Gaming Ys 6 - Ark of Napishtim gets translated

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://ys6.figlidigaucci.eu

Ys 6 was translated into English by Konami for the PS2 and PSP, but the PC version wasn't released in the US. NightWolve had previously released PC translations of Ys 1 & 2 and Ys: Oath in Felghana, but osmeone else released their Ys 6 translation before he could.

Playing this, I can safely say that rather than actually translating this from scratch, they pretty much ripped the PS2 translation script and made only minor changes here and there. It's probably why they had the final patch released as fast as they did. I've played the PS2 version through twice, and I'm sure there are Youtube vids aplenty to compare to.

Of course, the PC version is the middle-ground version of this game. The PSP port is a straight translated PC version with the blood FX removed and only a fe wminor extras glued on. The PS2 version remains superior. Konami had the entire PS2 version fully voice acted, added several exta dungeons, and ALL, I mean ALL of the sprite-based characters were replaced with 3D character models. This allowed for better animation and Adol's equipment actually changed on-screen(Oath in Felghana attempted this with the sprite-based graphics, but it didn't always work right). They also added several FMV sequences to the game. The game was in a bit lower resolution and some load times, but I'd say the PS2 version beats the PC original in nearly every way.

Now... you have to register for that site just to download the patch. That's very, very lame of them. As for actually using the patch... there are a few versions of the game. Read here

http://seldane.proboards107.com/index.cgi?...636&page=37

Honestly, if you have the means, I'd suggest getting the PS2 version.

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much, yeah... only there are 3 patches for 3 versions of the game, and best I could find was a single Rapidshare upload for a version I couldn't use, sticking me forced to sign up.

I think they're requiring registration solely to boost their membership count. Then again, I tend to dislike much any website that requires registration to download(much as every DS ROM site wants you to do).

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tried this, it's a pretty good translation, a few typos that need correction though.
I'm stuck sorta, since enemies are completely merciless.
wacko.gif

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golio514 said:
I tried this, it's a pretty good translation, a few typos that need correction though.
I'm stuck sorta, since enemies are completely merciless.
wacko.gif

You pretty much have to level up in this game. It's a game where 1 level can be the difference between being killed and feeling a light breeze from enemy attacks.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol like hell, the PS2 version was far from superior. As someone who's played pretty much all Ys games (Including the PS2 port) i gotto say the 3D models were a terrible thing. Also, if you had a decent tv you would've seen how terrible it all looked, nothing compared to the pc version.

Glad it's finally translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y