G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Disabling almost every single extra shader pass (AA, AO, Godrays, Colormap, Clouds, Reflections, Blur, etc) and overclocking the console slightly leads to it being 720p across the board (with a few slight hits in certain places, but not easily noticeable.) You do have to turn the brightness down a bit to compensate for some of the shader passes being removed.

It looks a little less pretty (Gramps doesn't look all that fluffy) but I mean, you don't even see the effects of half the shaders in portable mode due to dynamic resolution, and 720p > effects any day of the week.

Reactions: sorabora

Paperpomf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks for the little tweak, working great on atmosphere with the new method. by the way just for fun i disabled the dynamic resolution and holy crap every battle is a sub 20 fps mess and the towns runs like ass too, even with the highest clocks possible (1.7cpu and 912gpu) its a slideshow.

Attachments

• 2019050713015600-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg
    2019050713015600-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited by Paperpomf,

iKing_PR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the little tweak, working great on atmosphere with the new method. by the way just for fun i disabled the dynamic resolution and holy crap every battle is a sub 20 fps mess and the towns runs like ass too, even with the highest clocks possible (1.7cpu and 912gpu) its a slideshow.
im super new at this.... do I download the new method and will change graphic or need to tweek something else?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried disabling the blur effect for docked mode, but it's still blurry as hell whenever I'm not right in my characters face.

This is only happening in docked mode and I've tried messing with my monitor settings like ofw users but now seeing how good this looks in handheld, it's almost unplayable on docked.

Anyone else experience this? It's not so much on backgrounds, just blur over my characters and whatever is in the foreground.

Edit: I played around with AA and it seems to have improved it a bit, but the characters themselves are still pretty blurry if I'm not up in their faces, is that just how the game is? (custscenes are fine btw, dunno if they are pre-rendered or not)

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried disabling the blur effect for docked mode, but it's still blurry as hell whenever I'm not right in my characters face.

This is only happening in docked mode and I've tried messing with my monitor settings like ofw users but now seeing how good this looks in handheld, it's almost unplayable on docked.

Anyone else experience this? It's not so much on backgrounds, just blur over my characters and whatever is in the foreground.

Edit: I played around with AA and it seems to have improved it a bit, but the characters themselves are still pretty blurry if I'm not up in their faces, is that just how the game is? (custscenes are fine btw, dunno if they are pre-rendered or not)
Docked mode doesn't use blur. Only DoF & AA (i think they are using fxaa there).
It's working between 576-720p, where cutscenes are always 720p iirc, so if you have 1080p-4K display, then it will look blurry outside cutscenes. You can try to disable dynamic Resolution and check if it's still blurry. Ofc it will be unplayable because of slowdowns.

Last edited by masagrator,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for this amazing guide, i have a question though regarding the old method, is it possible to unpack bf2.ard / bf2.arh? reason i ask is because i would like to replace assets from the japanese version and create an english uncensored version.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for this amazing guide, i have a question though regarding the old method, is it possible to unpack bf2.ard / bf2.arh? reason i ask is because i would like to replace assets from the japanese version and create an english uncensored version.
Just run quickbms_4gb_files.exe, choose xenoblade2ard.bms, next choose bf2.arh, next choose folder where to unpack. And wait.

chaoskagami

Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

There is no censorship in the USA version. Just a terrible translation that doesn't accurately convey the original meaning. Replacing assets will not fix the translation.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just run quickbms_4gb_files.exe, choose xenoblade2ard.bms, next choose bf2.arh, next choose folder where to unpack. And wait.
I never thought about using that file manually but it works just fine thank you.

There is no censorship in the USA version. Just a terrible translation that doesn't accurately convey the original meaning. Replacing assets will not fix the translation.
There are a few models that are censored altho not that many of them but i found a video showing all the differences from the western and japanese version, i would have also tried to uncensor the translation differences but sadly there is no way to edit the text files from my knowledge.

Last edited by Toni456,

chaoskagami

Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
There are a few models that are censored altho not that many of them but i found a video showing all the differences from the western and japanese version, i would have also tried to uncensor the translation differences but sadly there is no way to edit the text files from my knowledge.

There are no model changes in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 nor can I find any source on youtube stating as such, and not even TCRF has any such model differences documented. You may be thinking of Xenoblade Chronicles X or the the first Xenoblade Chronicles. Both were heavily altered. Either way, I'll need a source on this, because I've never heard that before anywhere.

By the way, there *is* an editor for the dialogue on github, but it's less a matter of "uncensoring" dialogue and more retranslating the whole damn game from Japanese because Nintendo done fucked up.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill