1. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Only person crying inside is Ninja. He was probably hoping to make another 30mil, but either way the man is phat stacked wherever he goes.

2. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Does this news actually affect anyone!
    I mean what is mixer and who uses FB for anything gaming related?
    lol?

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    If p2p, alt tech and whatever else are not going to be too viable on the competition front for a while yet (I am going 5-7 if tech proceeds as is, bit sooner if someone does something a bit more creative or someone that really knows their stuff on tech and business, convincing the masses to break out of the youtube, twitter, twitch and facebook walled gardens is also a hard one) then it does represent the effective loss of something like a viable potential competitor.
    The list of restrictions and problems associated with youtube, twitch and the like are considerable and growing, and while Microsoft are also happily in the same bubble as the above 4 with much the same approach to the world they tend not to change to restrictive as quickly as the others.

Gaming on facebook is an odd one. On the one hand yeah I expect it to ultimately be the same as the time facebook groups were supposed to obviate forums, ebay whilst also being the de facto email standin, blog platform and IM client. On the other hand they do know how big gaming can be (farmville and zynga might be a joke today but back when they were in it was not one), and if facebook is bleeding young users and not growing they will probably make a serious push for it at some point.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    [Strong opinion]

[Admitting that the opinion isn't based on beeing informed about the topic]

[A strong opinion not at all backed by current videogame sells figures and the trend to slowly increase the difficullty of games again (various games calling themself super hard while just beeing around 90s normal diffeculty like XCOM, Crash (I doub they make the new one much more easy then the very recent remakes. Wouldnt make sense), Souls-likes, various 2D plattformers like meatboy and shovelknight and many more]

But when all your opinions are obviously not based in reality where do the come from? OMG! It must be a edgy I'm-so-like-totaly-agains-the-mainstream-opinion sheep which follows the crowed by always jumping into it and then "going agains it" instead of finding its own points of view. What a shocking reveal! Or your're just a very cheap troll.

sleepstart likes this.
  5. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

United States
    An Xbox Oculus?!

6. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

United Kingdom
    DUDE!!! Its an OPINION!! If you dont like it, so what, who cares :)

7. Teach_QC

Teach_QC Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Facebook is exactly the last place I'd go to watch a stream of anything. Feel bad for the streamers on Mixer not named Ninja or Shroud that got a bomb dropped on their communities out of the blue. Most will end up on Twitch or Youtube, screw Zuckerland

8. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Permabanned from Scratch

United States
    That was fast.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - shutting, Facebook, merged