Xbox's X019 event coverage, new Rare IP, new Obsidian game, Halo Reach PC release date announced

wGa8aIU.png

Before we all journey off to Galar in the Pokemon world's take on the UK, Microsoft is hosting an event in England this afternoon; their yearly X0 stream taking place during an episode of Inside Xbox, which is set to showcase all the Xbox games to look forward to in the new year. X019 kicks off in mere minutes, so let's see what Xbox has in store, as rumors begin to swirl about Obsidian's latest game, and if Rare is possibly working on a new title. All the major announcements and reveals will be documented here, so you can either refresh live to keep updated, or catch up after the event.

:arrow: Source

Live Coverage

We start with a cutscene heavy trailer for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, slated for release tomorrow. The development team talks about their excitement about releasing the game after years of work.

The hosts are teasing Game Pass reveals, ID@Xbox, and more.

Someone from Rare is on camera, talking about a new game being developed by the studio. It's a new IP, and has a trailer. Has cell-shaded graphics. Titled Everwild.

Obsidian's got a new game as well, just as the rumors said. A survival game with a twist...you're the size of an ant. Team up with friends to build and survive against little-big threats in Grounded. It's been in development for about a year, and it's a new take for the studio, which is normally dedicated to story-based RPGs, but Grounded is being made by a smaller team within Obsidian, who worked on Pillars of Eternity 2. It'll be on Xbox Game Preview this Spring, giving fans the chance to try it out and offer feedback throughout development. The company is still working on traditional RPGs though, but have nothing to reveal yet.

There's a new isometric game, featuring the Fallout "war never changes" narrator Ron Perlman as the main voice actor. It's an overhead action/shooting game. Called West of Dead, and developed by Raw Fury. It's in open beta.

Sea of Thieves is getting plenty of new content, for competitive fights, cosmetics, and more. The update is coming this month, and is free.

World premiere for the "PC racing legend" game Kartrider Drift, headed to Xbox. Looks very much like Mario Kart. Is free to play.

Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge is getting a new trailer. As shown at E3 2019, it's a 4v4 online team based competitive game. Launches March 24, 2020. Will have crossplay.

Planet Coaster is coming to Xbox One. Summer 2020.

Life is Strange developers are working on a new game. Called Tell me Why, summer 2020, will release with all chapters at once.

Annapurna Interactive is working on a trippy looking game called The Artful Escape. Is a 2D game.

We're now hearing about Project xCloud, where all your games will be playable on your phone or tablet, wherever you go. Over 50 games are playable in the preview mode. In 2020 game streaming will be available for titles that you own on Xbox to be played on PC. Xbox Game Pass users will be able to stream their games to their non gaming devices.

Yakuza comes to Xbox, with 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2. Early 2020, will be part of Xbox Game Pass.

Drake Hollow is another survival online multiplayer game.

Footage of Halo Reach being shown in 4K, as part of the upcoming PC release. Launches December 3, 2019. For Xbox and PC through Steam.

Flight Simulator footage.

Age of Empires IV gameplay shown. It's set in the medieval era. A new studio has formed specifically to develop this series, called World's Edge.

Korea's major battle royale shooter, Crossfire X is headed to Xbox, and the dev team shows off the extra care put into adapting the game for console. It'll be free to play.

Last Stop is a game about a guy who gets his body switched with someone else's. Is described as having a tone similar to Twin Peaks.

Minecraft Dungeons is launching this April. The game has adaptive difficulty depending on how many players you've got playing coop.

Final Fantasy 7 through 15 are coming to Xbox Game Pass next year.

The previously PS4-exclusive Kingdom Hearts remakes will be coming to Xbox One.

Xbox Game Pass is getting The Witcher 3, Darksiders III, My Friend Pedro, Life is Strange 2, this winter, with Yakuza, Flight Simulator, Bleeding Edge, Grounded, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and more coming next year.

Giant indie reel of mostly previously announced games.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuphead is also on PC :P It does feel quite underwhelming that Xbox is getting these games now, but at least it might indicate better times for Project Scarlett.
My only hope is that there is more variety of games from different genres. I know xbox has fighting games, but playstation just has more, even nintendo switch has more. It just got skullgirls and xbox still doesn't have it despite being out before switch. There is plenty i can name that playstation has that xbox doesn't. I can't even think of a single RPG for xbox either, or those platforming games.

Ever since Xbox 360, I always seen it advertised as a console for men who like the shooting war games and sport simulation games. "Get content early on xbox, xbox certified console for madden, etc." It just doesn't have the appeal to someone like me who likes the more foreign Japanese games that xbox just seem to lack. :ninja:

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My only hope is that there is more variety of games from different genres. I know xbox has fighting games, but playstation just has more, even nintendo switch has more. It just got skullgirls and xbox still doesn't have it despite being out before switch. There is plenty i can name that playstation has that xbox doesn't. I can't even think of a single RPG for xbox either, or those platforming games.

Ever since Xbox 360, I always seen it advertised as a console for men who like the shooting war games and sport simulation games. "Get content early on xbox, xbox certified console for madden, etc." It just doesn't have the appeal to someone like me who likes the more foreign Japanese games that xbox just seem to lack. :ninja:
Yeah, that's basically who xbox caters to and I think they don't even want to try to become dominant in the market of Japanese games since it is so out-classed by Nintendo and Sony, which are as a matter of fact Japanese companies. Microsoft tries to play more on the western companies that it's closer to.

Playstation having more variety is also due to it having been the leader this gen. I hope things get more evened out next gen as it's never a good thing to have one console dominating.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's basically who xbox caters to and I think they don't even want to try to become dominant in the market of Japanese games since it is so out-classed by Nintendo and Sony, which are as a matter of fact Japanese companies. Microsoft tries to play more on the western companies that it's closer to.

Playstation having more variety is also due to it having been the leader this gen. I hope things get more evened out next gen as it's never a good thing to have one console dominating.
I don't know, I just think because Xbox is mostly focused on trying to sell hardware when they make it overpriced (Compared to other options) due to it's high fidelity performance stuff. It doesn't help that they put their exclusives on pc which is even less more common to sell on because more people would have a pc because of just common life reasons. Just seem like xbox doesn't need to exist. They could easily just focus on putting out software titles on windows os if they want to sell games.

I just feel like they need to stop trying to prioritize selling a beefy hardware to sell games. What good is a expensive console with a launch price of $500 that hardly anyone could afford when there is cheaper options? Just because the system cost less, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It means more people can afford it and is likely to buy it. They need games, exclusive ones that people want to play and need the specific console to do. That's how you sell the console. The best selling games on nintendo or playstation consoles are exclusive games that aren't on other systems. Xbox don't have any of their exclusive games Dominating the console as the best seller. :blink:

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC is so not real competition to consoles that even Sony and Nintendo allow 3rd party "exclusives" to show up there. This is mainly because very few people are hooking up their PCs to televisions no matter how hard Valve tries (and in fact big picture chat has been broken for so long, makes you wonder if they gave up too.) Similarly very few that aren't streamers are hooking up their consoles to computer monitors. If you want to play MS ecosystem on a TV, Xbox One is the way most consumers are going now, and all the Xbox on PC stuff is mostly outreach to desktop gaming that Valve currently owns.

Even with Xbox's awful exclusives, they still sell half of what the PS4 did. That's more than enough install base to justify the minimal effort for most 3rd parties to port games between identical architectures. That's why it continues to make sense for MS to support a console.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Life is Strange developers are working on a new game. Called Tell me Why, summer 2020, will release with all chapters at once.
I'm going to go out in a limb and guess that the plot twist is that they weren't twins after all! One of the characters is just a figment of their imagination.

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never knew they had a yearly event in November, as always i'll do my wait and see approach with all their games.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Chary rather surprised that you never reported on the fact that in Tell Me Why Dontnod/Microsoft have just introduced the first lead trans character in a major video game. This is huge news and a massive step in the right direction towards acceptance of the trans community. Tell me Why is gonna be awesome

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game made by the Life is Strange dev better have this as it's theme with that title:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, this is why I don't have a xbox. Not many of the games I would be playing here. If i owned one, it would only have Cuphead, killer instinct, and umm... sunset overdrive. (Oh wait that's on pc) Just not enough games like fighting games, or platforming games, or probably even RPG games. Are there any japanese developers working on this console at all? It also doesn't help that Xbox is getting games that's already been out for years (Square enix, should be feeling this comment right now) :ninja:

KI3 is also on Steam as well. Damn shame it's been an XB1 exclusive as it's an awesome fighter!

D

Deleted User

The Xbox is nothing more than a modern day blockbuster/Redbox with gamepass,aswell as a cable box.They might aswell just call it the rentbox.

Last edited by ,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I just think because Xbox is mostly focused on trying to sell hardware when they make it overpriced (Compared to other options) due to it's high fidelity performance stuff. It doesn't help that they put their exclusives on pc which is even less more common to sell on because more people would have a pc because of just common life reasons. Just seem like xbox doesn't need to exist. They could easily just focus on putting out software titles on windows os if they want to sell games.

I just feel like they need to stop trying to prioritize selling a beefy hardware to sell games. What good is a expensive console with a launch price of $500 that hardly anyone could afford when there is cheaper options? Just because the system cost less, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It means more people can afford it and is likely to buy it. They need games, exclusive ones that people want to play and need the specific console to do. That's how you sell the console. The best selling games on nintendo or playstation consoles are exclusive games that aren't on other systems. Xbox don't have any of their exclusive games Dominating the console as the best seller. :blink:

Sums up my thoughts about the XB1 and the brand in general. They may as well call the next Xbox the WindowsBox as far as I'm concerned!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhh no Forza damn.
I know right... still, this was meant to be a Motorsport year rather than a Horizon, and they've been rather drab (in fact they've been a bit naff since #4 on the 360) so I'm not that arsed, but maybe this means the next Horizon is also delayed a year - bummer...

Okay event this year.. nothing new that really caught my eye (barring a few welcome ports) - main thing for me to take from the event is simply how indispensible GamePass has become, and will continue to be - worth every penny that one!

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know right... still, this was meant to be a Motorsport year rather than a Horizon, and they've been rather drab (in fact they've been a bit naff since #4 on the 360) so I'm not that arsed, but maybe this means the next Horizon is also delayed a year - bummer...

Okay event this year.. nothing new that really caught my eye (barring a few welcome ports) - main thing for me to take from the event is simply how indispensible GamePass has become, and will continue to be - worth every penny that one!
You know maybe they are developing the next game for Scarlett so it can take advantage if its features better.

Reactions: mightymuffy

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuphead is also on PC :P It does feel quite underwhelming that Xbox is getting these games now, but at least it might indicate better times for Project Scarlett.
Even if it does feel underwhelming, it's almost intentional by Microsoft. They want to build an ecosystem (PC and Xbox), not just Xbox gets only this that and the other. at some point I recall Phil Spencer saying they want people to have access to their games regardless of system, hence xcloud coming up for tablets and nintendo getting ports of games that also access Xbox online and achievements..

souhukyafod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
x
@Chary rather surprised that you never reported on the fact that in Tell Me Why Dontnod/Microsoft have just introduced the first lead trans character in a major video game. This is huge news and a massive step in the right direction towards acceptance of the trans community. Tell me Why is gonna be awesome

... said no one ever.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
x

... said no one ever.
To which part? The part that it is huge news. Well explain how there are a huge number of websites talking about just how big a moment this is for the trans community. Explain how it is not huge news when it just got discussed on tv on the news here in Scotland and got major praise for having a trans character in it (the Scottish news never usually talk about games unless its to blame them for some insane person going on a rampage) Its also huge news to the trans members on this very site of which there are more than you probably imagine @souhukyafod

Or are you saying said no one ever to my comment when i said the game is going to be awesome?

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...st-lead-trans-character-in-a-major-video-game

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/11/...gender-character-dontnod-entertainment-glaad/

And there are many more sites talking about how big a moment this is to the trans community.

Anyway I firmly believe all walks of life should be fairly and accurately represented in all forms of media so its nice to see this beginning to happen.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sonic Angel Knight, now it's 12 pm here