zzzPhone

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Veho, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    zzzPhone

"One smartphone, coming up. Would you want fries with that? How about a custom casing colour? Gold accents? Chrome finish? Would you like to super-size the camera to 5 Mpix? Or ultra-size it to 7 Mpix maybe? Would you like it water resistant, only $7 more? And this week only, the optional TV tuner special for only $29? Or a GPS module perhaps?"

Discuss. [​IMG]

2. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Honestly, the idea is good (but completely impractical for the manufacturer), however this phone looks like something you would see in a store like DealExtreme [​IMG] ... I'll stick with my cheap 6120 Classic, thankyouverymuch. [​IMG]

3. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    That actually looks pretty cool. Quite tempting, especially with it running windows mobile. If I get bored of waiting for the Meizu MiniOne I think that I might chase this one up.

4. AndreXL

AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2006
    Two cameras but no video calling support. Hum.

5. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
  6. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    This has to be a joke...
    right?

7. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Well, the article Javacat linked to claims you get the phone, but it runs Symbian instead of Windows CE.

Since most phones are put together by hand from components/build modules, adding/omitting some modules to order wouldn't be a problem. It's like cars: the basic model is this much, but then you have the optional extras: extra airbags, better stereo, GPS, metallic paint, leather seats, anti-rust coating, plush dice for the rear-view mirror... [​IMG]

Well, scam or not (Symbian or Windows), what do you think of the general idea?