You can now link your Steam and PSN accounts

hfjdadas.png

Sony continues to push forward in the PC market, with a new feature that allows players to link their Steam and PlayStation Network accounts together. Right now, there isn't much that you can get out of linking the two, beyond getting a few bonuses in the PC port of Spider-Man Remastered, which include a suit, the concussive blast power, and 2 skill points. PlayStation promises that there's more to come, with future unlocks in other PlayStation Studios PC ports.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of when I linked Portal 2 PS3 to my Steam account.

I primarily bought the PS3 version because it also got me the PC version....and I couldn't redeem it because of the PSN hack.
speaking of the psn hack, do you remember the 2006 e3, where they unveiled the ps3's price? I remember someone saying about the psn hack: "attack its weak point for massive damage." I burst out laughing.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So is the only point of this to "unlock in-game perks", or is there anything more practical to this? Like getting a free/discounted version of the same game on the other platform? That'd be sweet, and will definitely swoon people to do this.

Reactions: Y0shII and CoolMe

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...but why. what's in it for sony? they hate cross-play. unless this lets them recommend games on steam based on your playstation purchases so you're more likely to buy them on pc and playstation? i dunno, spitballing

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...but why. what's in it for sony? they hate cross-play. unless this lets them recommend games on steam based on your playstation purchases so you're more likely to buy them on pc and playstation? i dunno, spitballing
Cross buy? I wish.

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of when I linked Portal 2 PS3 to my Steam account.

I primarily bought the PS3 version because it also got me the PC version....and I couldn't redeem it because of the PSN hack.

That’s how I ended up creating my main steam account, my offical login is actually psn_blank

• Haha
Reactions: Marc_LFD

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the only point of this to "unlock in-game perks", or is there anything more practical to this? Like getting a free/discounted version of the same game on the other platform? That'd be sweet, and will definitely swoon people to do this.
I have a feeling that this will only be a thing SteamDeck users will enjoy if Valve can make it seemless playing your PSN+ library on deck would be pretty cool if theirs an on the go feature that works well via public wifi.

Reactions: Jayro and Marc_LFD

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Now, if they released a special suit that PSN users could get by linking their accounts, they'd be swimming in user data.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this means that you can get the opposite version for free. It would be so cool to get HZD or God Of War for free on PC if I owned it on a PlayStation console!
LMAO, yeah cause the company that just increased prices across the board and thought selling a remaster of a remaster for $70 was OK is going to be this consumer friendly. If anything this is just an information gathering exercise for them to try and gauge how many PS players also have PCs.

Sony under Jim Ryyan are heading to the same place as Microsoft under Don Mattrick.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO, yeah cause the company that just increased prices across the board and thought selling a remaster of a remaster for $70 was OK is going to be this consumer friendly. If anything this is just an information gathering exercise for them to try and gauge how many PS players also have PCs.

Sony under Jim Ryyan are heading to the same place as Microsoft under Don Mattrick.
Can't wait when games will cost $80. 😐

A hobby that costs nearly $100 for one game and online play isn't even free.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)