Hacking YSMenu direct boot on r4i-sdhc

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok some of you have the old r4i-sdhc which doesn't have support anymore. You guys are probably using ysmenu by booting it from your firmware. I'm going to upload ysmenu which directly boots from the card. You won't need to boot it from another firmware
smile.gif

step 1 : download this firmware : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZ1F76TN
step 2 : get pong's extinfo,infolib,and savlib from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024
step 3 : get cheats from here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/
step 4 : insert the cheats and pong's update into the ttmenu folder.
step 5 : back-up your old firmware, take off everything except your games, music,video
step 6 : insert the ttmenu folder, r4.dat, and ttmenu.sys onto the root of your card.

That's about it. If you have problems tell me. I really want someone to test this, because im pretty sure i forgot a step.
So ya try it if you have the r4i-sdhc card from r4i-sdhc.com

I didn't make any of this guys. I'm just making it easier for you guys.

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porobu said:
Yasu doesnt want to upload his things

ya but, but i think he's dropped this, so...ya
he said he will stop making updates if people upload this firmware,,,but he's already stopped.

some1 test pl0x
biggrin.gif

0energy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want someone else to test this because i want to see if i can get on the browser.... i dont want to download the new update for the dsi and find out my card cannot be used anymore.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
0energy0 said:
i dont want to download the new update for the dsi and find out my card cannot be used anymore.

This doesn't determine if it works on the DSi 1.4, if the flash linker you have is not 1.4 compatible it will not work regardless of kernel.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
Ok some of you have the old r4i-sdhc which doesn't have support anymore. You guys are probably using ysmenu by booting it from your firmware. I'm going to upload ysmenu which directly boots from the card. You won't need to boot it from another firmware
smile.gif

step 1 : download this firmware : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZ1F76TN
step 2 : get pong's extinfo,infolib,and savlib from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024
step 3 : get cheats from here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/
step 4 : insert the cheats and pong's update into the ttmenu folder.
step 5 : back-up your old firmware, take off everything except your games, music,video
step 6 : insert the ttmenu folder, r4.dat, and ttmenu.sys onto the root of your card.

That's about it. If you have problems tell me. I really want someone to test this, because im pretty sure i forgot a step.
So ya try it if you have the r4i-sdhc card from r4i-sdhc.com

I didn't make any of this guys. I'm just making it easier for you guys.

interesting someone else trying to help out like i did with the older non supported cards... may give it a shot

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
0energy0 said:
ok i tried this. its in half japanese/english. and the UI is not that great. but i did play mario kart.
Lol, the UI isn't supposed to be great. It is one of the basic of the basic that is meant to work and load roms/homebrew.

-edit-
That reminds me, I'm appalled that you put up a precompiled ysmenu! That is bad (you are using the same argument that Halo-101 made too D=

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0energy0 said:
ok i tried this. its in half japanese/english. and the UI is not that great. but i did play mario kart.

omg i totallly forgot! ok you have to edit the ysmenu ini file. So open up the ttmenu folder
open ysmenu.ini file. You should see something like this

Literals Jpn
; Literals eng
; Literals bla bla bla

just replace jpn with eng on the first line and change eng to jpn on the second line

if you want it to look better, go on fieltrip.net or something and look for ysmenu skins and put them in the ttmenu folder, i was gonna add my own skin, but i kinda rushed this.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ hashcookie - try deleting the original firmware first as stated.
laxman0220 said:

It worked for me on my R4-SDHC (without the "i") from the same makers. I decided to test it even though my particular card is still supported. Only the R4i-SDHC without the 1.4 sticker is unsupported.

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes please use the original firmware for r4-sdhc and r4i-sdhc 1.4 xD

and hash yes u forgot to delete ur old firmware off ur card, remove r4imenu and r4.dat from your card and insert ttmenu and the new r4.dat

hashcookie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt have any r4* files on the card except for your r4.dat now

i have _DS_MENU.DAT
ttmenu.dat
ttmenu.sys

i only have 2 small r4 files in the dir TTMENU

no clue which it actually uses to boot up :/

btw my card is like i said r4 sdhc... its OLD, and came out long before 1.4 existed

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
yes please use the original firmware for r4-sdhc and r4i-sdhc 1.4 xD

and hash yes u forgot to delete ur old firmware off ur card, remove r4imenu and r4.dat from your card and insert ttmenu and the new r4.dat
I am. I was just testing it out.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
BTW why is YSMenu included with this? Should we not respect the wishes of Yasu, I mean what if he decides to donate something else to the community only to find people are just ignoring his request for a old project because a new kernel makes his old one obsolete.

hashcookie said:
i followed all steps, doesnt work on r4 sdhc just get a screen with "loading..."

I have some advice, don't buy a clone.

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
flamingo24 said:
BTW why is YSMenu included with this? Should we not respect the wishes of Yasu, I mean what if he decides to donate something else to the community only to find people are just ignoring his request for a old project because a new kernel makes his old one obsolete.

hashcookie said:
i followed all steps, doesnt work on r4 sdhc just get a screen with "loading..."

I have some advice, don't buy a clone.

they're not ignoring his request cuz a new firmware makes his old one obsolete. I don't think I have to respect his wishes because he's stopped working on it. It hasn't been updated for over a year. He never even said "this is the final version of ysmenu"

ok let's say you do a guy's homework, and you "wish" for the guy to pay you. Well if you stop doing this homework, does that guy still have to respect your wishes and pay you
ohmy.gif

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
they're not ignoring his request cuz a new firmware makes his old one obsolete. I don't think I have to respect his wishes because he's stopped working on it. It hasn't been updated for over a year. He never even said "this is the final version of ysmenu"

Do you really think Yasu will ever desire to contribute something else (other than YSMenu) to the community if people like you just pass around the earlier software ignoring his request.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum