Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone's allowed to complain about everything, that's what makes message boards so "fun" and "pleasant".
Should we like reading complaints? I like reading bullshit though :)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
But by the same token mocking foolishly provincial mentalities is also allowed. And encouraged.
But mocking a game localisation is NOT cool.
Blaming Canada seems cool, I don't know what is so fun about that.

D

Deleted User

OP
But mocking a game localisation is NOT cool.
Blaming Canada seems cool, I don't know what is so fun about that.

blg_blame_canada.jpg

:^)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, back to original topic:

The game is still in english. That's perfectly fine for most of us, even if some spelling differs.

And the VA sounds kind of refined and sexy in a weird way that American VA does not. With rare exceptions. Like Holo's VA in Funimation's dub of Spice and Wolf. But that is a matter for some other thread.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
And the VA sounds kind of refined and sexy in a weird way that American VA does not. With rare exceptions. Like Holo's VA in Funimation's dub of Spice and Wolf. But that is a matter for some other thread.
It is different. Refined since it was made in Europe I guess.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
It's not like you got a game in some language that you can't understand. English dialects are pretty much the same with only a couple differences here and there.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're proposing to "stop clinging to Europe" and start clinging to the USA (you say NA, but NA happens to be Mexico, Canada, and somewhere in the middle there is USA)...
That looks like a nasty idea, what is so incredible about USA's culture? (I am not saying it is bad, but you imply it is the right way to go)
Why don't you let Canada be Canada?
Obviously because America is the best country in the world. Also, Mexico doesn't count as North America because they don't speak English, and by the same token, the Canadiens don't count either due to their speaking French. And while we're at it, they like dumb sports like Hockey.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously because America is the best country in the world. Also, Mexico doesn't count as North America because they don't speak English, and by the same token, the Canadiens don't count either due to their speaking French. And while we're at it, they like dumb sports like Hockey.
What is this? Racism? :lol:
Nd you have an avatar wearing Washington Capitals hockey uniform ;)

Reactions: Margen67

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
JRPGs suck. This form of "RPG" (they are not real RPGs) evolved because of hardware restrictions on 8bit and 16bit consoles. They had success because back then it was the only genre capable of having a semi-decent plot on consoles.

Yes and no. There are people who play RPGs for the mechanics, combat and grinding, and Japan has continued to produce good games in those areas (Etrian Odissey, Persona, SMT...), although I think there are better strategy games that don't have such obscured mechanics. OTOH, I have NOT given them a fair shake, which I'll have to do at some point. My biggest issue is how many padding random encounters they have, which they don't really need. Wanting to avoid the grind is the biggest reason why I want cheat codes for Gateway.

I think it entirely depends on your criteria.

Some of us don't care for games like Skyrim, I'll say that the world looks nice, but my avatar is an empty husk, most of the NPCS are standard fare (they're often standard in JRPGS and almost every genre tbh), and I've got a small plot to go on, the 60 hours of gaming most JRPGS offer is specifically the main story, without deviating into sidequests and the like. Something like Skyrim can last hundreds and hundreds of hours, but not if you just do the main plot only, if you do that its not that large of a game. But its not a game people play for the main plot, or for character development, or even for emotional connections with characters (usually) they're something people play for the exploration and for the quests.
You're ignoring Torment, BG2, Mass Effect I, Fallout I & II, Arcanum, KOTOR I & II (with patches), Witcher I && II, Vampire Bloodlines, Arcanum, and likely a host of others, while grouping great stories with Dragon Quest, FF XII, Bravely Default, etc.

My point is what critics have been saying, eastern games that got to the west haven't innovated much on either the combat-focused games or the story-focused ones, although the former have definitely had good games with interesting mechanics come out, unlike the latter ones with good stories, IMHO. And they still have tons of pointless random encounters instead of being a shorter more cohesive game.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this? Racism? :lol:
I'd say I was being a bit...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Xenophobic.
Nd you have an avatar wearing Washington Capitals hockey uniform ;)
40 years and counting without having seen Lord Stanley's cup up close in Washington (unless you count 1998 when the Wing's swept us and were presented the Cup at the then MCI Center).

Reactions: VinsCool

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this a problem with the Wii version?

I was thinking about playing the Wii version on Dolphin rather than buy another 3DS. The whole Color vs Colour thing has always annoyed me.

In the past few years I've accepted that here in the U.S. we don't speak English. We speak North American. It's like Mexicans don't speak Spanish. They speak Mexican. Sure the two are alike, but they aren't the same thing. Native Mexican speaking children bomb Spanish I all the time. The reason Americans (this is mainly in the states) can fully understand British English is due to it being a large construct of our own language. The opposite isn't true. If I tried, I could probably speak a full sentence to another N. American in the presents of a fresh British immigrant and s/he wouldn't understand the least of it.

What this all boils down to is, we need a new language. It needs to be simple to learn, have no inheritance from any existing language, and we need to call it common. Esperanto?

It should also be flat, unimaginative, and require starting from scratch every time you want to use it. I call it c. - I hope you all get this joke.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously because America is the best country in the world. [...]

America is not a country. :wtf:

cEJBS4I.jpg

It's a continent. :teach:

Also, Mexico doesn't count as North America because they don't speak English, and by the same token, the Canadiens don't count either due to their speaking French. And while we're at it, they like dumb sports like Hockey.

Good point, makes sense :p1ng:

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: