Hacking Xenoblade Chronicles - Replacement Hacks (maps,stuff)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I finally got this game imported a few weeks back and I'm really liking it. I'm only at level 27 right now (only a few hours here and there to play with my busy life), but I'd love to know how you got some of this available. Could you please share some details?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could it be possible to swap maps with ocarina/wiird only?
It would be quicker to just load a cheat instead of editing the iso to access that Left shoulder map.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
What a gorgeous map. It is too bad that they left this out of the official game, but somehow kept it's 'beta' included with the game to waste space. This map could have added so much more potential to the game. The game is great as is, but after seeing this video I now realize the they screwed the end user out of more gameplay that they had already put a few hundred hours worth of work into.

Seriously, why would they just drop it after all the work they put into it.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a gorgeous map. It is too bad that they left this out of the official game, but somehow kept it's 'beta' included with the game to waste space. This map could have added so much more potential to the game. The game is great as is, but after seeing this video I now realize the they screwed the end user out of more gameplay that they had already put a few hundred hours worth of work into.
Seriously, why would they just drop it after all the work they put into it.
is there a code to access to that area?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not at all, I did it and the areas are not connected.
I used moonjump from the leg, and went above the head (it took 30min ?)

it's only a big mesh without details.
And the "behind" faces of the mesh are not rendered.

I also tried to go to Col9 from Col6, but it was soooo long to reach the bottom leg (you can't run while jump, you can only change direction a little like when you are falling).
It's only a big form with a bad texture.
Anything not accessible from foot are not detailed, and you can't "land" on these parts, you just pass through it.

The arm:
gallery_746_245_143525.png
The head:
gallery_746_245_31821.png
The back:
gallery_746_245_223522.png
The leg:
gallery_746_245_463058.png
Sorry, the one at night are not very visible, it's was too long to wait for daylight :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not only about modeling/texturing (which is more than 10 hours anyway), but also defining all the collision map, the environmental sounds, placing all elements on the field one by one (flowers, etc.), testing, de-doing bad parts so the player doesn't get stuck, and certainly things I don't even think.

Too bad they didn't add monsters :(

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
They have templates. They dont model it from scratch. Its basicly just a matter of placing the objects. Its a fast and easy method. Trust me :P
I could probably do a rough copy of it from scratch in around 30-40h. Except I suck at making textures :

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
He did in the LOZ:SS texture hacking thread.

But yeah, with this thread he was reminding me a lot of some of the people in the PS3 scene.
Statistical anomaly. Doom just prefers to brag about what he can do, but not share it or help anybody get started. It's douchy, but that's how he is.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
well thats a load of bs. all i want is to play as Alvis. i seen that he did share his zelda hacks but not this game. like wtf, these the mods everone wants.
He shared after other people started sharing. And even then he still didn't share everything, just the stuff others could duplicate.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
well thats a load of bs. all i want is to play as Alvis. i seen that he did share his zelda hacks but not this game. like wtf, these the mods everone wants.
He shared after other people started sharing. And even then he still didn't share everything, just the stuff others could duplicate.

Yeah, the stuff we all knew about already. But he refuses to say anything on how he got the models in game etc.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bump this like that, but this should help.
Most of the things he showed are mere cheats.
This will show you how to do most things and some more:
That stuff looks badass, but seems to involve actually hacking the game, so it's more versatile. I tried out codes for adding Fiora 1, Dickson, Mumkhar and Alvis, but the results were pretty poor. Fiora wouldn't work at all, the game rebooted any time I tried to do anything at all involving her.

The remaining three were better: while they can't be placed in the lead slot (i.e. no playing as them) I was able to explore the overworld and get into fights with them in the party. Dickson and Mumkhar worked pretty OK, I could chain with them and they contributed to fights. Alvis, on the other hand, just stood there; he took damage at the appropriate times, but never once engaged any enemies. Trying to put armour on any of them was pretty disastrous, and just made them disappear since the game wasn't able to find any appropriate models. Overall, a lot less fun than I had hoped.
OK, I've been messing with this some more; I managed to cheat in full equipment sets for Dickson and Alvis (i.e. all of their unique weapons and armors), although Mumkhar is something of a mystery: no idea what his stuff is called, so I'm not sure what items to add. I'm fairly early in the game at this point: my party is only Shulk, Reyn, Sharla and Dunban, but these four are all potential party members during Dickson portions of the game, so he seems to have a pretty complete set of battle dialogues for this group. He also has generic encouragement lines, thank yous, etc.

Alvis's lines are all geared for battling alongside Shulk, so heals and such will result in him saying "Thank you, Shulk" regardless of whether Shulk is even in the party. Other than that he has a few incidental battle lines that probably go unheard for many since he's only around for such a brief time. He's still quite glitchy though: sometimes he'll fight, others not, sometimes he freezes up and the game can't exit battle mode, etc. I did manage to get Dickson into the lead slot, so perhaps human control would work better for Alvis.

Some other minorly cool stuff: four or five non-Monado swords for Shulk (all use the same model though); a version of the Monado exclusively for Dunban (it sucks; Dunban-with-Monado has no Arts of his own, only Enchant and Buster); the Meyneth Monado, a weapon for Fiora; Dunban's bandages outfit from early game ... that's about it. I'll try to figure out what Mumkhar's deal is and see if I can grab a few screenshots if anyone's interested. Everything feels a lot more normal once the guys have their equipment, so I'm having more fun than the last time I tried this.

I never did figure out Mumkhar's equipment, but I do have a couple of ideas how I can find what he's wearing. Meantime, "naked" he looks just the same as he does clothed (same as Alvis), so he looks fine in screenshots anyway.

Dickson, Alvis and Mumkhar:
http://i56.tinypic.com/b9dums.png

Dickson's two outfits:
http://i51.tinypic.com/v5e5hv.png
http://i55.tinypic.com/jzwrqo.png

Doing a chain attack:
http://i54.tinypic.com/34g5z15.png

All three wield uniques: Dickson has the Sabre, with 100% Unbeatable and 100% Topple Resist; Mumkhar has the Steel Claws, with 100% Unbeatable, and Alvis has the Claymore, same gem as Mumkhar. As for armour, Dickson wears the Lagoon set--the helm decides his appearance, when it's on he has the blue jacket, etc. otherwise he's the buff looking thing in the second shot. Alvis wears the Seacle set, but can also wear the standard Crest armour (the defense is worse, but ether defense is actually higher), in which he looks exactly the same. Who the f*** knows what Mumkhar wears.

With cheats you can force them to wear any of the "naked" gear. All those Oils and stuff like that. Since they just put characters in their "naked" state, it works out fine. Not sure which of these offers the best defense and such, but you might be able to squeeze a bit more usefulness out of them this way. [EDIT: The Sleek set offers the highest defense, and three of its pieces are slotted, so you can throw in an Agility Up, an HP Up, and whatever else. However, none of the head pieces work; you'll have to stick with their original/official equipment.]

Dickson is locked at level 30, Mumkhar is 22, and Alvis is 28. Even with no armour, Mumkhar has the highest defense and ether defense, but the lowest agility. Alvis almost has uniformly higher stats than Dickson, with only defense losing out. Alvis has the strongest arts, Dickson has a heal, Mumkhar has an aggro draw.

The level locking means that beyond a pretty early point in the game, they're all pretty useless, although with their Unbeatables, they can never die. I guess that's something. You can technically get them to 0 health by standing near Immovable Gonzales for a while (area spike), but they keep running around just fine. Enemies won't react to you because you're dead, but you can't attack or use the menu or anything. Going to the nearest exit on foot works, they're alive again on the other side.

None of them have swimming animations. They just run around with their heads just above the surface. Sometimes they'll get stuck in the jumping animation if you jump into water and can't move, so you have to landmark out.

I'm gonna try to figure out what Mumkhar wears now.

[EDIT: Look what I found: http://i51.tinypic.com/2h7hs1y.png ]
spurny said: This is pretty cool stuff. How are you doing this? Are you using Gecko and just adding random codes and what not? I would love to try this out!!
big_smile.gif

Yep, precisely. There are a few codes you'll need to get things into a semi-working state. I won't paste them all here because they are quite long in some cases, but the ones you'll need to use:

Party Slot 1 Character Modifier
Slots 2-7 are also available, but you'll definitely need 1 since the characters can't otherwise be placed in the lead.

Always Able to Equip or Remove Any Weapon
Dickson and Mumkhar seem to be lacking whatever it is that makes armours equippable--almost everything is dimmed out, including their default armours. This cheat works for weapons and armour, despite its name.

Change Shop Items v.4
All characters come naked; no weapons, armour, nothing. This code allows you to (temporarily) modify the first listed shop item such that you can buy their weapons and equipment.

Display Item Digit for Change Shop Item
This works in tandem with the above code, displaying the item's unique number instead of its price in the shop. I'll list some of the important stuff below.

All codes are by/ported by Thomas83Lin.
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,8758.0.html

Important crap to cheat in:
74 - Sabre (Dickson's Unique weapon)
75 - Steel Claws (Mumkhar's Unique weapon)
76 - Claymore (Alvis's Unique weapon)
647 to 651 - Middle Armour (Mumkhar, Dickson in prologue)
677 to 681 - Seacle Armour (Alvis)
687 to 691 - Lagoon Armour (Dickson)

Other crap to cheat in:
2 - Junk Sword (pre-Monado Shulk)
36 - Dunbanado (2 slots; from Colony 9 invasion)
37 - Dunbanado (Unique, 100% Unbeatable; from the prologue)
67 - Meyneth Monado (Fiora knives; from the Meyneth vs. Zanza fight probably)
77 - Break Sword (pre-Monado Shulk)
78 - Salvage Sword (pre-Monado Shulk)
79 - Easy Edge (pre-Monado Shulk)
95 - Debug Sword (6000+ Attack for Shulk)
682 to 686 - Bandages (early Dunban)

The one thing I really want that I haven't been able to figure out is Mumkhar's New Game+ outfit. Big spoiler picture: http://i52.tinypic.com/9s4az8.png

Incidentally, I was wrong about the Mist Oil etc. armours above. With the equip anything cheat, you can equip anything you want on them as long as the head is either naked or a correct default armor. This is because these characters' outfits are decided solely based on what head armour they're wearing. So Alvis can happily wear, say, four pieces of Lancelot and the Seacle Cap.

Buying stuff is a hassle because it reverts to the original item after each purchase and you need to cycle back to the range where you're buying things, but it's not so bad. Once they're in the party, they need to be in the actual active group before you start messing with their equipment or the game will restart. To equip them, you need to look at one of your normal characters' equips, press A on something, then cycle back to these three with L or R (or whatever the Wiimote alternative is). This is because their equipment is usually locked.

Seriously, back up your save in the System Menu before you do any of this garbage. Saving your game while the wrong stuff is equipped on anyone will ruin the save; there are probably plenty of other things that can go wrong, and don't forget you're overwriting a character. If you're in a New Game+, you can cheat them back in, but if not, they'll be naked again when they rejoin. As always, any ruined game saves are not my fault.

God, figuring out Mumkhar's NG+ armour is such a hassle. I even tried looking into the game's memory, but I could only find addresses for the "real" characters. The method I used to find his armour the first time around doesn't seem to work in a New Game+, so I had to get creative. Using the moonjump code, I was able to suicide right at the beginning of the game. In lieu of any other landmarks, the game drops you back at the default Colony 6 landmark, Gem Man's Stall. From here, I was able to visit the Shop, and so I've now gotten this far:

http://i52.tinypic.com/vku50.png

It's not much, but knowing his total defense means it's just a matter of doing the math on any equipment that offers that exact amount of defense. Hopefully, there's one set that will match and that will be the one he's wearing. The Steel Claws offer 20 physical defense, so the sum of his armour's defenses are 501 Physical, 660 Ether.

This'll be fun.

EDIT: F*** YEAH SEAKING!

http://i54.tinypic.com/ab2t6a.png

1077 to 1081 - Rondine Armour (Mumkhon)

Just noticed a minor issue when placing Alvis or Mumkhar in the lead: neither of them can actually jump. That business is a Dickson-only affair. You can probably counter this by playing with the moonjump code on at all times. This does tend to interfere with offering other characters encouragement and even when exiting the menu, though; since the B button is moonjump but that button is used for a lot more than jumping. The Y button seems to be largely neglected, however, relegated to the "moving s*** around" function, so I'll have a look and try to figure how to remap it so that Y is your moonjump button and B is just plain old B.

EDIT:

Moon Jump (Y Button) [Thomas83Lin]
285CAFE2 FFDF0020
48000000 805717EC
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 00000494
14000000 41000000
E0000000 80008000

Note that separating this from jumping does seem to have some unwanted side-effects. Given Alvis and Mumkhar's lack of understanding of gravity, they move a little differently. Trying to go from running straight into a moonjump is a disaster, they just hover-run about a foot off the ground and move frictionlessly, like how everyone runs on ice. You can get up some crazy speed and have serious trouble stopping if you do it long enough. If you actually want to do something akin to a jump, first press Y until you hit your desired altitude, then release and run forward for the distance you need to "jump".

All credit for the code remains to Thomas's port of the original Zit code.

EDIT2: Ultimately, this is about the best you can hope for in terms of long-term play for any of the three: http://i54.tinypic.com/2ap893.png

Alvis's innately high agility, plus the Agility Up gem and the Sleeks giving him a tiny extra boost should keep him useful for at least a while, and the Double Attack, Haste and Strength Ups will hopefully keep his damage from being pointless. The low HP is bad, but he won't draw much aggro with his damage output, anyway.

EDIT3: Except that Alvis continues to freeze up even under human control. As such, Dickson, with the next-highest Agility, is probably your best bet.
Codes:http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,8758.0.html
Hope this helps guys

Reactions: 3 people

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoa... this is awesome, thanks so much.. one thing though... i saw the "Level Digits for colony 9 swapper" but i dont see how to access the title screen map with the giant monado sticking out of the ground... do you know how to get to that map?

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whoa... this is awesome, thanks so much.. one thing though... on that link i cant seem to see the "Level Digits for colony 9 swapper" could you post those numbers plz
Colony 9-30313031
Tephra Cave-30323031
Bionis' Leg-30333031
Colony 6-30343031
Ether Mine-30343032
Satorl Marsh-30353031
Bionis ' Interior-32313031
Makna Forest-30363031
Frontier Village-30373031
Eryth Sea-31303031
Alcamoth-31313031
High Entia Tomb-30393031