Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Etherstrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you are trying different Yuzu versions when there is a custom build available which is working fine - stable 30fps, no crashes, no issues with cutscenes, no problem with memory leak ?
I personally do not trust random builds from a person who did not share what changes were made or added. I can wait until the official version is out so it's fine, I'm good using the clear ram method for now.

Arnauw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
hello, it need to be webm, i will make all encoding when all cutscene are upscale and release the pack, but for the moment i cant find way to inject it :'(
already made several switch game ai upscale curtscene for chrono cross, final fantasy x remaster etc work like charme by follow the same skeleton, so here is atmosphere\contents\010074F013262000\romfs\movie but simply don"t work :'(
Iam on it
it works thanks !
So are you going to upscale every videos and release a mod :) ?
I could help with encoding, dunno what method has been used to upscale tho.
Edit : lol I just woke up and I read that too fast so forget that question ^^

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 29

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I suffered from the same crashing issues you all described, but it's not happening anymore after experimenting with configurations. First of all I set it to handheld, Vulkan, GPU Accuracy: high, CPU hacks: unsafe (NAN hack specifically fixed the crashing during cutscenes). I turned off the shader cache and turned on extended memory layout, FSR on, AA off, Vsync off, Asynchronous shader, Fast GPU hack - on.

GPU: GTX 1070 8 gddr
Version EA 2878
Mods: Update, Quality Mod

Maybe that helps some of you ;)
Edit: so yes that means I'm playing the game without issues for some hours already on Vulkan, including cutscenes!
Tried all of these things, unfortunately led to a crash at the same moment in a certain cutscene I've been testing these builds on in Chapter 3. It could be that some scenes don't crash as others have said, but until notable ones are fixed, it's not truly safe to use as our main build.

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I suffered from the same crashing issues you all described, but it's not happening anymore after experimenting with configurations. First of all I set it to handheld, Vulkan, GPU Accuracy: high, CPU hacks: unsafe (NAN hack specifically fixed the crashing during cutscenes). I turned off the shader cache and turned on extended memory layout, FSR on, AA off, Vsync off, Asynchronous shader, Fast GPU hack - on.

Version EA 2878

Edit: so yes that means I'm playing the game without issues for some hours already on Vulkan, including cutscenes!
So I tried booting the game in handheld then switching back to docked on the main menu. Went to the theater and tested out some cutscenes I know will reliably always crash and they are no longer crashing. This is on Vulkan on the latest Yuzu EA.

zeneb21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok after playing a little further I had 2 crashes, both accompanied by garbled textures some minutes before the crash. It seems like the issue for me now is that memory leak still persisting. After closing and rebooting everything returns back to normal .. so it's unfortunately not 100 % yet. Checking back in a few days ;)

XXeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I tried booting the game in handheld then switching back to docked on the main menu. Went to the theater and tested out some cutscenes I know will reliably always crash and they are no longer crashing. This is on Vulkan on the latest Yuzu EA.
I can confirm this seems to work for me as well.
Boot the game in handheld mode and wait untill the game loads and you see the continue sceen then switch to docked mode.
I could watch a cutscene where vulkan would normally 100% crash.
Could the fix really be this easy :unsure:
- EA2878

EDIT:
Played a bit further and seems to be crashing in normal combats now with this method. Oh well was too good to be true..

Last edited by XXeno,

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently on EA 2877 running Vulkan, and everything is going smoothly as heck, haven't seen any stutter or crashes yet (2+ hours of constant gaming) and no memory leak. Got the shader from a Reddit post for both OpenGL and Vulkan and it is running fine with no hiccup. Haven't seen any cutscene yet though. Will update on it later.
View attachment 320465
Able to share where you got the shader caches from?

Ktisu_

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With a 5700XT with latest drivers and AMD 3600 in EA-2878 it just crash before main menu, while loading/building shaders. Handheld mode in Vulkan, 60fps and Quality and other tweaks doesn't seem to make any difference.

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot the game in handheld mode and wait untill the game loads and you see the continue sceen then switch to docked mode.
- EA2878
i just tested it and yes it is working

able1214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- EA2878
Also can confirm on my end, thanks! I can finally use Vulkan.

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Version EA 2878

Tested for a bit and it actually works, also watched some cutscenes in the theater and no crash so far.

Then i tested it in game, it all seemed good, fluid, sharp and all of that........but after a while it crashes cause of memory leak, had mem reduct opened and i saw it spikes over 95% then crash, haven't you experienced that?

Rathys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- EA2878
Can confirm, booting in handheld and switching at the main menu seems to be working and not crashing in cutscenes where it would crash before. I have a save right before one such cutscene in chapter 3 for me. However I did get a random crash after a story battle. So far, the custom mem-leak fix version with OpenGL still seems to be the best all around build for me.

Reactions: MarkM

Massaion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
the handheld to docked method works for me in cutscenes but the game will crash in gameplay instead. This won't happen if I just stay on handheld.

fridoune

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the handheld method of zeneb21 seems to work here on x3 with a 3080 and a 10700k

no crash, but i make frequent 1h session so no memory leak
just curious has someone tried the handheld method on the Custom Yuzu Build (Fixes Memory Leak Issue) in order to get the best of both world ?

BBK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any issues where the game seems to freeze on menu screens? Whenever I get a new tutorial (for cooking or chain attack for example), the game is still running, but my screen is frozen. I can select stuff but can't actually see what I am choosing since the menu/screen is frozen. I am using the custom yuzu build opengl with the quality mod from michael chen.

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the handheld method of zeneb21 seems to work here on x3 with a 3080 and a 10700k

no crash, but i make frequent 1h session so no memory leak
just curious has someone tried the handheld method on the Custom Yuzu Build (Fixes Memory Leak Issue) in order to get the best of both world ?
I have 0 crashes in Custom Yuzu Build in docked mode. Stable 30fps, playing on 3060Ti with Ryzen 3600.

Ciphray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menu crashes i had in ryujinx (both standard and vulkan builds) in a particular area were solved by disabling vsync in the menu itself (not the toggle on the window) and forcing it on in my driver control panel instead
it also performs much better for me if i remove the emulators affinity with the first 2 threads on my cpu (8 core 16 thread)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: my face when i learn markdown