Xbox's X019 event coverage, new Rare IP, new Obsidian game, Halo Reach PC release date announced

wGa8aIU.png

Before we all journey off to Galar in the Pokemon world's take on the UK, Microsoft is hosting an event in England this afternoon; their yearly X0 stream taking place during an episode of Inside Xbox, which is set to showcase all the Xbox games to look forward to in the new year. X019 kicks off in mere minutes, so let's see what Xbox has in store, as rumors begin to swirl about Obsidian's latest game, and if Rare is possibly working on a new title. All the major announcements and reveals will be documented here, so you can either refresh live to keep updated, or catch up after the event.

:arrow: Source

Live Coverage

We start with a cutscene heavy trailer for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, slated for release tomorrow. The development team talks about their excitement about releasing the game after years of work.

The hosts are teasing Game Pass reveals, ID@Xbox, and more.

Someone from Rare is on camera, talking about a new game being developed by the studio. It's a new IP, and has a trailer. Has cell-shaded graphics. Titled Everwild.

Obsidian's got a new game as well, just as the rumors said. A survival game with a twist...you're the size of an ant. Team up with friends to build and survive against little-big threats in Grounded. It's been in development for about a year, and it's a new take for the studio, which is normally dedicated to story-based RPGs, but Grounded is being made by a smaller team within Obsidian, who worked on Pillars of Eternity 2. It'll be on Xbox Game Preview this Spring, giving fans the chance to try it out and offer feedback throughout development. The company is still working on traditional RPGs though, but have nothing to reveal yet.

There's a new isometric game, featuring the Fallout "war never changes" narrator Ron Perlman as the main voice actor. It's an overhead action/shooting game. Called West of Dead, and developed by Raw Fury. It's in open beta.

Sea of Thieves is getting plenty of new content, for competitive fights, cosmetics, and more. The update is coming this month, and is free.

World premiere for the "PC racing legend" game Kartrider Drift, headed to Xbox. Looks very much like Mario Kart. Is free to play.

Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge is getting a new trailer. As shown at E3 2019, it's a 4v4 online team based competitive game. Launches March 24, 2020. Will have crossplay.

Planet Coaster is coming to Xbox One. Summer 2020.

Life is Strange developers are working on a new game. Called Tell me Why, summer 2020, will release with all chapters at once.

Annapurna Interactive is working on a trippy looking game called The Artful Escape. Is a 2D game.

We're now hearing about Project xCloud, where all your games will be playable on your phone or tablet, wherever you go. Over 50 games are playable in the preview mode. In 2020 game streaming will be available for titles that you own on Xbox to be played on PC. Xbox Game Pass users will be able to stream their games to their non gaming devices.

Yakuza comes to Xbox, with 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2. Early 2020, will be part of Xbox Game Pass.

Drake Hollow is another survival online multiplayer game.

Footage of Halo Reach being shown in 4K, as part of the upcoming PC release. Launches December 3, 2019. For Xbox and PC through Steam.

Flight Simulator footage.

Age of Empires IV gameplay shown. It's set in the medieval era. A new studio has formed specifically to develop this series, called World's Edge.

Korea's major battle royale shooter, Crossfire X is headed to Xbox, and the dev team shows off the extra care put into adapting the game for console. It'll be free to play.

Last Stop is a game about a guy who gets his body switched with someone else's. Is described as having a tone similar to Twin Peaks.

Minecraft Dungeons is launching this April. The game has adaptive difficulty depending on how many players you've got playing coop.

Final Fantasy 7 through 15 are coming to Xbox Game Pass next year.

The previously PS4-exclusive Kingdom Hearts remakes will be coming to Xbox One.

Xbox Game Pass is getting The Witcher 3, Darksiders III, My Friend Pedro, Life is Strange 2, this winter, with Yakuza, Flight Simulator, Bleeding Edge, Grounded, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and more coming next year.

Giant indie reel of mostly previously announced games.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gotta admit that it went completely under the radar for me that Fallen Order is releasing tomorrow. Too much Pokémon lately.

Last edited by Zense,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
As someone who never owned an Xbox console, i was digging to play a Halo game on PC(Halo 1 and 2 never seemed to work for me back in the day) for ages, so hooray for Halo Reach!
It's a day one for me.

Last edited by RedoLane,

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty interesting showcase of new games, tbh I thought it was all going to be FPS and war simulations. I'm pleasantly surprised

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Halo Reach is the most exciting one, even if it is old news. Let's hope they add splitscreen coop quickly after launch. I guess the Kingdom Hearts remakes will be cool to see on the Xbox One X as well since graphically they'll probably become the definitive versions (until a PC release comes by).

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: FateForWindows

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is why I don't have a xbox. Not many of the games I would be playing here. If i owned one, it would only have Cuphead, killer instinct, and umm... sunset overdrive. (Oh wait that's on pc) Just not enough games like fighting games, or platforming games, or probably even RPG games. Are there any japanese developers working on this console at all? It also doesn't help that Xbox is getting games that's already been out for years (Square enix, should be feeling this comment right now) :ninja:

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, I watched an hour of that conference, and couldn't take it anymore. Why can'y Microsoft just have pre-recorded presentations that show off just the games, like Sony/Nintendo? Watching that live presentation was painful.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, this is why I don't have a xbox. Not many of the games I would be playing here. If i owned one, it would only have Cuphead, killer instinct, and umm... sunset overdrive. (Oh wait that's on pc) Just not enough games like fighting games, or platforming games, or probably even RPG games. Are there any japanese developers working on this console at all? It also doesn't help that Xbox is getting games that's already been out for years (Square enix, should be feeling this comment right now) :ninja:
Cuphead is also on PC :P It does feel quite underwhelming that Xbox is getting these games now, but at least it might indicate better times for Project Scarlett.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...