• Replies 189
  • Likes 3

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We get this discussions too with Spain Spanish and Latin Spanish (all variations) and we make fun of it, no offensive intention, we just find them funny and curious.
OP and people getting upset for all of this should try to look at it in the curious way of learning, but well, it's your option if you don't wanna play a game cause it's in a variation of your language, what are you gonna do when they will come in another languages?
Me, being from Spain, means i must play some games in English, cause the have no localisation, and that doesn't bother me.

Sorry if i misspelled something, and good luck with this no-sense discussion IMO

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
They know the install base is small, they know sales aren't going to be particularly great, why waste a bunch of time and money paying some guy (or a few people) to go over the game and correct minor regional differences?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: dplaktos

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that people tend to get upset over the little things, so what if the spelling is a little different. there is nothing wrong with it, if you can understand it you can play it. i would rather have some minor spelling issues, then the game be in Japanese which i don't understand at all.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Cryingmoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes I get just so angry when I don't see the right English language option in stuff

English UK
English `Merica!

Whar English Canadian?!
\o/
WHAR!?!?!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you read the thread you would see that I purchased the game already. I played the Eur copy early and stopped playing when I realized it was using Eur script. When I received my US copy last week it used the same script.

So you played the European version with the expectation that they would have adopted your take on the language.
And then you were pissed to find out that YOUR version actually adopted the European take of the language.

So it would have been acceptable for the EUR game to be in American English, but it is not acceptable for the American version of the game to be in British English?

Which ever direction I sniff at this from, I smell a double standard :)

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
So you played the European version with the expectation that they would have adopted your take on the language.
And then you were pissed to find out that YOUR version actually adopted the European take of the language.

So it would have been acceptable for the EUR game to be in American English, but it is not acceptable for the American version of the game to be in British actual English?

Which ever direction I sniff at this from, I smell a double standard

Well said. Some of these yanks never learn.

Danfirehawks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets step back a few years, the wii version was the same way, the group that localized it were british, so its to be expected.

in short, get over it and be thankful this game was even localized. and even better, released on the 3ds. but you probably pirated both, so stop complaining that your free shit isnt exactly how you want it to be.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
lets step back a few years, the wii version was the same way, the group that localized it were british, so its to be expected.

in short, get over it and be thankful this game was even localized. and even better, released on the 3ds. but you probably pirated both, so stop complaining that your free shit isnt exactly how you want it to be.
Well, he didn't pirate it. He clearly stated he bought the US version.

Still a stupid thing to be picky about. I'm sure many would have even accepted a jap dub with English UK subs.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted-19228

OP
Well, he didn't pirate it. He clearly stated he bought the US version.

Still a stupid thing to be picky about. I'm sure many would have even accepted a jap dub with English UK subs.

Congratulations on being the only person that read this thread and was able to comprehend that I actually bought it.

So it would have been acceptable for the EUR game to be in American English, but it is not acceptable for the American version of the game to be in British English?

Which ever direction I sniff at this from, I smell a double standard :)

I played it because most Multi-X games have language files for US and UK English in them and the system they are ran on controls it. I figured hey, this probably doesn't have US English, waited for my US cartridge to arrive, then noticed it still uses UK-English.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Congratulations on being the only person that read this thread and was able to comprehend that I actually bought it.

Many understood. But most stopped at "rom".
:rolleyes:

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
I played it because most Multi-X games have language files for US and UK English in them and the system they are ran on controls it. I figured hey, this probably doesn't have US English, waited for my US cartridge to arrive, then noticed it still uses UK-English.

99.9% of 'English' games I play nowadays are in US English (even those sold here in Australia!). Do I care? Yes. I hate it. It makes me feel like a high school dropout when I accidentally end a word with '-ize' or misspell 'centre'.

Even my phone says crap like 'Dialing', 'Favorites' and 'Color' even though it is set to 'English (United Kingdom)'...! :wtf:

But I don't go around and whine about it.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99.9% of 'English' games I play nowadays are in US English (even those sold here in Australia!). Do I care? Yes. I hate it. It makes me feel like a high school dropout when I accidentally end a word with '-ize' or misspell 'centre'.

Even my phone says crap like 'Dialing', 'Favorites' and 'Color' even though it is set to 'English (United Kingdom)'...! :wtf:

But I don't go around and whine about it.
If it makes you feel better, my web browser keeps trying to do me favours by underlining words with a red coloured squiggly line because I spell them the American way.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
If it makes you feel better, my web browser keeps trying to do me favours by underlining words with a red coloured squiggly line because I spell them the American way.

Mine does the exact opposite. Send me your computer and I'll send you mine. :wacko:

P.S. You spelt 'favours' correctly. :P

Reactions: 2Hack

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't get, is how this is a problem.
The US region of games are technically the NA region of games.

Canada and the US both use the same region for their games. Canadian English uses (mostly) British English.
Defence, flavour, organisation, colour, etc.

You can never truly please everyone, especially when a region is so broad as to have two different styles of a single language.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that US English is most commonly used in this region's localisation.
Though that doesn't mean developers are stuck to only using US English over Canadian or British English.
Especially if it still appeals to a large population of the region's populous.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
What I don't get, is how this is a problem.
The US region of games are technically the NA region of games.

Canada and the US both use the same region for there their games. Canadian English uses (mostly) British English.
Defence, flavour, organisation, colour, etc.

You can never truly please everyone, especially when a region is so broad as to have two different styles of a single language. [...]

Good point, I forgot about this. Isn't there anyone thinking about the Americans living up top? ^_^

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good point, I forgot about this. Isn't there anyone thinking about the Americans living up top? ^_^

Honestly, if a company is going to choose not to set two separate localisations for English in their game, I'd be much happier with UK English, considering it takes from original English.

British English was the correct and grammatically proper form of English before the US, so it's nice to see a game do something like this when choosing not to create multiple English settings.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, if a company is going to choose not to set two separate localisations for English in their game, I'd be much happier with UK English, considering it takes from original English.

British English was the correct and grammatically proper form of English before the US, so it's nice to see a game do something like this when choosing not to create multiple English settings.

It's good to see devs not being anal about translating English into... (a slightly different but mostly similar variety of) English. :rolleyes: OP is coming off as a bit of a self-entitled twat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo