Zune & Xbox Team Merga: Xbox Portable Coming Soon?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, MS announced that the Zune and Xbox teams are set to merge. Unsurprisingly, this has sparked and refreshed rumors that an Xbox Portable is in development? Do you think this is true and would you like to see such a device on the market place?

QUOTE said:
Last week, Microsoft announced that the Windows Media Center and Zune software groups have been assimilated by the “same Interactive Entertainment Business group that handles the Xbox as well as all gaming.” Microsoft says that this is a logical step in terms of being able to unify their Mobile platforms. On one hand, it really is a sensible step: there are separate app stores for Windows Mobile and Zune, and videos obtained by users from the Zune Marketplace can’t be transferred to their Xbox 360. This is the exact opposite at Apple, which only has iTunes for the Macs, the iPhone and the iPod Touch. But I’d like to think that Microsoft is still considering coming out with a portable Xbox/Zune combo.

News Source: Technabob

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can see Microsoft bringing some of their franchises and games to the Zune, but a real Xbox portable comparible to PSP or DS? Nah, more like an iPhone competitor.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I dont think Microsoft will release a handheld to compete with the DS or PSP.
Expect them to release it to compete against the DS2 and PSP2 if they ever release it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
I can see Microsoft bringing some of their franchises and games to the Zune, but a real Xbox portable comparible to PSP or DS? Nah, more like an iPhone competitor.

This

Maybe they'll think of something more serious when the DS2 is probably released.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
But I’d like to think that Microsoft is still considering coming out with a portable Xbox/Zune combo.

He'd "like to think" there's an xbox portable coming but judging by his language he knows it isn't even remotely true.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully Microsoft will make their portable region free because I missed out on several epic Japanese 360 games because of region locks otherwise I'll skip it, I'll invest my money on the DS2 and PSP2 as planned.

D

Deleted_171835

Xbox Portable? I wouldn't mind that.

I probably won't purchase it, though. In the next generation, I'll just get a Nintendo portable (DS2) and a 'non-Nintendo' console. I missed tons of great games because the Wii was underpowered and didn't support the games. I'm not going to take the risk, again.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:

I probably won't purchase it, though. In the next generation, I'll just get a Nintendo portable (DS2) and a 'non-Nintendo' console. I missed tons of great games because the Wii was underpowered and didn't support the games. I'm not going to take the risk, again.

That's some of the best stealth trolling I've ever seen.
rofl2.gif

And you pulled this off in a topic about the Xbox Portable.

lol, fanboys are always '"on."

D

Deleted_171835

SPH73 said:
Revolutionize said:

rofl2.gif

Stealth trolling? I hardly consider that trolling. I'm actually a die-hard Nintendo fanboy. All my consoles and portables are Nintendo systems. As a matter of fact, I haven't purchased one system that's made from another company apart from Nintendo.

The Wii does have its fair share of good games. Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes are just a few examples. On the other hand, the Wii can't support some of the titles on the 360 and PS3 like Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Modern Warfare. Since I only have one console, I can't play some of the great titles those consoles have to offer.

Surely, the next Nintendo system will be behind considering that the Wii doesn't have HD capabilities and will have to catch up. Then again, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
mellow.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
seeing how much the zune failed against the ipod i can see this crashing and burning too
laugh.gif

Most handhelds "fail" against the iPod. The iPod is pretty much the portable music player. It's kinda like when you say you made a copy of something on a printer, you sometimes call it a Xerox. When we're gonna listen to music, we say "I'm using my iPod," even if you have a different MP3 player. Not to mention my brother has a Zune and it's quite cool.

Also, I've been waiting for a Microsoft handheld. If they can push handhelds as a great way to game online on the go, I'll be forever in love. Because let's face it, Microsoft really brought online gaming to the next level with the things like Halo.

D

Deleted_171835

Bladexdsl said:
seeing how much the zune failed against the ipod i can see this crashing and burning too
laugh.gif
What? The Zune did not fail.

Microsoft sold 3+ million units. Definitely not a failure. The iPod may have done better since it's popular and all but the Zune did not fail. The iPod sucks anyways. (opinion, in case you don't know)

D

Deleted_171835

Bladexdsl said:
ipod can do more than just play music

you ask any1 here about the zune and they never heard of it
nyanya.gif
I know what it is!

I own a Zune 4 GB and a Zune HD.
nyanya.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Revolutionize said:
Bladexdsl said:
laugh.gif
What? The Zune did not fail.

Microsoft sold 3+ million units. Definitely not a failure. The iPod may have done better since it's popular and all but the Zune did not fail. The iPod sucks anyways. (opinion, in case you don't know)

The iPod does suck, the wheel fucks up and when you select a song, it moves and selects the one after.

I would prefer a Zune. I like the Zune software, iTunes is bland (even though its easy to edit the information on the tracks, thats one of the things I miss). I guess a Zune is going to be added to my list of things to buy but never buy it

D

Deleted_171835

Bladexdsl said:
Revolutionize said:
Bladexdsl said:

nyanya.gif
I know what it is!
i said any1 here not canada!
rofl2.gif
I thought you were talking about GBAtemp...

Somebody in Australia is bound to know. Hatsu probably knows what it is!
nyanya.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bladexdsl said:
Revolutionize said:
Bladexdsl said:

nyanya.gif
I know what it is!
i said any1 here not canada! i think only 1 shop sells them here harvey norman i havn't seen them anywhere else
rofl2.gif
Hey screw you buddy. Canada rules.

Lots of people have heard of the Zune. It just kinda went "out".

Also, if you want people to take you seriously, I would recomend you "lern 2 gramr" and skip the smileys and abreviations.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:
SPH73 said:
Revolutionize said:

rofl2.gif

Stealth trolling? I hardly consider that trolling.

Yeah that's why you went out of your way to bag on the Wii in a topic about the Xbox Portable.
rolleyes.gif

That's OK. I understand the psychology of of the fanboy. You can't help yourself. And who knows? Maybe you were too young to read the internet in 2006. Back when the Wii was first launched its lower specs were big news. I'm sure anyone wanting a powerful system would have bought another console.

D

Deleted_171835

SPH73 said:
Revolutionize said:
SPH73 said:
Revolutionize said:

rofl2.gif

Stealth trolling? I hardly consider that trolling.

Yeah that's why you went out of your way to bag on the Wii in a topic about the Xbox Portable.
rolleyes.gif

That's OK. I understand the psychology of of the fanboy. You can't help yourself. And who knows? Maybe you were too young to read the internet in 2006. Back when the Wii was first launched its lower specs were big news. I'm sure anyone wanting a powerful system would have bought another console.
Good job. Editing out half of my fucking post. But that's besides the point.

What I said may have been irrelevant. I tend to stray off topic. The psychology of a fanboy. What am I a 'fanboy' of?, then? I'd like you to explain. Lol. Too young to read the internet? You're hilarious! I'm serious! I purchased a Wii at the time because of the price. I didn't have a lot of money, then so obviously I wouldn't be able to purchase another console.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)