motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
2971/2906 Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance
This game was "fixed" with 1.4 rls according to the readme/changelog of akaio. Well, it's not. With 1.5.1 it freezes after selecting the start in the game menu. With 1.5 it freezes randomly during gameplay. With 1.4.1 and the official loader it is playable to a certain point than the game freezes -> after restart it still freezes at the same point, so there is no way to continue. I would like to file a proper bug report at the akaio forum. To do that, I have to fill in all the answers in their form. But there are things there that I can't do by myself since I don't own 2 acekards or micro sd cards etc. So here is the list of what is needed (I filled in what I already tried, please help with starred lines):

microSD:

*• Use the Panasonic formatter - Windows only, I don't have that. Only my worker mac is bootcamp enabled. I can't mess around with that, sorry. I used osx's disk utility to format my sandisk micro sd, and everything (still) works just fine, except these 2 roms. ***update: I formatted my micro sd with the panasonic formatter...but it didn't seem to affect the problem: both reg version froze after the start on 1.5.1***
• Make sure your microSD is securely inserted into your Acekard - Done.
*• Try another microSD in your Acekard - I only have 1 micro sd, since none of my other devices use micro sd.
*• Try the microSD in another Flash Linker - I only have 1 micro sd reader.

Fimrware/ROMs:

*• Format your microSD using the Panasonic Formatter - Same as above.
• Follow the AKAIO installation quick guide (found at the AKAIO WIKI) - Done.
• Delete the optionlist.bin - Done.
• Delete the globalsettings.ini - Done.
• Update AKAIO/Loaders - Done. Tried 1.5.1 which includes 01/01/2010 loaders: the game freezes with black screens after selecting start with both regions.
• Try older AKAIO loaders -Done.
Tried 1.4.1 proper repack: the game works until it reaches a certain point, then It freezes. After soft resetting the game it freezes there again. No way to go. (As I recall it locks up on the coruscant level after r2d2 opens the doors)
Tried 1.5: The game freezes randomly, but after soft reset it lets me trough the whole level (or not, it's really random). Currently It's the only way to play.
• Try the official loader - Done. The latest official loader (4.21) is copied to ak2loader folder and selected in rom preferences. It loads with dark blue loading text/dma mode. It behaves like the 1.4.1 akaio: works to certian point the stucks there.(I beleive it dies after finishing the opening cinema of dathomir level)
• Try different DMA modes - The game is locked to use the red dma mode.
*• Try the ROM with patches (soft-reset, cheats, etc) turned off - I haven't changed the default soft reset on rom prefs, and it was ebabled in akaio. So its yet to be tested. I don't use cheats/patches. ***update: tried 1.5 with the soft reset disabled, but it frooze during gameplay...after restart it let me through the level for the second time***
*• Try other dumps of a ROM (including regions, not just another hosting site) - Both us and eur versions I've tried were from xenophobia roms. 2906 always froze the first time I had to select a jedi in first mission (for a second try it lets me through). 2971 seems free of this error (with 1.5), so all my experiments were done with that! I tried this dual comparison with akaio 1.5 and 1.5.1. (1.5.1 froze up both roms after tapping start). Akaio 1.4.1 and the official loader were tested with 2971.
• Try older/newer versions of Homebrew - Non relevant.
*• Verify a ROM by CRC so you know it’s clean, unpatched, unhacked, not trimmed, etc - Well, I need help with this. After research I've done the folowing: scene unpacked xpa rom -> unpack -> cksum the file in terminal -> it gives a decimal, so I change it to hex as advancescene shows: Crc32 5FA4146A -> mine: CD25688E
*• Try your Acekard on another NDS - I only have 1 NDS. Don't know anyone who also has one.
*• Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you. - I only have one, non actel (hwid: 81) acekard 2i. Don't know anyone who also has one.
*• Try a retail game in your NDS - Don't have any retail games left.
*• Try another microSD in your Acekard - I only have 1 micro sd card.
• Delete and replace files, windows 2k+ drag/drop may append and not overwrite - Done. I always delete-emptytrash-copy files.
• Read the “readme” files included with homebrew - Non relevant.
• Research the common problems with your Acekard - Doing that right now.
• 3in1 problems, try GBA Exploader and GBALdr. If one of those works, your problem is solved.
• Make use of the vast amount of information found at GBATemp’s Acekard forum. - Doing that right now.
• Try manually setting the save size (especially for R.P.G. issues). - Deafults to the proper (according to advancescene) 64kbit.

motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Leonidas:
Thanks, I know. But I wanted to get some help with the starred things before I do that.

Normmatt:
Ok, here it goes: 2971 xpa rom and 1.5.1 akaio copyed on a freshly formatted microsd inside hwid 81 ak 2i in ds lite -> the game will load with forced red dma mode -> selecting start in the game menu makes the screens go black, and the game freezes.
Doing the same thing with akaio 1.5 (and the loaders it came packed with) starts the game without problems, but freezes randomly during gameplay. I can't reproduce those. Restarting after a random freeze the game can be continued from the last saved state, and even if I select the same characters, and do everything the same as before the freeze wont occur where it did before.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
motska said:
Leonidas:
Thanks, I know. But I wanted to get some help with the starred things before I do that.

Normmatt:
Ok, here it goes: 2971 xpa rom and 1.5.1 akaio copyed on a freshly formatted microsd inside hwid 81 ak 2i in ds lite -> the game will load with forced red dma mode -> selecting start in the game menu makes the screens go black, and the game freezes.
Doing the same thing with akaio 1.5 (and the loaders it came packed with) starts the game without problems, but freezes randomly during gameplay. I can't reproduce those. Restarting after a random freeze the game can be continued from the last saved state, and even if I select the same characters, and do everything the same as before the freeze wont occur where it did before.

Continues fine for me after selecting start on 1.5.1 try getting the game from a different source.

motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Normmatt:
I just grabbed both reg versions from another source (it's the 3rd ver for the 2971) -> both of them is unpacked scene xpa -> unrared, copied .nds files to freshly formatted 1gb sandisk micro sd (formatted with osx's disk util to fat 32) -> grabbed akaio 1.5.1 from filetrip and copied the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds to micro sd root -> inserted the micro sd "till click" into tha ak2i ->inserted the ak2i "till click" into the dsl -> started up the whole thing -> started up both roms without even touching akaio's settings (no cheat, no soft reset enabled) -> after selecting start they both freeze (tried both of them 2 times)

I'm clueless with this. I'll try to get near pc where I can run the panasonic formatter. It's really the only thing left for me to try (besides buying a new micro sd). But I feel I have to add that I formatted the micro sd like this a few times before and played:

chinatown wars
mario kart ds
lego star wars the complete saga
donkey kong country (with ezflash 3in1)
the simpsons game
dirt2
ratatouille

From all of these only gta cw has froze on me once during the whole gameplay. Nothing else. Any ideas?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
motska said:
(formatted with osx's disk util to fat 32)
Definitely your problem. Even the windows formatter doesn't format micro SD cards properly, so you really should use the Panasonic tool.

motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Leonidas:
I'll try it out tonight. I asked my girlfriends sister to dig up her old win xp pc. I hope it does the trick, but I still don't understand that why is this a problem only for this game? The ones I mentioned earlier have worked (and still do work) fine. How is this game different?

UPDATE: I formatted the micro sd with the panasonic formatter (default settings). But the game still freezes after selecting start (both versions). I did everything as I explained earlier, except now I used the pana formatter. What now?

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Same problem here.

1.5.1 with latest loader. Black screen after pressing start.

Works with the official loader (4.21), but according to the topic poster it freezes later, so haven't tried a lot.

What I've noted is that (as stated above) I can't choose which DMA mode to use ONLY in this game, it always loads this game with the original DMA Mode (loading in RED, like if you were pressing X), no matter if I press X, A, or whatever (with the exception when using the official loader, of course, in that case the loading is dark blue).

No problem with other games so far.

motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Gamer: Hi, what's the brand of your micro sd card? Mine is Sandisk, and I formatted it with the panasonic formatter. My experience is that you can only progress in the game using 1.5 and 2971. Freezes may occur, but they are not "there" for the second try.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Yeah, mine is a Sandisk too. Tried 1.6RC1 and same problem.

Can anyone try it on 1.6RC1 to see if it's related to the microSD?

Thanks a lot!!
just dl the 2971 rom and new akaio,
updated+ stuck clean rom on (renamed to "Star Wars The Clone Wars" if wondering
smile.gif
)
download play etc off
loaded normally - no x or a holding
worked
using adata4gb on ak2

motska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Funny: I bought a toshiba sdc01g (japan) micro sd and played the rest of the game with 1.5. I also went back to the coruscant level where the game stuck before a few times, but everything went smooth. So I changed to akaio 1.6rc2: the game stucks after selecting start in the menu. Even my saved game refuses to start :) I think I keep 1.5 in case If I want to play with this game again.

Samik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have also problems with this game, the game starts but after first ingame video i get two black screens, dont know wht it can be i tried different roms and no success..., i will try it with different brand sd card with higher class

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users