Zelda TotK - 1.1.0 Update Corrupts Game

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get this TotK update/patch applied, but it always results in a corrupted game. I am out of ideas so I figured I'd ask here. Here is what I have tried:

• Installed two different XCI's from two different sources
  • Updated to 16.0.2 and updated sig patches
  • Can install patch from Tinfoil, or from NUT using my own file (NSW release). Both install, but game is corrupted until I uninstall the patch
  • Tried installing patch from DBI, but it fails
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, since clearly many people have been able to apply the update/patch just fine. Any ideas why this might be happening?

• Haha
Reactions: Beaukilla

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
if the switch says the game is corrupted then the update file must be corrupted. i do not see a reason why it is otherwise. My switch is up to date 16.0.2 my atmosphere is up to date 1.5.2. including sigpatches and yet it did not work so what I did is I looked up for a different source of NSP file and who would have expected that it worked after all.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my game was also corrupted after installation, then it checked for errors on boot for a long time, actually wrote that some errors are found and recommend to redownload the game. but I could skip it and start the game and it is running fine.

edit: is there a posibility that the update alone was removed on my system?

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my game was also corrupted after installation, then it checked for errors on boot for a long time, actually wrote that some errors are found and recommend to redownload the game. but I could skip it and start the game and it is running fine.

edit: is there a posibility that the update alone was removed on my system?
If you highlight the game and press "+" to view the options, you should be able to see the installed version. Ver. 1.0.0 or Ver. 1.1.0. That will let you know if the update installed correctly.
Post automatically merged:

SD card format? have you tested the card with h2testw?
The game runs fine without the update/patch installed. It's only when the patch is applied, that it says the game is corrupted. If I go into Tinfoil and uninstall just the update, the game works fine again.

if the switch says the game is corrupted then the update file must be corrupted. i do not see a reason why it is otherwise. My switch is up to date 16.0.2 my atmosphere is up to date 1.5.2. including sigpatches and yet it did not work so what I did is I looked up for a different source of NSP file and who would have expected that it worked after all.
The NSP patch I got from a private tracker I use regularly. There are several comments that the NSP is working for others.

The nsp version and goldleaf 0.10.1 works fine on 16.0.2 :)
INSTERESTING! I installed the update NSP using Goldleaf, which I had not tried before. THAT WORKED!
I am not sure why that is what ended up resolving the issue, but I don't care. Thank you!

Last edited by NO_sauce,

McBanj0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm I'm having the same problem. Zelda ToTK 1.0 works great, but I've tried installing 4 different versions of the NSP and get Error Code 2002-4153 on first launch, then second launch:

Corrupted data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupted data.

I'm using the latest AIO with sigpatches from coomer party. Tried re-setting up Atmosphere from the AIO pack there too. Firmware 16.0.2 | AMS 1.5.3 | S

Also tried Goldleaf to install the TotK 1.1 update and doesn't appear to improve the data corrupted issue. Any ideas?

Last edited by McBanj0,

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same issue on one of my switch running firmware 15. While the other switch on firmware 16.00 didn't get the update corruption.

I have update to the latest firmware and the update didn't corrupt the game.

Alternatively, from tinfoil you can remove the update and revert the version without having to reinstall the game

McBanj0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeh I keep uninstalling the updates on Tinfoil and it works again. But really trying to figure out why the update is breaking only for this game. I'm using the NSP from the Fitgirl install, so I'm going to try another base XCI game. Will also look at 16.0.3 now that's out.

McBanj0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I fixed it by using a different XCI base game package.

So what does the 1.1 update bring,and why is it out before the cartridge version is released?
It's a Day 0 Patch. It apparently improves Frame Rates drastically with AMD FSR.

Reactions: BigOnYa

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi!
Sorry if it's not allowed....

Asking is against the rules.

Have you considered asking piracy related questions on piracy websites?

Just a general rule of thumb about updates and compatibility. For better chances, get your patches from the same source that provides the base. If it doesn't work, the odds are higher that is something you are doing differently.

Reactions: Hielock

Hielock

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Asking is against the rules.

Have you considered asking piracy related questions on piracy websites?

Just a general rule of thumb about updates and compatibility. For better chances, get your patches from the same source that provides the base. If it doesn't work, the odds are higher that is something you are doing differently.
Didn't find a solution on that way.. I just want to make it work with the update

And sorry about the previous question, thank you so much for the advice and help! I'll keep looking for possible solutions/alternatives and trying :)

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm having the same problem. Zelda ToTK 1.0 works great, but I've tried installing 4 different versions of the NSP and get Error Code 2002-4153 on first launch, then second launch:

I'm using the latest AIO with sigpatches from coomer party. Tried re-setting up Atmosphere from the AIO pack there too. Firmware 16.0.2 | AMS 1.5.3 | S

Also tried Goldleaf to install the TotK 1.1 update and doesn't appear to improve the data corrupted issue. Any ideas?
I know there were a couple versions of TotK floating around. It's possible you got the internal release. I think another release also changed a small bit of data, possibly to avoid detection from Nintendo. I ended up backing up my save and installing a matching release and patch from NSW.
Your firmware and Atmosphere releases are correct. Not sure what else to recommend.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate that I finally get my Erista Switch fully updated and working with firmware files, sig patches, updated hekate, new lockpick to dump the new keys, etc etc, and then 2 seconds later an official update drops, breaking everything. Then the one person hosting the firmware files dicks around for a week before uploading them to his site, making the entire process a major pain in the ass.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I hate that I finally get my Erista Switch fully updated and working with firmware files, sig patches, updated hekate, new lockpick to dump the new keys, etc etc, and then 2 seconds later an official update drops, breaking everything. Then the one person hosting the firmware files dicks around for a week before uploading them to his site, making the entire process a major pain in the ass.
You don't have to update unless you are one of the people risking online play. I know of at least one Discord that releases firmware same day. You aren't looking hard enough if you think it's "one person".

Mango90

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm also having this issue. the game on 1.0 runs fine, but then 1.1 makes it corrupted

edit:
running on 16.0.2, latest ams.
I think I did the sigpatches thing right, since the game runs on 1.0, but I'm not 100% sure.

d2thec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no solution to this problem?

My game corrupts both in 1.0 and in the updated version.

I'm running the latest ams, but still in firmware 16.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1