Hacking Zelda SS: Hack Models & Textures

Soda_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open the 3d models in SZS Modfier I get very disordered models.
Any Idea what the couse of this might be.

Or is this the way it use to be?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
When I open the 3d models in SZS Modfier I get very disordered models.
Any Idea what the couse of this might be.

Or is this the way it use to be?

SZS cant handle some models such as characters. brres viewer works fine though.

Edit; its mainly characters with multiple parts that fucks up, such as Link.

Soda_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Lucif3r

Thanks for checking it out.

I was hoping to have some fun with charackter and enemy models in 3d modelling sofware such as blender.
...; _ ;

Soda_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job, doombringer! Keep posting more awesome mods! :)

Guys, I need help for a project that I'm planning to do.
Not sure if anyone else tried it; I want to take the 3D models in the ISO and create a Java or Flash plugin that allows a user to view the 3D model in real-time on a web page (such as this one) . So far I have managed to extract the models and textures and import them into the Unreal Engine 3:

fwj5z.png

I can't get past this stage. I am unable to export the SkeletonMesh to another format such as OBJ to be read with a plugin.

Can anyone assist, please? :)

I can not help you sorry...
Did you succeeded in exporting the models in a "not disordered" way?

May you have some usefull informations in how to end up with
working 3d models.

May you first post was also the last trace of you in this forum

doombringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crossj.png

"Another" Beta Test from EquipSwordB, anyway there are problems with the texture if the model is stretched/expanded too much (u get bad quality for the texture or repeated over the model)
so is better to make little weapon. (the texture size is minimal)

This sword is much longer and fat from the original, and the two spike you see are the sword blade, the center spike is the "grip" LoL (from the original sword)

isn't so great by for now is cool. :P

MaxTempps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crossj.png

Another" Beta Test from EquipSwordB, anyway there are problems with the texture if the model is stretched/expanded too much (u get bad quality for the texture or repeated over the model)
so is better to make little weapon. (the texture size is minimal)

This sword is much longer and fat from the original, and the two spike you see are the sword blade, the center spike is the "grip" LoL (from the original sword)

isn't so great by for now is cool. :P
"Which program did you use to extract the model and to what format? Which 3D app do you use? And finally, how did you import it again? "
Doombringer, you just showed true nature, a selfish hacker who wont explain things in details, ignores people becuase they ask a simple quistion, and cuntinues to act like a selfish butthurt brat.
I do not look forward to your projects, but I would look forward in an explaination in details or just a tutorial on how "Which program did you use to extract the model and to what format? Which 3D app do you use? And finally, how did you import it again?", this is why the hacking community on Wii barley progresses, 2 out of 15 selfish people are able to explain how they did things, thanks for mindless pictures of what everyone else could do if you just post a tutorial or explain with details.

xaimill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Im on my mobile and I aint finding what I'm looking for so I'll go ahead and ask, in hopes is not rude or anything

I want to make Skyward Sword papercraft out of the models (specially items, equipment, weapons, etc). Is there anyone who extracted the models and texture packs in .OBJ and TARGA respectively, in a downloadable .rar file for example? I promise to post models I complete in pepakura (.pdo) files for all of you to enjoy c:
Thanks in advance

AVGanondorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone PLEASE replace the final boss's (who ever he/she is) model with Ganondorf's Twilight Princess model?? :) That would be soo cool!!

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyyy guys, seem your having trouble with model hacking. Il post a tutorial soon but here some pics of myself changing Link's sword to a butter knife.

2872d1328995648-brawlbox-useful-custom-models-1.jpg

2873d1328995666-brawlbox-useful-custom-models-2.jpg

2874d1328995670-brawlbox-useful-custom-models-3.jpg

2875d1328995674-brawlbox-useful-custom-models-4.jpg

alex.ap.pacman

Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
@Doombringer - so how does one extract the Skyward Sword textures for viewing and editing? I dont want your secrets, I just want to know how to make some cool mods on my own. Would you be willing to share that much with me?

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic seems a bit dead :/. I have made numerous progress in SS hacking. Feel free to look here

Otherwise I have been able to load the demo stage, make my own custom map, and now documenting every single skyward sword file.

I will soon update progress here as well.

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i thought i'd come here and post this:
Code:
//--------------------------------------
//--- 010 Editor v4.0.2 Binary Template
//
// File:
// Author:
// Revision:
// Purpose:
//--------------------------------------

struct Entry
{
    char name[0x20];
    short unk[4];
};

struct Entry2
{
    char name[0x12];
    short unk[5];
};

struct Entry3
{
    char name[0x04];
    short unk[4];
};

struct ZEV
{
    short unk; // Magic?
    short unk2; // ID?
    short unk3;
    short unk4;
    short unk5;
    short unk6;
    short unk7; // This appears to be static
    short unk8;
    short unk9;
    short unk10;
    Entry entries1[unk2];
    Entry entries2[unk3];
    Entry2 entries3[unk4];
    Entry3 entries4[unk5];
    Entry3 entries5[unk6];
    int unkArray[unk8];
    int unkArray2[unk9];
    char unkArray3[unk10];
}file;
I've only figured out the structure of the file (as noted by all the unknown stuff) but it works on all of the zev.dat files i've tried

biggoronxl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using CT2 to extract objectpack, but every time I open it, it gives me an error. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using CT2 to extract objectpack, but every time I open it, it gives me an error. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
I was able to extract that file and the other .LZ files with a program called BatchLZ77. Here is a link to the Google Code page:

https://code.google.com/p/darthnemesis/downloads/detail?name=BatchLZ77 1.4.zip&can=2&q=

What I did was drag and drop the file into the decompress box, then open the decompressed file with CrystalTile. After that, you can extract the .arc files from it with CrystalTile, then open and modify them with the latest version of BrawlBox.

You can download the latest version of BrawlBox here:

https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/downloads/detail?name=Brawlbox v0.68d.zip&can=2&q=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto