Xenoblade (US) issue while using WODE...(minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MarcusRaven, Apr 12, 2012.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I'm not very far into the game. I'm using the US version, through a WODE with firmware 2.9A, loading with WODEFlow.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

On my return to town, doesn't seem to matter which way I go, the game stops communicating with the remote and I start walking straight uncontrollably because that's then the communication stopped. Then, the music just stops and I'm still running into a wall. The remote doesn't turn the Wii off, or respond at all. I have to kill the Wii with the power button being held.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

2. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    Did u try it with USB loaders?

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Not yet, but I really don't like using them over the WODE. That's why I bought the thing in the first place. One thing I haven't tried is playing straight from the disc channel. I know sometimes WODEFlow causes issues similar to those that can happen with USB Loaders (Sam and Max episodes, for example), but when played through the disc channel they work fine. I'll try that and follow up. I'll try a USB loader as a last resort.

EDIT: Nope, same issue. Guess I'll try USB loading.

4. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    Ok,
    you might try the other options and make a save past the problem point then try wode again with the new save.
    I think this game has an Anti-Piracy feature which is causing different types of problems.
    Good luck

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Works fine the ENTIRE time I'm playing through USB. Man, what a strange title. Could be the dual-layer list feature of WODE. I probably just need to wait for an update to the firmware that adds the game to the internal list. We'll wait and see, but at least I can play it.