Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
How about tweaking the script encoding? Just like Skybladecloud did when his patch had problems about the RAM limitations of the PSP console and the game crash. The encoding hack he did was converted the Hiragana characters to Latin characters, and the Latin characters consumes only 1 byte per character and 2 bytes for the rest of the characters (like symbols or Japanese characters, etc.). So he optimized a little amount of memory.

I can do that, but it will cause more damage, sadly :/

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
I can do that, but it will cause more damage, sadly :/

I see. So what are the alternates to tweak that/

By the way I found a translation site that seems more accurate than Google Translate, but I don't know if it's really helpful or it can give more problems..
Recently, I tried to translate few sentences from the story to this site http://www.freetranslation.com/ but I put it one by one, and it's really different compared to Google Translate. But it seems reconstructing and proofreading sentences is still necessary.

Reactions: omarrrio

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try as many programs as you like. A favorite of visual novel players is Translation Aggregator. Even though visual novel players like it, it will work for your purposes too. Setup guide here. The programs covered in the guide (that do not use the internet) are ATLAS, SYSTRAN and LEC. TA will also grab some internet translations for you. All you need to do is copy each line as Translation Aggregator will watch the clipboard for changes and then send that to various programs to translate. Even though the guide states it is dead, I had no issues with the provided links and also no issues with setting up on Windows 8.

And you won't need to setup ITH since you're not playing visual novels.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try as many programs as you like. A favorite of visual novel players is Translation Aggregator. Even though visual novel players like it, it will work for your purposes too. Setup guide here. The programs covered in the guide (that do not use the internet) are ATLAS, SYSTRAN and LEC. TA will also grab some internet translations for you. All you need to do is copy each line as Translation Aggregator will watch the clipboard for changes and then send that to various programs to translate. Even though the guide states it is dead, I had no issues with the provided links and also no issues with setting up on Windows 8.

And you won't need to setup ITH since you're not playing visual novels.

I already own LEC and SYSTRAN on my computer. They're alright. But they suck at translating Katakana. Thankfully I'm good at translating Katakana myself.
But I'll take a look at your link later.

Tacoghandi

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been watching this thread with much anticipation for quite a while. I am glad to see work being continuously done to translate the game. Thanks to all of you who are working to get this done.

I have an older version of an English patched game on my PSP and I have beaten the story mode with several of the main characters so far. There is an issue with my game though where my map icons disappear for some reason for long periods of time, then randomly reappear again later. Is this a bug and I was wondering if it is an issue with patching. Just wanted to make sure that you know that this happens in mine as I am not sure if it happens in your version.

Thanks

Taco

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been watching this thread with much anticipation for quite a while. I am glad to see work being continuously done to translate the game. Thanks to all of you who are working to get this done.

I have an older version of an English patched game on my PSP and I have beaten the story mode with several of the main characters so far. There is an issue with my game though where my map icons disappear for some reason for long periods of time, then randomly reappear again later. Is this a bug and I was wondering if it is an issue with patching. Just wanted to make sure that you know that this happens in mine as I am not sure if it happens in your version.

Thanks

Taco
Have you played Tag Force 5...? Not sure but I think you're talking about the NPC that tracks characters for a limited period OR something similar. (Not played this one yet.)

mgbenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you can pay Blister in Martha's Place to reveal the locations of all the main characters in the game but it only lasts for a week and you have to pay him again.

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly even if you can't get the patch with the story trans to work, having an actual translation to refer via pc guide from instead probably wouldn't matter much to people who are somehow still interested, like me.

That's what I do with more popular imported games, anyway.

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i literally, to be fully honest with everyone, i am only making this patch for myself in the future, if i ever lose the iso i have, i can play this game with this iso, because Tag Force is the best yu-gi-oh! VG series that konami will ever make, as for the problem, i can always make the game read one bytes.

demeterf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello! Sorry my bad English. Firts i congrats your yugioh transalation! :) I wan transalate yugioh tag force 5 or 6 from English to Hungary! Firts not the complette game, just the Card and the tutorial, menu, battle.. The story not. Can you give me transalator programs, and tutorial how can i make this? :)
I use umd gen4.0, and how can i the card/menu/tutorial etc.. Text Edit, and replace to the iso? I se .cip .ehp etc... file format . How open, witch program ?

xxSoullissxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i literally, to be fully honest with everyone, i am only making this patch for myself in the future, if i ever lose the iso i have, i can play this game with this iso, because Tag Force is the best yu-gi-oh! VG series that konami will ever make, as for the problem, i can always make the game read one bytes.

What do you mean by this?
Are you still going to release the patch to us?
Are you still working on it?

Also, thank you for all that you've done. Really. I've been eagerly anticipating this patch for a while.
I am wondering though, is it not possible to release a working patch as it is right now?
Having a patch with the working alphabetical sorting and everything else that you've done so far while we wait for the rest would be awesome.

If not, I completely understand. I'll keep on waiting and I hope you don't give up on this project since Konami isn't bringing us anything good.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by this?
Are you still going to release the patch to us?
Are you still working on it?

Also, thank you for all that you've done. Really. I've been eagerly anticipating this patch for a while.
I am wondering though, is it not possible to release a working patch as it is right now?
Having a patch with the working alphabetical sorting and everything else that you've done so far while we wait for the rest would be awesome.

If not, I completely understand. I'll keep on waiting and I hope you don't give up on this project since Konami isn't bringing us anything good.

Just be patient, it'll happen. You just have to have a little faith in us.

Reactions: Hargrun

GE Dragoon Z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think he was confused at how Omarrrio put the message, if you read it too quickly without paying attention it almost seemed like he (Omarrrio) was saying that the patch was gonna be for him only... and those helping him build the patch, but he really meant that though the patch started with him in mind, he decided to share it considering he was already going to make it or something like that.

xxSoullissxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he was confused at how Omarrrio put the message, if you read it too quickly without paying attention it almost seemed like he (Omarrrio) was saying that the patch was gonna be for him only... and those helping him build the patch, but he really meant that though the patch started with him in mind only, he decided to share it considering he was already going to make it or something like that.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad you guys are still working on it.

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea I actually read it like that too at first. Had to really think about it cause why would people be helping him translate just for himself? lol

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I actually read it like that too at first. Had to really think about it cause why would people be helping him translate just for himself? lol

So Omarrrio is making his own patch program that will allow you to patch your TF6 ISO. I'm making this announcement so everyone can see it and understand where we are in terms of releasing the
ALPHA PATCH. In order to access the patch and expand the publicity of his website: Xenotranslation.com, the patcher will require you to make an account on his website and then enter in your username and password to activate the patch.
This is beneficial for both you and for the Project since a lot of the immediate news on the TF6 Translation Project can be found on his website: Xenotranslation.com.
Now of course the real question is......when will this patch program get released....
Omarrrio hopes to have it up and running before the end of this week, so until then I'm going to keep translating more and more of the script, that way by the time the patch program
is ready to be used by the general public, you guys will have as many lines of text in English as possible.

Here's what is translated in a nutshell:
1. Prologue, completely done
2. Yusei's 1st and 2nd story, completely done
3. The main characters' are around 70% translated (when you walk up to them and talk to them)
4. 30% of the Non-main characters are 50% translated (when you walk up to them and talk to them)
5. The in-duel "want to activate an effect" text related material has all been translated
6. And of course all the cards have been translated.

I've been regularly posting videos on my youtube account of the progress that we've made so the general public can see a glimpse of the game translated.
Here's my latest video, it's kind of long though.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late release gentlemen, i Updated the first post with the link to the patcher, enjoy.

Alright guys, here's a link to the tutorial video that explains how to access and use the patcher program that Omarrrio created if you're not
sure how to use it.
Comment in the comment section on the youtube page if you have any questions about what the hell's going on.
Here's the link:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1