YSMenu Error code guide

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by gameguy95, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2010

YSMenu Error code guide by gameguy95 at 2:44 AM (3,485 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. gameguy95
    OP

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    well since this topic got absolutely no attention in the generic nds section (ok almost none) i figured i would post here

my sister was having some trouble with her r4 using ysmenu and none of her games were working so i looked at the forums and saw that we didn't have a guide on what the error codes on YSMenu really mean and how to fix them so i figured i would make one.

so far we have 7 error codes(2 unknown):

Error Code -?:
    Means: Cart not connecting right
    How To Fix: Something to do with Soldering

Error Code -?:
    Means: Cart not connecting right
    How To Fix: Something to do with Soldering

Error Code -4:
    Means: The game you're trying to play is either DSi enhanced or has AP
    How To Fix: wait for a fix in that game in the latest unnoficial dstt firmware and rebuild ysmenu using that

Error Code -6:
    Means: ?
    How To Fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card

Error Code -8:
    How To Fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card

Error Code -81:
    Means: Seems to mean a problem with FAT type
    How To Fix: i seemed to be able to fix this by moving my games from my 2gb formatted in FAT onto my 2gb formatted in FAT32 and the other way around

Error Code -82:
    How to fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card and make sure you have at least 4 Megabytes (MB) of free space on your card.

if you see any error codes i don't have in this list or incorrect fixes for error codes, post here and if possible tell me what it means and how to fix it. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Errcode=-4 usually means it's a DSi enhanced game (and lately, AP). Formatting the SD card will not fix the problem.

3. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    did for me but i'll change it anyways

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Downloading the latest infolib.dat with not fix Errcode=-4; infolib.dat only decreases the loading times of games.

5. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    This guide is full of fail.

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  7. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    you have obviously gone blind because if you could see, you woul see that i put at th top of the page "because this guide got no attention in the general nds section" so i'll make it simple for you dipshit "NOBODY SAW IT"

8. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    So downloading the latest extinfo/infolib fixes ALL games with the Error Code -4, does it? Hmmm? Does it?

That will be good news for all those people wishing to play Sonic Racing, Bookworm, Bejewelled Twist etc...

9. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    You posted this twice that day, I remember that September morning. This is your 3rd thread. [​IMG]

Look, if we need your guide we will search. No need to keep posting it.

10. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Nope... I read it.

You must be too stupid to understand WHY it got no attention... so I'll tell you.
    It's a poorly written 'guide' with one (wrong) answer to all problems: "format!"

"BUT I HAVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER TO 81!!" you'll say...
    But no.. you don't. It's worded differently, but it's still the same answer: "format!"

Sure you changed the answer to Errcode=-4, but that only took you two postings and two people telling you that it's wrong.

11. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    ^look, i don't use this piece of fail flashcart anymore and someone in my old thread told me that would fix it, so i assumed it was the correct answer.
    why don't you just shut your F****in trap and leave me alone. if this thread is so bad then you can let it die on it's own and stay out of other people's buisness you retarded Son-Of-A-B****.

there is a reason that at the end i put

12. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Seeing as it's posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179377 this thread is locked. Please don't dupe threads, even if they're not getting attention elsewhere. It usually leads to flaming. (from both sides [​IMG])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.