Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Zelda3 PuzzleDudes Quest
SNES ROM Hack
newsimage1039ahackbypuzzledude.png

This hack of Zelda: a Link to the Past features a redesign of the dungeons. For more information and a download please see the project post.

icon11.gif
 Project Post

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the screenshot, I see a trap in the first 5 seconds of the game.

Also, is this already a complete release? No beta or anything? If so, wtg on completing a Zelda hack.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The Prince of Codes said:
So its a sort of Zelda: Link to the Past - Master Quest?

from the project post, which i linked to....

QUOTEI started to remodel the original Zelda A Link to the Past game a long time ago. Unlike Goddess of Wisdom this is a modification, but despite that the dungeons are quite different to solve with a lot of new tricks and hidden objects. The star on the floor has many meanings in this game. Sometimes it will change the pits on the floor, but usually it means that something is hidden. In this case lift or hammer everything. At one point it even serves as a switch for opening the door.

I was concentrating to change the gameplay as much as possible, so even a veteran of the game can easily get stuck. The game is also more difficult than the original, but still quite easy at some points. Despite the fact that this is a remodel, it still took a lot of work, specially because of the number of the dungeons. The overworld, however, is less modified, but there are a lot of barriers, that will force you to search for the correct path. A smart player will quickly see, that this is much more than just another vapid master quest.

-another world

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
-another world
I've seen a lot of people doing this and I have to know:

- Are you trolling when you do this?
- Do you think people missed your username when it was listed above your avatar?
- Do you think people really care that you can spell your name?
- Are you aware that it's easier to use a signature with your name in it rather than type it out every time?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
_Chaz_ said:
Another World said:
-another world

- Do you think people missed your username when it was listed above your avatar?
- Are you aware that it's easier to use a signature with your name in it rather than type it out every time?

i'm well into my 30s and was taught in school to sign things. so i do. to be honest i could give a shit what people think of me or what i type. =)

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Rydian said:
It's a practice that originated before you were using the internet.

some days i find myself thinking back to BBS and then the days the Internet went live. I remember how everyone used "leet" text, black backgrounds, and blue font. i also remember how you could click on any link and it was safe to visit that site. those were good times =)

-another world

kbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Another World said:
-another world

Kinda rude... :L anyways, I may try this later on too
biggrin.gif
Gotta love fan remakes
tongue.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i'm well into my 30s and was taught in school to sign things. so i do. to be honest i could give a shit what people think of me or what i type. =)

-another world

People still do sign things, though I've always felt that online forums were more like speaking than writing... I don't know why, it just seems more personal than an essay.

Rydian said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jan 13 2011, 04:09 PM) I've seen a lot of people doing this and I have to know:
It's a practice that originated before you were using the internet.
So is maxing out at 512 MB of RAM.

I'm not saying I hate it or hate people for doing it, it's just always confused me.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This thread has strangely become a discussion about signing forum posts.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this game? Anyone even tried it?

yours truly,

Regnad

stalphonzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
This thread has strangely become a discussion about signing forum posts.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this game? Anyone even tried it?

yours truly,

Regnad

I think that this mod was created with funding from:[*]The Hyrule Lumber Yard[*]The King's Butcher[*]The Hyrule Fencing Club[*]Maze Lovers Anonymous
Rent a stump grinder and pick up some dynamite if you want it to take less than five minutes to cross the overworld because every screen is a maze. Path finding should be second nature to anyone playing a mod like this so the overworld mazes became drudgery very quickly. Sadists will be pleased with the number of spikes. Masochists will love the complete unbalance that comes with only the most powerful enemies sprinkled throughout the world. There are also plenty of traps if you're into that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, another Zelda hack. I missed that news the previous month.
I'll try it and I hope it will be better than "Parallel worlds", which even if the work on it was good, it really sucked at dungeon map design
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-