Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're welcome.

Sounds good to me. I finally have had a chance to look at the pause menu.. It's all images too just like the main menu.
With out a tool to decompress and re-compress those images(those tpl files) this isn't going to be able to get done.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I noticed that too, I'll update you on that if I think of something but for now I wouldn't worry since there's still lots of other stuff that can be done

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh for sure, Tons of lines of text to be translated alone.

Hopefully we do come up with a solution though, none the less we are still progressing nicely what with the new ppsspp and all.

Reactions: JamRules

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We now have a translator! After searching day in and day out I have finally found someone who was willing to help. :D

Given a day or two we will see their work once done. I have only sent the Map0001 text for now.

Reactions: GHANMI and JamRules

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Aaaand by the way. (If that's detracting from other far more serious matters, the title could be still left in Japanese)
How about a small fan contest to design an English logo?
Something like "Disaster Report 3" or whatever title and subtitles you choose ("Wrecked City and A Maiden's Medley" or whatever sounds nice and catchy)

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a very interesting idea, Assuming we could get enough interest in it then I would be more then happy to have a contest for that.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something like this but much better

logo_draft.png

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Something like this but much better

logo_draft.png

That's a nice logo that gets the feel of the original, almost excellent but it's overlapping too much with the number 3 (would help a lot if there's any way to get a pic with only the number).
The characters are inconsistently thick or thin: especially glaring with the "O", and part of the "R" and "D".

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not the best at graphics but I was using paint.net which is kinda awful for this sort of thing since everything is immediately rasterized,
the best software for drawing I've used is Flash but obviously that's not free (and I'm don't intend to steal it)

Anyone know any good free drawing software?

And this is the best quality 3 I've got

logo_3.png

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did install that yesterday but not tried it much, might be good.
I was looking for a program that can edit 8bit indexed bitmaps with alpha support, still not found one though. Basically for Sol Trigger I have textures that have 8bits per pixel and a CLUT with 256 x 4 bytes colours.

tiledgg1-example.png

Kinda off topic but anyone know a good tile editor - I tried crystal tile but the UI breaks

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel your trouble. I wish someone would code a tile editor with the best from both worlds:
* SNES 4bpp properly displaying and more unorthodox formats like in tilemolester but also tilegdd
* manual tile composer tool, quick copy/paste, interface of CT2

Right now for example I need something that has a tile composition tool (like CT2) and doesn't break SNES 4bpp graphics when edited (unlike CT2).

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just though it may be a good idea to added about the logo to the front page so it gets seen,
it could explain what is needed and have a picture of the original logo, the "only 3" texture and any entries

D

Deleted User

Why not "The Desperated City 3: Damaged Town and Her Song" i got that from Wikipedia, is it unaccurate or too long?

I mean the first is "Raw Danger!"
the 2nd is "Disaster Report" AKA "SOS: The Final Escape"

It seems that they named this games whatever came to mind, so why follow the random title of the 2nd game? I like the real translation of the title best.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I kinda like just the romaji or a literal translation, the reason I used Disaster Report is because it's considerably shorter which makes a logo easier.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
絶体絶命都市3 ─壊れゆく街と彼女の歌
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3: Kowareyuku Machi to Kanojo no Uta
Disaster City 3: Fading City and a Maiden's Song
(That Wikipedia translation is not gospel btw, and certainly not a literal translation as it claims)

Disaster Report was the US name of the first game (Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 1), which got later renamed in Europe for the later release to "S.O.S: The Final Escape" (which, incidentally, is the name of a very similar survival game about escaping a sinking ship and helping survivors, but for the SNES - released under that name in Japan and slightly censored in the US)
Raw Danger is the name of the second game (Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2) in the US, and it wasn't really changed for Europe.

Zettai Zatsumei Toshi 3 was commonly referred to in gaming sites as "Disaster Report 3" and it did help make the connection for lots of people (there's still the possibility of releasing patches for the first two games to fix the "everyone is blonde and white" localization change where we could give them unified names - for example renaming the second game "Disaster Report 2").

Since "Disaster City/Struck Down City/Damaged City" is present in both the series name (Zettai Zetsumei Toshi) and the subtitle specific to this entry (Kowareyuku Machi) I think it would be redundant to write it twice. Maybe go for "Disaster Report 3" with a translated subtitle for the "Disaster/Fading City and a Maiden's Song" part?

That would be a personal peeve of mine, but romaji feels so out of place in both the learning process for Japanese, and just about everywhere where it could be helped not to have it. But I understand that choice here since it helps a lot tracking down the actual PSP release. Remember anime games had a small "Shonen Jump's" above the logo: that could do the trick

TwistedZeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see what you are talking about.

Naming it Disaster Report 3 would also help people over here that know the game by that name find it rather then it's romaji name.

Then would "Disaster Report 3 - A Fading city" be something we could all agree on?

Assuming we can I will then change the contest accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: