Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TwistedZeon, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Fuzaki

Fuzaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States
    Always nice to see some progress.

Can confirm that savefiles work. Do you have one from the first save? Or can you upload you ppsspp/settings?

2. DanielGearSolid

DanielGearSolid Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2014
    United States
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    This is great news!

Can we donate?

3. TwistedZeon
    OP

TwistedZeon Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project Leader

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    I'm not really sure about taking donations but the offer is appreciated.

It seems this new translator as also left me like the first, I mean atleast we got a small bit from them.
    Sadly though we are once again left without a translator, I am having a lot of trouble finding someone who is willing to stay with us.

4. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Damn, you might end up having to do it yourself

5. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah it is starting to look like that, I really didn't want to resort to a google translation but I'm being left with no other choice.

GHANMI likes this.
  6. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Time to find a good book, etc.

Hopefully you manage to sort it out.

7. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    i want to help but i'm not really good at translating japanese to english since i am just also using a software on translating and having tons of knowledge of using synonyms is a major key factor for a machine translator.. hope you can find another translator soon....

8. HELPMEPLEASEOMG

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Is there any way I can help? I'm a huge fan of the ZZT series (RIP ZZT4 ;_;7)

*edit
    Google Translate ain't all too bad either as long as you have a competent TL checker and someone to give you textual advice

9. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Indeed RIP ZZT4 ;_;7 You will be missed.

Edit: The only help we really need right now is a translator, If anyone knows someone who could help then send them our way.

10. NicoBlogs

NicoBlogs GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    United States
    USA
    so quiet

11. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    The lack of a translator is likely a reason.
    I'll hopefully be able to help on the technical side once either Sol or Phantasy is out

TwistedZeon likes this.
  12. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Well yeah that is kinda the reason, makes it difficult to progress otherwise.

Hopefully you can, but no rush this project isn't going anywhere.
    On a technical end of things one of the biggest things holding the project back is those TPL files which hold the menu graphics.
    We need to figure out how to recompress them properly as I think we already have decompressed them.

13. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Hopefully its some compression format that already exists and can be identified

TwistedZeon likes this.
  14. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    That would help make things much easier.

15. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012

Google translator is much more bad than you think it is.
    Imagine a translator not properly handling prepositions, one third of the available writing systems (upper-case/lower-case) and verbs.
    If that competent TL checker gets a dictionary and starts translating on his own, no matter how shitty the result is, it will be better than Google translator.

16. Datatsushi

Datatsushi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    United States
    This is looking great, i hope you manage to finish! I loved Raw Danger, and was sad that this was only in Japanese (and even more sad about ZZT4). :D

JamRules and TwistedZeon like this.
  17. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    My, It has been sometime since this page has seen any action haha. I guess I might as well update on the current situation.

As of right now I haven't really given up on this, but I am facing the issue of lacking any means of translating.
    I sound like a broken record every time I say that and I hate it, but it's not like I have much else to say.
    I thought it'd be good to come and let everyone know though that this is by no means dead, It'll move again if we can get the help we need.
    The only other issue that we had so far would probably be that the menu images are held in a different compression then everything else in the game.
    On top of that it's a compression we are not familiar with nor does anyone else seem to be either.
    We can decompress it but we cannot recompile it successfully. So if anyone is interested in taking a look at that you can always let me know.

Other than that, that's all that's been going on. A whole lotta nothing.

JamRules and Shinon like this.
  18. shaolinphil

shaolinphil Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2013
    Just want to say thanks for all the hard work. Wish I knew Japanese too, there must be someone out there who can help though! :D

The English translation which you are using as a guide seems pretty thorough. Is there a lot more text that needs to be translated which is not in the guide?

19. TwistedZeon
    OP

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    That is only a walkthrough not a word for word translation which is what we are doing. I'm sure there is someone out there who can help, they just haven't seen this thread. lol

20. Shinon

Shinon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Malaysia
    Show people this tread