Gaming Xenoblade Chonicles X Discussion Thread

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm so hyped for this game. With my bday coming up, and christmas, I really hope I'll get this one :3
Have been going blind until last night, where I watched a 3 hour spoiler free play session... now I'm even more hyped! Looks right up my alley, especially when you don't HAVE to do online multiplayer stuff. :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm 40 hours in and this is GOTY for me. I loved the 1st Xenoblade to death and imo this is better in every way except the story and the main character. The gameplay, upgrade systems and exploration are just next level and I feel sad for ppl that aren't able to enjoy it as much as I do :/
Don't feel bad, Rob. It's not your fault it is however Monolith's and Nintendo's for not fixing the issues before releasing the game in the west and I still wonder how many of those flaws went unnoticed... *smh*

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
So on a scale of 1 to Oh my god, why the fuck is this so confusing, how would you rate the online multiplayer?
1. The manual did a good enough job telling me that all i will use the multiplayer for is mats farming, since everything is instance based.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really, from what I've seen, the most annoying issues are
A. silent protagonist. In some games it doesn't bother me that much, but in this game everyone keeps having group discussions while your avatar just stands there, and sometimes you get the option to nod or shake your head.
B. the audio balancing in cutscenes. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make the background music (with vocals!) just as loud as the characters talking? Oh well, at least there's subtitles.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really, from what I've seen, the most annoying issues are
A. silent protagonist. In some games it doesn't bother me that much, but in this game everyone keeps having group discussions while your avatar just stands there, and sometimes you get the option to nod or shake your head.
B. the audio balancing in cutscenes. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make the background music (with vocals!) just as loud as the characters talking? Oh well, at least there's subtitles.
Well, I suppose you have good eyesight, because for me the most annoying issue is:
C. text too small to read when you are more than 1m away from the screen (and you are not exactly 20/20)
Other than that I still don't have many issues.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I suppose you have good eyesight, because for me the most annoying issue is:
C. text too small to read when you are more than 1m away from the screen (and you are not exactly 20/20)
Other than that I still don't have many issues.
oh yeah, true. I've not actually PLAYED the game, that's why I said from what I've "seen" - I guess I should have made that more clear. Text size is definitely a problem though, I agree - even on my laptop screen it's hard to read.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The world is pretty cool, albeit hard to navagate.
The characters are boring the comedy is cringey.
The story is not as interesting as Xenoblade Chronicles story which was more focused on the characters and their goals - but I'm only in chapter 4.
There are too many quick time events in the combat for my liking.
eeeeh...

I cant reccomend Xenoblade Chonicles X over Xenoblade Chonicles.
But its pretty fun if you have patience.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested online for the first time, and that's not too bad.
I played online in solo, not in active online mode, and that's nice to have some mini optional and random missions (usually killing monsters) which grants items.
You also benefit from other player's BLADE exp so your BLADE level increase faster.

I usually don't play online games, so I'm fine with this semi-online mode.
I would rate it "nice experience in solo, but too bad other users are not displayed in real time on your screen". The world is so vast that we could benefit from seeing other players on the map. even just the player, not his other character to prevent clones. Same remark than the Wii version : the world feel too empty with only monsters on it. they could have added travelers or fake battles with other Blade members, and not just standing people in camps.

I didn't test Active online mode (4 players in a definite area).

I could finally change my class to prospector which grants me more points for actions I'm doing instead of just killing monsters with my previous interceptor class.
class change can only be done if you are online, I don't know why as it also affect your offline play.

Interceptor:
item : 1
monster : 10

Prospector
item : 3
treasure : 10
monster : 6
New zone : 40
New area : 40
probe :
mission :

I didn't keep track of other values.
Someone made a table to see each action and their points based on the chosen Division?

Edit:
I read the manual, but there are still unexplained elements. that's just a "try and guess" game.

Reactions: Rob Blou

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
It affects you offline as well since you get stat boosts from the division you choose.

I think i glimpsed on a list on reddit or gamefaqs, not really remembering it well since i was fine with my divisions bonus from the get go.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished the first half of Tutura's mission where I have to kill monsters using new weapons. Then like a dumbass, I selected hard monster instead of multiple weak monsters and I'm getting my ass kicked. Anyone know if I can find him and pick the other option, or am I screwed now?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just finished the first half of Tutura's mission where I have to kill monsters using new weapons. Then like a dumbass, I selected hard monster instead of multiple weak monsters and I'm getting my ass kicked. Anyone know if I can find him and pick the other option, or am I screwed now?
I you die 3 times they offer you to lower his level ... the exact same thing happened to me :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would've been nice to have a GBATemp squad :D but you can't really chose your squad beside joining your friend's squad :/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried a chair?
I got used to the text but it's really better when I comes near the tv.

The devs will probably never update the font, because it would mean updating all the interface position and size.

There's a user patch to change the font size, but it's (of course) breaking some menus because it overflow.
to apply the patch, you need loadiine (backup) or cafiine (retail disc), so 5.3.2 is currently required.
you need to extract a file, replace the font and repack it. read the undub thread for more detail.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried a chair?
I got used to the text but it's really better when I comes near the tv.

The devs will probably never update the font, because it would mean updating all the interface position and size.

There's a user patch to change the font size, but it's (of course) breaking some menus because it overflow.
to apply the patch, you need loadiine (backup) or cafiine (retail disc), so 5.3.2 is currently required.
you need to extract a file, replace the font and repack it. read the undub thread for more detail.
I've been sitting near to the TV, not the best option but well... At least I can read.
I will look into to the cafiine version of the patch, perhaps that will work for me.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this for a friend for Christmas and I'm starting to think I might have to "forget" to give it too him :bortz2: jk. I told myself I would finish the first one first, even if there isn't any continuity. I have found myself diving headlong into jrpgs lately, so this looks like a venture worthy of my time.

Reactions: Rob Blou

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you haven't played the first one, don't give up at the start because you don't understand the battle system.
give it some time and it will become clearer.

This is a JRPG, meaning that the battle are not like action game, going away will not prevent you from suffering or hitting the monster. it's an ATB system where you can move around the enemies, and the location around it have importance (front, back, side) but not the distance.
I feel like the one on Wii had a more depth battle system, you had to manage your partners battle more actively than on WiiU.
On WiiU I just care about myself and let the others do what they want.

Story wise, the one on Wii has a lot more story linearity while you progress on the world. on WiiU it's mission based and not area based.

Reactions: popokakapetu
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Has Nintendo patched the game to fix the font size and audio issue?

Japanese audio added would be appreciated too.

Edit: Having to squint my eyes with glasses or read the subtitles because the audio is unbalanced isn't what I'd call enjoyable. It breaks the experience for me.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: