ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replied you in the quote

Edit: In the case you refer to why I put those values, simply because I tested every setting from 1.0 to 0.5 and this is the one that best takes advantage of performance/quality
I find it funny nobody can agree on what "red_AtRate" does but considering it says "at rate" that says its a timing thing not a specific GPU load thing. otherwise it would say something like "at load" or "at percentage" something along those lines. but "at rate" signifies speed

Last edited by deathblade200,

laincat

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I will link here my preset, to not lose it in the closed thread and whoever wants to use it does not lose sight of it.

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.

Updated presets to v1.1

Updated presets to v1.2 (final update).

As we say in Spain: Never say never (Nunca digas nunca). Updated preset to v1.3.

NOTE: Since this is the final update, I'll not support the preset anymore, if in the future we receive a patch for the game, you only need to add new IPS file from OP Masagrator post to get working the mod again.

To avoid comments out of context or destructive criticism as has happened before with a certain user: I share these presets for personal taste and for whoever wants to enjoy them, at no time do I specify that they are the best they will find or that my settings are the only valid ones. They are adjustments made from my personal experience, arranged to my liking and optimized to the level that Nintendo Switch can support.

These are the general JSON settings, whoever wants to edit it for their own benefit or research is free to do so.

Common features:
- Better shadows with greater distance and quality
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient, ported from my older XC1 and XC2 settings.
- Better resolution with their respective improvements in the LOD, terrain and vegetation (they are linked to the internal resolution of the game)
- Slightly tweaked colours in bloom, shadows and clouds for better environment
- Performance mostly reach 30 FPS in larger areas, battles and cutscenes if you overclock CPU/GPU/RAM to:

Installation (WITHOUT DLCs):
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root for Switch.

Comparison screenshot:

I hope you enjoy it :grog:
Emulators v1.3?

lemueldave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but my game is not starting anymore after trying a 60 fps cheat. Does anyone know how to fix it? I even tried installing the game again. I have uploaded the crash log here.

Attachments

• 01659499805_010074f013262000.txt
    239.7 KB · Views: 45

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for your answer.

Other question so why to put :
"red_sclX": 1.0, -> (1920p)
"red_sclY": 1.0, -> (1080p)
"red_hdsclX": 1.0, -> (1280p)
"red_hdsclY": 1.0, -> mode (720p)

To pu after :

"red_AtMaxX": 0.85, -> Max X lines possibles to render (1632p)

?

I want to learn more about those settings, thanks
Because red_AtMax controls both handheld and dock, it's easier to touch that setting than the higher ones.
On the other hand, the vast majority of people are unable to detect a lower resolution in the horizontal line and we also gained a noticeable improvement in performance.

I find it funny nobody can agree on what "red_AtRate" does but considering it says "at rate" that says its a timing thing not a specific GPU load thing. otherwise it would say something like "at load" or "at percentage" something along those lines. but "at rate" signifies speed
I didn't know what it was either after so much time testing in all Xenoblade, but from what I've been testing in this game, the definition I've given seems to be the most correct (although I can be wrong). If you were referring to the speed at which the resolution changes, why lowering the value seems to improve performance and the GPU barely reaches 97-99% load?

Reactions: cobjak

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I know that's pointless. I set all values related to dynamic resolution to exactly 1.0
well I havn't seen any issues like this nor has anybody else reported anything. best way to test something like that is once you find a broken cutscene force close then change a setting back to default then walk back to the cutscene again. the movie theater won't work for this and will only load the cutscene properly

Last edited by deathblade200,

Amores

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
personally I couldn't imagine playing this game (or any switch game really) without the ram overclock it alone makes a big difference with performance. the ram overclock is very simple to do even for the unknowledgable

Hi, I have tried to do it to my erista switch but I get a fatal error with sys-clk. I have tried everything, boot with hekate, with fuse deleting the file minerva. but whenever I put the loader.kip I get a sys-clk error.

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but my game is not starting anymore after trying a 60 fps cheat. Does anyone know how to fix it? I even tried installing the game again. I have uploaded the crash log here.
can you start the game on OFW (assuming you have it obtained legally)? Also delete the xb3 folder in atmosphere and try again please.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

@masagrator have some speculation a few pages back.

Anyway, maybe Its probably frame timings?

Like.. Maybe at 0 the game requires the renderer to render each frame every 33.3ms

So at rate 90 means drop resolution when the frame time took 90 percent longer than 33.3ms (63.27ms)

Or the game took sample for a certain time frame, let say every 150ms. At rate 90 means when 90% of frames deviates in 150ms ,lower the resolution.

Or it could be something totally different.

What I observed that the lower the atrate, the more often the game renders at lower resolution.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
So I guess the blur2 settings are responsible for these artifacts. Can anyone confirm?

I've confirmed it myself. Setting blur2 values to 0.1 results in visual artifacts in some cutscenes when motion blur is applied by the game. Apart from the first cutscene in chapter 6, it isn't very noticeable because the artifacts usually don't persist for more than a single frame or a few frames.

Here's the same frame from a chapter 3 cutscene
- with blur2 values set to 0.1: https://files.helsionium.eu/xc3_no_blur2.png
- with blur2 values at their default: https://files.helsionium.eu/xc3_with_blur2.png

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've confirmed it myself. Setting blur2 values to 0.1 results in visual artifacts in some cutscenes when motion blur is applied by the game. Apart from the first cutscene in chapter 6, it isn't very noticeable because the artifacts usually don't persist for more than a single frame or a few frames.

- with blur2 values at their default: https://files.helsionium.eu/xc3_with_blur2.png
And disabled?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thats something so small I wouldn't have even noticed or even cared personally lol unlike when you completely disable it which you can clearly see the screen flash black during certain effects. I myself think its worth the better performance

Reactions: cobjak and Medel87

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

So blur2= motion blur?

Any idea what variable handles object blur and depth of field blur?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM