Gaming zelda MMO (speculation and debate)

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
A MMO game by Nintendo would just be shitty in general.
They wouldn't make an MMO, anyways. If anything, they'd make an MSO.
MSO?

Yeah, if an MMO happens it'll go to shit and no-one will really play it.
E.g
_-Final-Fantasy-XIV-PC-_.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo could pull off a really good MMO, but it would be better suited with a new IP entirely, rather than a pre-existing one.
I'd agree with that, and I feel that they have the potential to do so.

But I really wish they'd just localize Monster Hunter Frontier...
Nintendo can't localize Capcom's games. That's Capcom's decision.
I wasn't talking about Nintendo, "they" was referring to Capcom, though I probably should have indicated that.

D

Deleted_171835

I think Nintendo could pull off a really good MMO, but it would be better suited with a new IP entirely, rather than a pre-existing one.
I'd agree with that, and I feel that they have the potential to do so.

But I really wish they'd just localize Monster Hunter Frontier...
Nintendo can't localize Capcom's games. That's Capcom's decision.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the opinion that if nintendo makes an MMO, it better not be based off of the legend of zelda. TLOZ is just not a good base for a mulltiplayer game.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the opinion that if nintendo makes an MMO, it better not be based off of the legend of zelda. TLOZ is just not a good base for a mulltiplayer game.
I think they could use the world of Hyrule as a basis if they wanted to (sort of being a Zelda "spinoff" rather than a main Zelda game with Link as a main character, etc), but it would involve MASSIVELY overhauling Hyrule the way we see it in other Zelda games... Lots of detail would have to be given to relations between the different races (the closest thing we get to relations between races is the Gorons' anger at the humans in Twilight Princess), as well as important historical events (wars, etc). In the end it could be either a really bad thing, or a really GOOD thing. But personally, I'd rather they not risk it, and make up a new world instead.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of change that would be needed to make TLOZ viable for multiplayer make it bad base and would potentially make a lot of the old fans of the game kind of upset. I like zelda the way it is (or was back in the n64 days and before, yes i'm old, so what)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The amount of change that would be needed to make TLOZ viable for multiplayer make it bad base and would potentially make a lot of the old fans of the game kind of upset. I like zelda the way it is (or was back in the n64 days and before, yes i'm old, so what)
Without "change" Zelda would have never become what it did (or even hit 3 dimensions like in OoT, for that matter). I have no problem with change personally, I'm just not sure they could do it effectively for an MMO environment (which is why I'm not crazy about the idea).

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Without "change" Zelda would have never become what it did (or even hit 3 dimensions like in OoT, for that matter). I have no problem with change personally, I'm just not sure they could do it effectively for an MMO environment (which is why I'm not crazy about the idea).
Zelda evolves with its fans, I have been very happy with all the games released and finished every one of them (except the rare cd-i ones). Zelda as an mmo bottom line, it would have no link, no Zelda, all it would be is Hyrule.

Reactions: 1 person

RichardLaughter

OP
Trophies
XP
since its been mentioned, i actually liked the idea of dungeon raid style over mmo. :) that actually makes more since. also, different races could be added as well, so you (a hylian) could pare up with 2 gorons (tanks) and perhaps kokiri (speed/combo race) and wreck the forest temple/ect and kick some butt! i would also want a form of leveling too, preferable something along the lines of zelda two where you can choose to upgrade seperate stats, but id still make health heart container based, and still have heart containers scattered throught the map. as for weapons id probably do 6 per class, keeping two waepons as quest only items (like the biggeron sword). as for traveling methods, hylians could ride horses, gorons can roll, zoras would have to have their own mount created, and the kokiri would have smaller horses (baby epona for example). but single player wise, this idea could work, by having the choice of your race at the beggining, and just continuing it on like any other zelda game, with an added level premise.....so really the only single player changes would be, no link, different classes, and leveling....oh and id throw in sub dungeons as well. :).......sorry if this seems jumbled. i should have wrote it out and organised my thoughts a bit better, but you'll get the basic idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0