You can now link your Steam and PSN accounts

hfjdadas.png

Sony continues to push forward in the PC market, with a new feature that allows players to link their Steam and PlayStation Network accounts together. Right now, there isn't much that you can get out of linking the two, beyond getting a few bonuses in the PC port of Spider-Man Remastered, which include a suit, the concussive blast power, and 2 skill points. PlayStation promises that there's more to come, with future unlocks in other PlayStation Studios PC ports.

:arrow: Source

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if this means anything for PSVR2 PC compatibility at some point down the road? I don't expect it to be there at launch as they probably wouldn't want PCVR users eating into their launch inventory but maybe at a later date?

Also maybe we'll see HL Alyx on PS5? 🤔

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Crossbuy will never happen. Sony is one of the greediest scum-company to ever exist (along there with Nintendo and EA). They won't see a single dime from me. I'll only play their games if there's a free version available (IYKWIM).

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ideally, there should be a way to cross-buy games on consoles and PC. For movies and TV, there's that DRM locker Movies Anywhere (and there was also UltraViolet - R.I.P.) which can be linked to purchases made on Google, Microsoft, DirecTV, VUDU, Apple, and various other media storefronts. Therefore, no matter what movies or TV shows you buy, they will appear on other services as well. I would assume this also includes media not available on every service, although I wouldn't take that as gospel truth.

Linking accounts together is fine, but IMHO it seems a little messy without some sort of central account linking hub. Also, I don't know if console exclusives would be featured on other consoles, i.e. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on PlayStation 5. While that sounds awesome, it's highly unlikely; my assumption would be it would be reserved more for triple A third party publishers and indies that have the same games on multiple platforms - Ubisoft, Bethesda, Activision Blizzard, Cyan, Atooi, No More Robots, Image & Form... just to name a few I know of.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS5 scarcity has been a blessing in disguise. Now i don't care about PS5 anymore. The scalpers can have them
Indeed.

Sony making their games console exclusives for a year, and then on PC gives having a PS5 less of a reason.

Still, we'll probably not see the MotorStorm series or DriveClub on PC (legally) so gotta play the console version or emulator (if it's stable).

Reactions: eriol33

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony did announce that live service titles are going to target PS5 and PC simultaneous launch. Those will likely support cross-progression and maybe even F2P so the cross-buy isn't an issue.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this means that you can get the opposite version for free. It would be so cool to get HZD or God Of War for free on PC if I owned it on a PlayStation console!
Yeah not really sure why steam would go for that crossbuy feature. Mainly since not all console gamers play on PC and viceversa, Crossbuy on Sony consoles was to motivate sales for the vita and ps4.

Last edited by Robika,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone