Hacking XKOS clone of SXOS?

PyroGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stumbled upon this apparent clone of SXOS.
Website is https://www.xkns.net

Content resembles SX and even references SXLoader when describing their "xkloader" which appears to be a rebranded RCMLoader. The diagram for the dongle specifies that the + is not a button though....

There is an activation page and language that suggest it supports xci, dual boot with emunand

I have not purchased this nor do I intend to or recommend anyone do so. (unless I can be convinced otherwise)

Anyone come across this or know anything more about it?

*EDIT*
Results: An overpriced dongle with an old buggy cracked version of SXOS. Don't invest.

Last edited by PyroGoat,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Stumbled upon this apparent clone of SXOS.
Website is https://www.xkns.net

Content resembles SX and even references SXLoader when describing their "xkloader" which appears to be a rebranded RCMLoader. The diagram for the dongle specifies that the + is not a button though....

There is an activation page and language that suggest it supports xci, dual boot with emunand

I have not purchased this nor do I intend to or recommend anyone do so. (unless I can be convinced otherwise)

Anyone come across this or know anything more about it?
better to buy SX in my opinion, there are appearing lot of clones of SX like ACES 3ds, it happen with R4 and the support weren´t so good for the copies

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

PyroGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better to buy SX in my opinion, there are appearing lot of clones of SX like ACES 3ds, it happen with R4 and the support weren´t so good for the copies
I've got what I need and have used multiple different dongles and do prefer the slim profile of the sx pro/gear. I just came across it and was curious about if anyone had additional information on the actual CFW.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got what I need and have used multiple different dongles and do prefer the slim profile of the sx pro/gear. I just came across it and was curious about if anyone had additional information on the actual CFW.
its a clone just that, more info can be found on this post by @garyopa a few days ago :

"Earlier today, I took a in-depth look at the ACEOS v1.0 which was released on their website to go along with their new AceNS Pro dongle.

And its a poor hacked up malfunctioning copy of much earlier SX OS BETA, with various older bugs in it along with newer ones, it will not correctly support any future update, nor does it support running things like SX Installer and other newer apps, and in my tests, it quickly corrupted my MicroSD card even when it was formatted as FAT32.

I would not recommend this option even on my worse friend, if you're not going to spend the little extra money that it costs to get a real authorized/licenesed and working stable SX OS release with future FREE updates, I rather see Switch users opting-out of this pile of junk and just use ReiNX or another free CFW, then this poorly hacked up job that Ace team clearly quickly put together, with the end result being a broken job at trying to clone an outdated SX OS for their users, without even supplying any proper support or testing it first in making sure it at least works before releasing it into the wild.

Stay clear away from this latest poorly planned marketing trick by Ace3ds to get a bit more sales for their overpriced dongles. :)"

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t have their XKOS, I’ve got SX OS which I purchased minus a dongle back when it was first released - I like to play around with different options.

But a couple of weeks ago I did buy a dongle exactly like the one on that website. Handy little thing, let’s you switch between different payloads easily, works very well and it’s neater than the one I made myself with a Trinket. Though I do use a modded joycon instead of their RCM clip, much easier on the rails.

Last edited by Stwert,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I am just going to link to my post regarding the first clone, here from the AceNS Pro (Ace OS) thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/acens-pro-for-ninteno-switch.529274/page-2#post-8479209

These are all based on the same cracked SX OS v2.4 beta, and been rebranded with new icons and artwork, and breaking a few features also, plus of course all the bugs of v2.4 including no working ext. payload feature

And these clones/rebranding ones, can't update or use apps like 'sx installer', and also can't run on other dongles or load via PC, they are instead of being tied to the switch, are locked to the 'dongle' they sell.

Last edited by garyopa,
Reactions: PyroGoat

PyroGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a clone just that, more info can be found on this post by @garyopa a few days ago :

"Earlier today, I took a in-depth look at the ACEOS v1.0 which was released on their website to go along with their new AceNS Pro dongle.

And its a poor hacked up malfunctioning copy of much earlier SX OS BETA, with various older bugs in it along with newer ones, it will not correctly support any future update, nor does it support running things like SX Installer and other newer apps, and in my tests, it quickly corrupted my MicroSD card even when it was formatted as FAT32.

I would not recommend this option even on my worse friend, if you're not going to spend the little extra money that it costs to get a real authorized/licenesed and working stable SX OS release with future FREE updates, I rather see Switch users opting-out of this pile of junk and just use ReiNX or another free CFW, then this poorly hacked up job that Ace team clearly quickly put together, with the end result being a broken job at trying to clone an outdated SX OS for their users, without even supplying any proper support or testing it first in making sure it at least works before releasing it into the wild.

Stay clear away from this latest poorly planned marketing trick by Ace3ds to get a bit more sales for their overpriced dongles. :)"
Thanks I read that thread the other day as well and assumed that people were trying to redistribute a cracked v1 version of SXOS. This mentioned emunand (which is with later sxos) so was hopeful sxos activation had been fully bypassed which would explain how they could offer it for "free" with these dongles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am just going to link to my post regarding the first clone, here from the AceNS Pro (Ace OS) thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/acens-pro-for-ninteno-switch.529274/page-2#post-8479209

These are all based on the same cracked SX OS v2.4 beta, and been rebranded with new icons and artwork, and breaking a few features also, plus of course all the bugs of v2.4 including no working ext. payload feature

And these clones/rebranding ones, can't update or use apps like 'sx installer', and also can't run on other dongles or load via PC, they are instead of being tied to the switch, are locked to the 'dongle' they sell.
Gross..... Thanks for the info, I skimmed through it previously. Search for xkos found nothing.

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So sx os 2.4 is cracked...

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed but don't tell me you wouldn't be interested if sxos was open source and just bypass/trick activation and rebrand it.....

Uh.. I actually wouldn't be interested at all. If sx was open source or paid why would I bother with anything other than sx? TX provides ongoing support with updates and added features, this garbage doesn't.

Reactions: gizmomelb

PyroGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh.. I actually wouldn't be interested at all. If sx was open source or paid why would I bother with anything other than sx? TX provides ongoing support with updates and added features, this garbage doesn't.
I don't think you understood me. It's OK.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Their cracked it and maybe added their brick code :D
Probably

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o