Country
France
Reactions: jt_1258

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I think it may be the best game to date. Certainly takes my top spot for favorite game I've played in my life. I am blown away by it, the few tiny nitpicks I have with the title are pretty easy to get past, and the game would definitely get a 10/10 from me.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, mine was Link to the Past, the Twilight Princess, and in third was Link's Awakening. I would assume most people started with Ocarina or Link to the Past.
First time i played link to the past was borrowed GBA game from a friend. Then ocarina of time 3D on 3DS, which i probably would like a Ocarina of time/Majora mask HD collection maybe both with master quest, and 60 FPS. I didn't play link's awakening until having seen it on Eshop 3ds. I knew it existed in both Old game boy and the DX color version, but i had played oracle of seasons and ages before it and because it was also capcom game, found it more interest including the two link trading secret stuff which maybe the idea was based off the banjo-kazooie/Tooie secret mystery.... Or pokemon. Like link's awakening they also had unique stories but had some various references from other zelda games and only if you played it right, you get the best experience, including having zelda and ganon in the plot (By choice)

I have to point out that I'm not a Fan boy for zelda games, until i had to get with the idea of being smart about how to solve puzzles in video games with clever item usage and situations and a working formula of Using the dungeon items to progress, then i started to enjoy the games. Then the ones i don't like, the nes games, both are cryptic to do much without a guide, probably as bad as castlevania 2 Simon quest.

I already paid my $60 on the breath of the wild game, cause i didn't want to buy the switch without a game. I didn't know any other options for launch games besides bomberman but was too late before i found out. So is just a all or nothing now with this game.:unsure:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What if my favorite was Link's Awakening? It was an incredible feat for its time, and really showed what Game Boy owners could expect from the system. 8 dungeons and a full fledged original story, I don't see what your point is.

I was a little bit worried that what @gamesquest1 said might become a reality. While the game might be good and solid, it might not be exactly what people want when someone asks for a Zelda game.
Well I'm giving it a go, it is actually warming on me quite a bit, I have always preferred a good solid story over pure open world with the odd story arch element, and I'll be honest I know most people really like openworld go do what the hell you want games......so it may be what Nintendo needs (to attract the more mainstream gamers).....just not exactly what I would like from a Zelda game (who know by the end it may be my new favourite format, I'm keeping an open mind)

But that said I wouldn't be opposed to them having another Zelda format, Nintendo are usually good at having a diverse(ish) application for their IP, so as long as we get a more traditional Zelda every now and then too I will be happy, but again, I have only really just started playing and the story does seen to have warmed up a bit since my first post

Last edited by gamesquest1,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since uncharted games are mostly 9/10 10/10 I don't take scores seriously, but I've enjoying the game so far even tho the world feels like a wasteland.

Reactions: osaka35

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes averages are hard. but almost anything else is hard too. thats why we have professionals to tackle those things...

I m doing that right now, I also watch a gameplay of the game (a little bit of the start and non-quest middle-game gameplay to see if that fits my taste. and zelda does look at least 9/10 for me.... but whats the probability that everyone loves the game? and that nobody trolls them? they are building the hype for that game for at least a year now, even b4 the switch was announced. and lots of reviewers get a free copy and a review with miyamoto. doesnt that sound like ninty pays to all those reviewers?

I am a reviewer. I assure you, no money was exchanged.

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most videogame reviews give Zelda a perfect/near-perfect score every time because the token Zelda fanboy of the site bitches and moans until they get to be the reviewer, then touch themselves until they finish the game 10 times and assert their elitism in their review.

Last edited by SuzieJoeBob, , Reason: Every review --> most reviews

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
played zelda for 4 and half hours never once had a problem holding the joycons or had any de-sync issues. after 4 hours and i'm not even out of the 1st quadrant yet!

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, I don't really care about review scores that much. The only thing I really care about in reviews is optimization and glitches.
I mean reviewers can be either very critical, or be complete fanboys. Plus, it's their opinion, no matter how objective they try to be.

And does anyone really think that a Zelda game will be a waste of their money? Even Skyward Sword, while it does a lot of things wrong, still is a good game. Just not a good Zelda game. A lot of time and effort is put into these games so I doubt they'll ever be seen as shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice