XP
Country
Italy

UlfrRiorwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
UPDATE : healing item descriptions translated

pilot status screen 90% translated what in the world this means? のっているゾイドの あたりやすさの しゅうせいりつ if you know just tell us XDD

ok, here's the deal.... after i end up translating deck commands ther will be an alpha release... testers must point up here and ill PM you with the release when its ready... probably... sunday...

our target is to make a fully translated interface and we will not translate history dialog..

why?

because this game is encripted as shit ! and we dont have speciallized tools/we are not HEX experts... if someone who masters CrystalTyle shows up with a way to dump dialogs in a format that i can simply translate it and then re taking it inside the game this COULD be possible... also we need someone who can sucessfully dump image files from the menu's so we can translate them...

thats all for now...

Ulfr Riorwa, 2nd Lt. Helic Army
"Wasteland wolves" Squad Leader

Cubioh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, this is great news!

In my opinion, whatever you can do, that would be great. There are faqs around for figuring out where to go, but playing with skill/ item names in english will make a huge difference!

Maybe sometime later on, tools might be developed to make it easier to do a whole translation, but until then, this would be pretty good! (anyway, isn't the game an update of zoids legends on gba advance? if so the story should be similar).

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Use tinke to dump the ncer cell images. Its the only way to get them done right. but warning you will find alot of it re-uses graphic parts. (see the zoid names graphic those files need a real good go over with someone willing to re-write the entire ncer cell by cell. Which can be done you just need patience.) use batchlz to decompress then you may need to use kiwi ds to make a narc out of those files. then edit those files in the narc. I find ct2 better for nscr and tinke for ncer is best.
Again do a memory dump, find the pointers to the text in the memory dump and work from that. のっているゾイドの あたりやすさの しゅうせいりつ may not even go together. it could be the 1st part and something else entirely or them all by themselves you won't know until you look.
As to tools normmat's tools for the text work fine until some files. which since those tools come with a file structure - are not hard to edit in a hex editor.

shikamarutak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE : healing item descriptions translated

pilot status screen 90% translated what in the world this means? のっているゾイドの あたりやすさの しゅうせいりつ if you know just tell us XDD

ok, here's the deal.... after i end up translating deck commands ther will be an alpha release... testers must point up here and ill PM you with the release when its ready... probably... sunday...

our target is to make a fully translated interface and we will not translate history dialog..

why?

because this game is encripted as shit ! and we dont have speciallized tools/we are not HEX experts... if someone who masters CrystalTyle shows up with a way to dump dialogs in a format that i can simply translate it and then re taking it inside the game this COULD be possible... also we need someone who can sucessfully dump image files from the menu's so we can translate them...

thats all for now...

Ulfr Riorwa, 2nd Lt. Helic Army
"Wasteland wolves" Squad Leader
ok here is what i got in the translation :のっているゾイドの あたりやすさの しゅうせいりつ=zoids ride formation. i looked it up in a Jap to Eng translate book, there were more bits to it but this made more sence when i translated. hope this helps in some way.

uns33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so happy to see this back online :) been watching this from the start :) UlfrRiorwa ill be a tester if you like, im useing an R4 (wood) card will that be ok?

Been here from the start have tried to contribute with not much success before (my translators didn't like the project... actually it was more the formatting but who cares)
um it'd be great if I could be a tester I'm using the same thing as that guy. Already have the game ready so let me know.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One thing I find ironic in most translation request is that most people will just volunteer themselves to be beta testers, when they probably don't even realise what beta testing involves, heck... It can be a very tedious task, the job of a beta tester is to check out for bugs and see if the game can be played properly, sometimes they have to replay the same level, dungeon or whatever it is over and over just so they can figure if there really is a bug or not (sometimes bugs are triggered by certain strings of choices/actions iirc), anyway, people that just want to play and enjoy the game, will in most cases, fail to contribute on beta testing. z.z"

Well, on topic, if this game does indeed get a full translation, it would be really awesome, since I've loved Zoids since I was younger. =3

Reactions: 3 people

uns33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I find ironic in most translation request is that most people will just volunteer themselves to be beta testers, when they probably don't even realise what beta testing involves, heck... It can be a very tedious task, the job of a beta tester is to check out for bugs and see if the game can be played properly, sometimes they have to replay the same level, dungeon or whatever it is over and over just so they can figure if there really is a bug or not (sometimes bugs are triggered by certain strings of choices/actions iirc), anyway, people that just want to play and enjoy the game, will in most cases, fail to contribute on beta testing. z.z"

Well, on topic, if this game does indeed get a full translation, it would be really awesome, since I've loved Zoids since I was younger. =3

I understand what you mean about beta testing cause I know people who've done it and it's a really time consuming job. If I didn't have time I wouldn't have volunteered but hey if you're volunteering too and you make the cut then I'll feel more confident cause there's someone experienced on the team.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I understand what you mean about beta testing cause I know people who've done it and it's a really time consuming job. If I didn't have time I wouldn't have volunteered but hey if you're volunteering too and you make the cut then I'll feel more confident cause there's someone experienced on the team.
Oh, I wasn't referring to anyone in specific, just something that I see in pretty much all translation threads, be it here, or in other forums and I'm not volunteering, I was just giving my opinion on this beta testing issue that a lot of people seem to misunderstand. z.z

Reactions: 1 person

uns33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I wasn't referring to anyone in specific, just something that I see in pretty much all translation threads, be it here, or in other forums and I'm not volunteering, I was just giving my opinion on this beta testing issue that a lot of people seem to misunderstand. z.z

I see well thanks for the input hopefully other people read it cause it is useful.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Truth. If you're beta testing a game, you have to play it to break it. This means not only playing the same stage/race/battle dozens, or perhaps hundreds of times, it also means trying to cause crashes. You have to test how every ability in the game interacts with every other ability, deliberately play suboptimally (for example, spending an entire race in a racing game crashing into walls trying to break collision detection), and basically try anything and everything you can think of to cause glitches. And you have to document everything. Even small glitches like the text running off the edge of a dialogue box, or text color changing at inappropriate times, has to be reported to the hackers in exhaustive detail, including the exact circumstances under which the glitch happened.

Generally, with a translation patch, all you have to test is any area where text has been changed, and you usually don't have to check things like physics or collision, but considering that can easily be half to three-quarters of the game (especially in an RPG), there's still a lot of testing to be done.

Personally, I don't have the patience for it, and I know it. I'd never volunteer to beta test anything, because it's a long, boring process involving tedious experimentation and documentation.

Reactions: 2 people

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
During the last day or two I've whipped together a gui event text editor in C# that should work for all the events although I haven't tested them yet. It loads in the LZ77 compressed events and saves them LZ77 compressed so no having to run batch scripts all the time. I'm planning to add support for the file formats in the str folder as well at some stage. I am busy with other things at the moment but I will try to look into implementing a VWF for this game.

UlfrRiorwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok im not dead im nooot dead XD this project still ongoing but i was trough a lot and i wasnt able to connect but im back to work already

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...