Your Zelda BotW Disappointments?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by gameboy, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Aside from some things already mentioned in this thread, I have a rather petty complaint.

The Xenoblade Chronicles sidequest ticked me off. Instead of being offered as an optional, free DLC quest, it was slipped into a game update. In other words, the main game now contains a blatant advertisement. (The DLC is separate and optional, so the Nintendo Switch shirt, etc. aren't bothering me nearly as much.)

2. Piebe

Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah freaking boring! BotW is the best looking Zelda, but the game play sucks! I hate it probably just as much as Skywards Sword. And i absolutely don't understand all the positive reviews, Nintendo probably payed them off.

MeowMeowMeow likes this.
  3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    How dare you hate Skyward Sword

4. Piebe

Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    I don't know where to begin! But mostly the backtracking was just so tiring. It felt like homework; no, it was so bad it made me like homework! But the dungeons were okay tho! And it made me miss Navy.

5. Piebe

Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    O yeah, also the motion controls that were forced upon you and almost made it impossible to get into the dungeon was very frustrating about Skywards Sword and the absence of the for Zelda-so-typical-day-and-night-cycle was a huge deal-breaker to me.

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You were trying to twirl the remote the wrong way :P

Piebe likes this.
  7. MiguelinCrafter

MiguelinCrafter Halt!

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Ready? GO!
    The game is very easy, even in master mode

8. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    that's why you fight ganon before you do the champions. You choose the difficulty on the ganon fight. So much more rewarding when you fight ganon with low hearts and no champions

9. Xathya

Xathya residence aparents trols of temps

Banned
    Aug 20, 2017
    Australia
    green hil zone
    my disapoint in the brething of wild was the lak of midnos and feys like the older good and nice zeldos. was the nicest and made me fel like having: frends. also, i love teh stick of sungs in the wind woker. unfortunat here is just whistle song of horse. sads :cry::whip:F

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    7/10 too much rain

isoboy likes this.
  11. ChrisMCNBVA

ChrisMCNBVA GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    natural bridge, virginia
    My biggest complaint...BREAKABLE WEAPONS...I would have played more and maybe through the dlc if no breakable weapons, I don't know. Skyward sword and BOTW both disappointed me. Not hating on them by any stretch of the imagination, but...

12. Piebe

Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    I didn't like the climbing neither, it felt like a rip-off of Assassins Creed, where the latter was created as a rip-off from Zelda in the first place. So, adjusting Zelda to a western public is moving away from what made it great. Zelda lost its originality and has died because of it. And don't even get me started on those obnoxious amiibo's! For f**k's sake how can you force that sh*t upon us like that Ninty?

Was signed a long-time-Zelda-fanboy-who-now-cries-himself-to-sleep.

13. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    idk man, the climbing in assassins greed is almost a meaningless mechnic and also broken. you alo cant glide

TotalInsanity4 and Piebe like this.
  14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I can't speak to the later games but the earlier ones I played saw climbing be a pretty essential part of the game, and useful ability within it should you wish to use it.

15. gameboy
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    it was just weird to me that nobody ever looked up at the guy running up houses and flipping across buildings leaping 50ft then murdering people. i played unity and syndicate they werent fun imo. origins looks fun but i hate desert settings even though they did add a bit of water

16. Bl4ckeagle

Bl4ckeagle Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Australia
    Sound:
    Yea it's an open world so it's probably harder to make same good sound for the whole game, but it's all recycled, something like song of storms or gerudo valley doesn't exist.
    Dungeons: It's more like OOT child dungeons and pretty weak.
    Boss: Nope there weren't any, or maybe one if you count all 5.
    Shrines: not really hard, most of them felt the same like there are 5 different kinds which repeads them self.
    Sorry but I think it's more or less a hardware demo for the switch, there are still so many questions.

The story is weak per se, so many good ideas but none of em is really finished.
    5/7

17. MiguelinCrafter

MiguelinCrafter Halt!

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Ready? GO!
    Not enough trees...

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    For the ones I played there were plenty of general NPCs which commented on it, and guards that would do stuff about it, be it on the ground or when you were up there.

Also nobody ever looks up and see also "bystander effect".

Re "i hate desert settings even though they did add a bit of water"
    Curious, I have never found settings something to be dismissed. They can do it badly and it can be inappropriate (pretty hard to do a subtle romance scene during desert survival)

19. gameboy
    OP

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    i dont like how food/elixir effects dont stack. for instance you can stack 5 attack fish for +3atk but combining attack+defense food only gets a heart refill instead of +1 atk & def

20. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Banned
    Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Breath of the wild.