Gaming Yoshi's Wolly World - A Chilling Experience of a Game

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in World 3 and the tune that plays is so beautiful and yet, saddening. This is the type of song you'd listen to if someone you knew passed away.

It actually reminded me of Eric Clapton's 'Tears in Heaven'. Dammit Nintendo, I didn't sign up for this! :'(
I have just finished World 1 as pathetic as it sounds and it took me ages to realise you had to untie the string around his shorts so they would go down and eventually kill him, I thought you just had to keep shooting him with the balls but then I could not work out for the luv of it why he would not die, it took me ages to work this out but so easy silly really. Another thing is, its very hard to find all the flowers and Yoshi cotton bits in every course, the first three courses where quite easy I got all Yoshi's but after that I am now finding it really hard to complete each course properly, it is hard to find them all, its not as easy as it seems! The game is wicked though, I am so enjoying it, really great fun and worth every penny and the graphics looks so amazing a real refreshing touch! :)

Last edited by Reecey,

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Decided to play the stages without 100% them and now I'm on the last world, World 5 which admittedly I have to say that I've encountered some really bad framerate though for the most part the game runs smoothly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Been playing it a lot lately and I'm loving it, but holy hell those special levels. 4-S has got to be the hardest level in the game, they can't possibly top that. I gave up because there was just no point in trying to beat it today, it has to be done on an afternoon when I'm fully rested and I've had a couple cups of coffee, and I have a few hours of spare time without interruptions. Only then might I be able to beat it.
I've got every wonder wool and flower in worlds 1-4 (except 4-S because I didn't beat it yet), although I haven't gotten all the stamps and max health on every level, not sure there's any point in doing so either, if all I get are stamps for Miiverse. Had a lot of help from the "show hidden items" powerup, but I could have found them without it, it would just have taken longer because I'd have to search every nook and cranny blindly.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Been playing it a lot lately and I'm loving it, but holy hell those special levels. 4-S has got to be the hardest level in the game, they can't possibly top that. I gave up because there was just no point in trying to beat it today, it has to be done on an afternoon when I'm fully rested and I've had a couple cups of coffee, and I have a few hours of spare time without interruptions. Only then might I be able to beat it.
I've got every wonder wool and flower in worlds 1-4 (except 4-S because I didn't beat it yet), although I haven't gotten all the stamps and max health on every level, not sure there's any point in doing so either, if all I get are stamps for Miiverse. Had a lot of help from the "show hidden items" powerup, but I could have found them without it, it would just have taken longer because I'd have to search every nook and cranny blindly.

In my opinion this powerup is somewhat pointless because what it does it just show the hidden boxes and anything else will remain unseen. This powerup had a lot of potential to be useful but Nintendo screwed it up.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In my opinion this powerup is somewhat pointless because what it does it just show the hidden boxes and anything else will remain unseen. This powerup had a lot of potential to be useful but Nintendo screwed it up.
It's not terribly useful, but it does show where there are fake walls (they glow), which makes things easier. It doesn't show pushable walls though, but those are relatively easy to spot once you get used to the game, as they always look crumpled.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's not terribly useful, but it does show where there are fake walls (they glow), which makes things easier. It doesn't show pushable walls though, but those are relatively easy to spot once you get used to the game, as they always look crumpled.
Considering that I jump a lot and check every spot in each stage it's not very useful to me but I can see that it could for others who don't do it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Considering that I jump a lot and check every spot in each stage it's not very useful to me but I can see that it could for others who don't do it.
I did that too, but got used to not doing it when I got the power up. Saves a lot of time, and I'm bound to miss some hard to reach spots anyway even if I jump all over the place.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've finished the main game yesterday and I have to say I loved it! So since that's done I'll be replaying the stages that I've yet to 100%, and did you know
a new mode unlocks too? It's the Boss Tent and by defeating each boss you collect more Yoshis too.

I'd give it a 7/10!

Lastly, this is what appears once you finish the game:
ru4Gw6x.jpg

Last edited by WiiCube_2013,

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's because you talk shite and don't even own a Wii U.
The game is easy at heart but finding the collectibles are sometimes really tiresome because let's say you've got one last Stamp/Flower/Yarn and you can't find it anywhere, what's gonna happen? Try to find it with the Power Badge See hidden items!.

In case that fails, all's left is to look up on YouTube where the hell that thing is (I couldn't find the Blue Shy Guy for the final stage and so I used YouTube since I was tired of going through the stage back and forth).

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Couldn't help think about LittleBigPlanet yesterday when I got back to playing it again:

MlWA77wrHtM4pI4E9x

It's no biggie that Nintendo's borrowing ideas from Sony's LBP. Everyone borrows from everyone.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, I'm pretty much finished with the game. There's just a bunch of enemy statues missing but aside that, the game's all complete.

MlWA77xyqHUN_NRhKj

So with Yoshi's Woolly World done I guess I'll give Monster Hunter 3 a chance because going back to MK8 just feels monotonous and same goes for Splatoon. Yoshi's Woolly World is definitely a great platformer on the Wii U and can last up to 50hrs (I clocked this much) with all the hidden collectibles and such.

The
Star-S (the S might stand for Special or Super probably the former) stage
is really cool
it's basically a best of each stage throughout each world

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Before I sold my Zero Suit Samus I registered it on YWW and also the Squid amiibo costume looks like this:

MlWA771XnW4SVrcijG

MlWA772bzo0ipSwJ36

Really hope that amiiqo gets released so the amiiqo cloning will begin. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: