Hacking Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped the ram and ran the tool on it and definitely found some interesting stuff
file_2.png

file_1.png

file_4.png

file_3.png

The images are white with alpha so you may have to highlight or right click to see them,
that or click and drag which should show the outline

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they were to be honest since I looked at the ram earlier,
I'll try tracing the IO but the game uses async functions which makes it more difficult

Edit:

http://ebitsu.net/archives/9987896.html
Interesting but I don't think it'll be ZZT4

Edit:

Okay some good and some bad news, I found where the images are stored which is
in PSP_GAME\USRDIR\DVDROOT\LAYOUT\TITLE_MENU.TPL.

The problem is the file is a compression archive so you have to figure out how to decompress the file, split it, edit the files, then compress and rebuild the archive with the right structure.
As a wild guess its some form of LZ77

Now for a successful full translation I'm guessing a tool will be needed to:
-decompress the content
-split the .tpl into files
-import replacement files and update .tpl structure
-recompress content

I haven't looked at the asm in detail yet but honestly, without an existing tool that works programming compression could be very difficult

It might be possible somehow to asm hack out the comp sequences, and store all files as raw but in this case I'm not sure if this is viable either

I've attached the decomp file dumped from RAM, if you run the tool on it you'll find the menu items incorrectly labeled as ERROR (all the files actually open fine), the choices are 2kb each

Oh and the correct interlace for the large images seems to be BGR+I / BGR

Attachments

• title_menu_decomp.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 144

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Straight up, that article was very interesting. I've known about that company for a long time since the irem devs went and formed it.
I never thought they would actually get around to making a game after all this time making PS Home clothing.

Yeah this sounds like it could cause us a lot of trouble.

I'll take a look at the file once I get a chance.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the huge amount of time it would take, the problem is while I could probably write the decompression I doubt I can write the re-compression.

So that leaves trying to asm hack out the compression which at the moment again looks doubtful

Now I did notice that once loaded the magic number of the file is checked to determine what to do.
It may be possible to convert the file to a different type and get it to work but this also seems somewhat doubtful.

So at the moment I'm stuck on how to get the file loaded

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least new game and load are in english. At its worst you could replace all the text and loading screens which would allow people to enjoy the story, nowhere near ideal but better than nothing

I'll look into it more when I get time but it'll likely take quite a while to get something done,
since it'll probably take a considerable amount of time I might have to do it after I'm done with Sol Trigger

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, The most important is already translated. Though nowhere near ideal like you said.

No need to rush it, your translation should come first. I am glad you have helped as much as you have,
but you shouldn't try to hard till you are done your translation project.

Edit: I didn't expect to finish this game quickly, I just want to make sure it gets done eventually,
rather then sit in the dead state it was before I picked it up.

Reactions: JamRules

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like finding a fluent Japanese translator is going to be the bane of my existence xD

Edit: I took a look at that file, it has everything we need to work on the main menu. I just don't understand what the second more bold versions of the text are for?

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah alright, That was kinda what I though.

Also, I think I may have found someone to help translate.
It is a friend of someone and they will ask them if they would be willing to lend us a hand when they come on.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you ever have something good for Tim2 except Tim2bmp (which is horrendous with Alpha channel) I'd like to see it.

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jam, I have update the front page of the project. You should take a look and let me know what you think of the changes.

I thought to more or so colour code the progress to make it quicker to pick out things and what not.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good with the colours, one thing to maybe change is to remove menus under translation since they're probably all images and fall under that category. Also after looking at the menu I think help should be manuals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol