Homebrew Super Smash Bros. Clash!

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
21/7/10 Update!
So I decided this post should be updated, so here is a trailer I made a while back:

Our coders our working hard to battle a nasty bug, but when they succeed you will all see a public release!

If you want to support Clash, all you need to do is one simple thing! SPAM! That's right. Our forum is facing mass inactivity and we need YOU to register and Spam our forum (in the General section, of course). It will also help if you can do other stuff to help the game, but whatever!

Super Smash Bros. Clash

281hea1.png

Another SSB homebrew for the DS which will be canceled? Do we need that? NO! That's why we have SSBC!
Super Smash Bros Clash is made by former SSBR members, who decided to start fresh.

Features:
-Over 50 planned characters
-Supports C++ Programmming
-Breaks the 64x64 Sprite Limit for bigger characters
-Easy character and stage system - for novice programmers
-Character Costumes
-Smash Cam (play and see)
-4-player Local Multiplayer

Clash is curently only in the first public tests, but the first complete Demo is around the corner.

Screenshots:

Menu:
2004s4x.png

Character Selection (and you can see different colors available):
2zojbcx.png

CPU Free for All:
xcta2s.png
mhdkhv.png
2j3lm3c.png

Forums:
SSBClash Forums

Latest Test Download: Test Awesome + 1/2!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y00fnejznyz/clash.nds

D

Deleted User

Oh man.
Another sparkle of hope that will soon vanish.
I'm sorry, but my heart's broken right now.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell don't they just make these open source already, since we know they'll leave, at least they can gather more people as most good programmers will only join if they can see the code already, bleh.

In any case, hope it turns out good.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good...but what are the chances of it being completed AND excellent?
hmmm >_>

nonetheless, good luck to them.

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Do you mean with SSBR SUper Smash Bros. Rumble! ?
Yes

Zarkz said:
Will this actually get finished?
QUOTE said:
Looks good...but what are the chances of it being completed AND excellent?
QUOTEWhy the hell don't they just make these open source already, since we know they'll leave, at least they can gather more people as most good programmers will only join if they can see the code already, bleh.
Oh man.
Another sparkle of hope that will soon vanish.
I'm sorry, but my heart's broken right now.

Hi, I'm the main programmer, and I'm going to answer your questions

I do hope to finish this. People want it, and I know I can do it, and as long as I got support and sprites, I'll keep on coding until I get the project to an advanced stage and I get enough worthy substitutes to replace me.

Yes, I'm going to make it open source, there's no point in keeping it close, but not yet, because IMO it's still early, I want to release the source code only until I see it won't change much, also, since I want the code to keep the same style at least for the main stuff, I won't release it for now.

And, I plan to keep this sparkle bright, and mend all the hearts of everyone... too many Smash games projects... too few worth mention. I will keep on going, even if I will need to change the name to Mega Fighter Siblings and the character names to Malleo and Weegee and so on... and no company can close an open source project either, they can't get hold of all the copies of the source code

Thanks for the support!

Reactions: Tarmfot

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
efaj said:
I'll keep on coding until I get the project to an advanced stage and I get enough worthy substitutes to replace me.

Yes, I'm going to make it open source, there's no point in keeping it close, but not yet, because IMO it's still early, I want to release the source code only until I see it won't change much, also, since I want the code to keep the same style at least for the main stuff, I won't release it for now.

As long as you can get over that initial hump to make it open source this will be successful in every way. There are always people willing to help but afraid to start new projects themselves.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Alexrose said:
If they remake the sprites and music from scratch then it's legal as long as it's non profit.

No.

No, no, no.

Read what's written in SSBRumbles offline message.

QUOTEFrom: Nintendo of America Inc. To the web-master of (http://ssbrumble.blogspot.com/): It has come to our attention that you are partaking in an unauthorized use of copyrighted work. All logos, sprites, backgrounds, music, titles, themes, ideas and unapproved use of our system is prohibited.

Your first infringing instance is a claimed attempt to create software entitled Super Smash Bros. Rumble featuring not only the title, but the likeness of our assorted franchises and Intellectual Properties, such as Kirby®, Super Mario®, Donkey Kong®, etc. Nintendo owns the Intellectual Property rights to these products and characters, including copyrights, trademarks, and patents.

Just by using the name, and character likeness, it breaks copyright. Feel free to correct me, I'm no lawyer, I'm just interpreting that text. Just because you don't make a profit from stolen ideas doesn't mean it's legal.

For it to be completely legal, it would have to have original characters, original music, original stages and an original name.

To the makers, I would reccommend keeping this private for a while, at least until it's near completion. Otherwise, chances are you'll get a C&D just as quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol