RELEASE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Graphics Settings

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. masagrator
    OP

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Maybe changing this setting
    Code:
    red_AtRate=97.0
    can do something for GPU 460 Mhz. It's still set like in default and it may be too big for 720p undocked.
    It sets how fast game will change resolution when load is heavy

(I don't know if it works with this timing, I'm only guessing)
    Code:
    f.e.
    1280x720 -1 sec-> 1242x698 -1 sec-> 1204x676
    If you change it to 90.0 it will look something like this
    Code:
    1280x720 -1 sec-> 1152x648 -1 sec-> 1036x582
    So framedrops will be much smaller, but changing resolution can (not necessarily MUST) be more visible.

Last edited by masagrator, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Despo

Despo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2019
    Argentina
    it still looks far from stock sub 360p resolution, will keep on testing thanks for the info-

3. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Firstly, thank you for all the work put into this! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me. I have my own xenoblade cart and have installed all the dlc including torna already previous through SX. I also have atmosphere installed and I want to try it out but my problem is whenever I put the file from the profile.zip into the atmosphere/titles/ on my sdcard then put it into my switch my cfw doesn't load. I inject the payloads but it doesn't go into CFW until I delete the folder from my sdcard then it works again.

any help?

4. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Can you write exact location to lib_nx.ini file starting from the root of your sdcard?

5. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The exact location is:
    F:\atmosphere\titles\0100E95004039001\romfs\monolib\shader (this is from your folder that I copy and pasted, I didn't have this file on my sdcard originally)

Just to confirm, I didn't do any of the steps from the old method. Literally just copied and pasted the downloaded file from profile.zip into the atmosphere/titles directory

Last edited by Tomakage, Feb 18, 2019
  6. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    What version of Atmosphere you are using? Have you tried change folder name to different titleid?

7. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'm using 0.8.3 and I have just changed the titleid now and it lets me boot up again. It didn't work when I changed it to the japanese pack Id either which is strange as I have all dlc installed.

Is there a way to tell if it's working or not? As I've compared screenshots to before and after and there doesn't seem to be any change at all, resolution seems to be the same too after testing it on different titans

8. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Make screenshots inside main menu - one with lib_nx.ini, second without. Second one should be much sharper than first one.
    What titleid you have used?

9. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've attached two screenshots, the first one is without the profile folder in atmosphere/title and the second picture is with the new folder in there.

I have used 0100E95004039004 as the titleid

Attached Files:

10. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Yeah, there is no change. Try to delete romfs_metadata.bin from \atmosphere\titles\0100E95004039004\ with NX-Shell and try to run game again.

Last edited by masagrator, Feb 18, 2019
  11. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I can't find that file in the folder. I'm using NX-Shell but all I see when I open \atmosphere\titles\0100E95004039004 is another folder that just says romfs. There is no .bin file

12. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    I own the original EU card with multiple dlc installed on microSD (Hekate-REINX), is this patch compatible?

13. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    EU Card is the same as US, so you can. But I don't know if it will work with ReiNX - you need to find out.
    I can't help with this. You need to find out what's wrong with your atmosphere - is it lack of right sigptaches maybe?

Last edited by masagrator, Feb 18, 2019
  14. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeh it may be something wrong with atmosphere as I do not really use it and my games were installed using SX OS. Thanks for the replies, I'll try to figure it out

15. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Finally got it to work and it looks absolutely stunning! 720p max is what I wish what it originally looked like.

It doesn't work on atmosphere for me for some reason but it does work reiNX for anybody interested.

masagrator likes this.
  16. Despo

Despo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2019
    Argentina
    atmosphere 8.3.0 works 100%

17. masagrator
    OP

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    It's probably an issue with his kip_patches or exefs_patches. It's working with ReiNX for him, so we can close this topic.

Last edited by masagrator, Feb 21, 2019
  18. Tomakage

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeh must be the case, did the exact same steps for both ReiNX and Atmosphere but only worked for ReiNX for me. As long as it works on any CFW I'm happy with it

19. Asunix666

Asunix666 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Romania
    It looks soo good plus overclocking

Last edited by Asunix666, Feb 22, 2019
  20. Niko_of_Death

Niko_of_Death Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone tested red_sclX/Y to greater than 1.0 (i.e. to get it running at 1080p)? Obviously will probably not be there most of the time if res scaling is enabled, but still would be cool to see.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted