Hacking Zelda - Phantom Hourglass trouble

InfernalEternal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased an Acekard 2i. I formatted my sd card, installed Akaio 1.6RC2 and updated the loaders. I've tried two different versions of Phantom Hourglass (E & U). Im able to create a save file, watch the introduction sequence but as soon as it ends Im greeted by a black screen and looping music. All other games that I've tried (Advance Wars, Professor Layton, Mario Kart etc) work. Im using a 1.4 Nintendo DSi. Any ideas?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you UPDATED THE LOADERS, when those in RLS version of AKAIO 1.6 RC2 are the LATEST?

Was those versions of Zelda as clear roms or PATCHED/FIXED or so?

1. overwrite loaders with original (from archive)
2. try another source of those roms

and for formatting use Panasonic Formater

InfernalEternal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the tutorial here on setting up my 2i. I updated the loader as per that thread, although I think the loader found in 1.6RC2 is the same as the one included in the tutorial - I think I merley overwrote the loader with the same file. I used the Panasonic SD Formater.

The U version of Phantom Hourglass was released by iNDEPENDENT, as to whether it was patched or not - I don't know. I'll try and find another rom source. Thanks.

InfernalEternal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Reinstall 1.6 RC2 and don't update the loaders, things changed with 1.6.

EDIT: As in, use the loaders that RC2 comes with.
Same issue still applies.

QUOTE(Another World @ Apr 24 2010, 07:50 PM) this rom works fine for me on 3 acekards.

what is the HWID of your acekard? (start > help)
what type of msd do you have (brand, size, class#)?

-another world
HWID: 81.

Sandisk 4GB Micro-SD HC #2

Could it be a problem with the SD card? If so, wouldn't the issue show up when I formatted the card and wouldn't problems be prevalent in other games? I could easily buy another SD card but Id prefer to make sure it is a memory problem, rather than buying another and the problem still persisting.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
assuming your hwid 81 isn't a clone =P.

i would grab a fresh copy of the rom
reformat the msd using the panasonic formatter
put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.6 rc2 (add back your globalsettings.ini and any skins in the UI folder)

try again.

try the different DMA modes, but the 1.6 rc2 green default works just fine for me.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download and install this application. Once installed, goto your MicroSD card and right click on the Zelda rom and select properties then select HashTab. If the CRC32 value is 3170189F or 5154107A you have a good rom, if not you have a bad rom and need to aquire it from another source.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yours should match the USA version CRC32 8B431C41 shown below. Matches the one off of ADVANsCEne.

zelda_crc32.png

CRC32 3170189F or 5154107A are for Zelda ST.

If your rom's CRC32 matches the one shown so far, it would be the microSDHC.

InfernalEternal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
assuming your hwid 81 isn't a clone =P.

i would grab a fresh copy of the rom
reformat the msd using the panasonic formatter
put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.6 rc2 (add back your globalsettings.ini and any skins in the UI folder)

try again.

try the different DMA modes, but the 1.6 rc2 green default works just fine for me.

-another worldHow do I change DMA modes?

QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Apr 25 2010, 08:57 AM) Yours should match the USA version CRC32 8B431C41 shown below. Matches the one off of ADVANsCEne.

zelda_crc32.png

CRC32 3170189F or 5154107A are for Zelda ST.

If your rom's CRC32 matches the one shown so far, it would be the microSDHC.
The CRC32 value is 8B431C41. I guess its a problem with the memory card?

InfernalEternal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
That leaves you a config issue in AKAIO or the microSDHC is too slow.
QUOTE(Rydian @ Apr 25 2010, 09:28 AM) http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#DMA_Mode
I tried booting in the various DMA modes and Phantom Hourglass still didn't work. Im assuming its a problem with my microsd. I just purchased another online, making sure it was Class 6. I'll keep the thread updated. Thanks guys!

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
InfernalEternal said:
I tried booting in the various DMA modes and Phantom Hourglass still didn't work. Im assuming its a problem with my microsd. I just purchased another online, making sure it was Class 6. I'll keep the thread updated. Thanks guys!

I suggest you wait before wasting your money. Because I also have a 4gb Sandisk class 2 here and on my Acekard 2i plus DSi 1.4 Zelda works perfect. Didn't you just accedently activated some bad cheats? When you go to the rom on the ak, press y, press y again, I have these settings:

CODEsave typeÂÂ 4M
Select save slot Default *
DS Download Play Disabled
Soft-Reset Disabled
Cheat/Action Replay Disabled
AK2 AKAIO

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Why not an MD5 hasher? Less collisions, right?
Why would you use MD5?

If you did you would nothing to compare it to and so it would be useless. The DS Cart, Rom Managers, Advancene, DS-Scene all use CRC-32.

Oujisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this same problem. Im stuck with a bad batch acekard 2.1 so I'm using the SHITTY 4.22 official firmware, which has shit compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: