not show up in "search for access point" on the WiFI connection setup.

With both routers DSFtp loads then says "Searching for access point", then nothing else.

bennyboo: I read somewhere that if you connect to the external ip of the router and set a virtual server on port 21 to the ip of the DS, it may work.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm just retarded, but I can not find that file to edit. I have a dsftp/arm9/data folder, but it doesn't have a settings folder in it.

You create the conf file using his template off his website. Just create a txt file, change it to a conf file, and paste his stuff in there. Remove line 2, gave me some problems.

Got it working, although it still says "syntax error in line 1." Thanks man.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Got it working, although it still says "syntax error in line 1." Thanks man.

No prob, glad you got it working. There are some limitations of it obviously though (partially due to the slow wifi connection). I was transfering 250 megs of DPG movies to my supercard, and it took over 2 hours, and when it finished, the video was scrammbled. I tend to lose my connection once in a while so perhaps it couldn't account for that correctly. Other than that, it's ideal for smaller quicker transfers.

Awesome homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo