Hacking Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
No idea then, maybe try some different PPSSPP builds

in Disassembler, change these and test in real hardware please:
0x8ADE5C8 = sw zero,0x4(s5) ---Change to---> sw t7,0x4(s5)
0x8ADE5CC = sw zero,0x8(s5) ---Change to---> sw t7,0x8(s5)

it should make the save load menu in english i guess

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually just done the swap for loading, it now has "Back" and "Enter" in english for a real psp.
Took a while to copy though

It does save at 08ADE5C8 but it saves over it again at 08ADDE14 so the value isn't used

The main problem I'm having is finding the location in the eboot, any good way to find it except
ctrl-f?

Also I'm guessing you got ppsspp working, unless your using jpcsp

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Actually just done the swap for loading, it now has "Back" and "Enter" in english for a real psp.
Took a while to copy

It does save at 08ADE5C8 but it saves over it again at 08ADDE14 so the value isn't used

do the same for both again:
0x8ADDE14 = sw zero,0x4(s2) ---Change to---> sw at,0x4(s2)
0x8ADDE18 = sw zero,0x8(s2) ---Change to---> sw at,0x8(s2)

Reactions: JamRules

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said already done and tested it

"Actually just done the swap for loading"

I think save may use a different call but it's impossible to get to the first save on PPSSPP (without a controller) and I lost my old saves so I'll have to test later

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Like I said already done and tested it

"Actually just done the swap for loading"

I think save may use a different call but it's impossible to get to the first save on PPSSPP (without a controller) and I lost my old saves so I'll have to test later

ok did you do the little swap for the SetLanguage SCE ?

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean sceImposeSetLanguageMode then yes but thanks anyway.
And I just checked and save is definitely a different call, unfortunately character select is bugged out on PPSSPP since it saves after name entry

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw plenty of other calls I just need to be able to breakpoint with PPSSPP so I know what register to replace zero with.
That or somehow inject a load immediate but I don't know how to add extra opcodes

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm playing to the first save point on my psp, then I'll copy the save and hopefully be able to trace it

Edit: Strange, when using PPSSPP it always loads the first save no matter which I choose,
it works fine on a real PSP so maybe it's another multi-threading error like the character select.

it happens even with a clean version so pretty sure its a bug with PPSSPP

Edit: even weirder, I deleted the other saves except for the one on the first bench but when it loads it starts from the very beginning.

Edit: turns out I didn't lose my other save, when I load it on my psp it loads fine,
but no matter what save I load on PPSSPP it starts a new game as the male main.
Well, thats going to make debugging hard. I'll have to dig out my wired xbox controller and playthrough to the first save and use PPSSPP statesaves, but I'll do that tommorow since it's 02:30

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have an idea where the stuff for the Main Menu is? I cannot find anything for it, then again I guess If I did find it, it would be in a file type I'm not used to.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure it could be in layout, it possible that icons are stored as .TPL since they are animated but I wasn't able to get much from googling.
The magic number is CMPS so as a wild guess could be some form of video.

PICT/LOADINGINFO holds the text for the loading screens as still .TM2s so that'll be good to replace,

loading_info_map_0001.png

LAYOUT also holds the map images for example this is the bus

map_0101.png

Edit: And the .GIMs found in pict are for the particle effects so it's not those
When I find time I'll look through the syscalls to find what files it's loading but I have the save asm to do and Sol Trigger stuff

Reactions: TwistedZeon

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I knew about the loadinginfo but not the map images so that's nice to know.

MAP_0001_zpsd890d721.png

If you ever get around the finding it it'd be greatly appreciated. I would try and continue text insertion but I feel like my translations aren't that great. The way I do it is so sloppy. I use the faq as a guideline, then I use google translate on a line of text, I also get my friend who isn't very fluent in japanese to try and translate it, and then we take all that and try to make the best sounding translation. This is why we really could use a proper translator who is fluent. Though given how we have been doing it, I am impressed with how good we have done so far.

Edit:That edited loadinginfo, I cannot get working in the game dunno why.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say not working does the game not work or does it still show in japanese?
because there may be copies in the .pkgs
Edit: Oh and I just looked at the faq properly for the first time, I didn't realise it wasn't a direct script translation. Depending on how good your japanese is a proper translator would be a great help then since straight up machine translation generally fails. Guessing you haven't got a reply from the person you asked?

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game works but no image shows in the spot it is supposed to be.

Yeah my friend's Japanese isn't that great yet, so a proper translator would be much better.

Also no I haven't gotten a reply yet. If only the faq was a direct script translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...