The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
zzzPhone

"One smartphone, coming up. Would you want fries with that? How about a custom casing colour? Gold accents? Chrome finish? Would you like to super-size the camera to 5 Mpix? Or ultra-size it to 7 Mpix maybe? Would you like it water resistant, only $7 more? And this week only, the optional TV tuner special for only $29? Or a GPS module perhaps?"

Discuss.
happy.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Honestly, the idea is good (but completely impractical for the manufacturer), however this phone looks like something you would see in a store like DealExtreme
unsure.gif
... I'll stick with my cheap 6120 Classic, thankyouverymuch.
happy.gif

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That actually looks pretty cool. Quite tempting, especially with it running windows mobile. If I get bored of waiting for the Meizu MiniOne I think that I might chase this one up.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This has to be a joke...
right?
Well, the article Javacat linked to claims you get the phone, but it runs Symbian instead of Windows CE.

Since most phones are put together by hand from components/build modules, adding/omitting some modules to order wouldn't be a problem. It's like cars: the basic model is this much, but then you have the optional extras: extra airbags, better stereo, GPS, metallic paint, leather seats, anti-rust coating, plush dice for the rear-view mirror...
tongue.gif

Well, scam or not (Symbian or Windows), what do you think of the general idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock