Hacking how to "open" bin files to get files inside?

fukukuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(this is related to my last thread) So, I have a cpk file which is filled with .bin files (different from the one I mentioned in that thread) and I've been trying to find out how to possibly extract files or get files from those .bin files. I scanned a few of those .bin files with File Viewer Plus and apparently there are .adx, .lif, .pc1, and .obj files within these .bin files. The files I specifically want are the .adx files as those supposedly are audio files, but I don't know how to get them "out" of the bin files, the only suggestions I've heard being to use a hex code editor, which I don't have any experience with.

If anyone could help me with the hex code thing or have another method for getting those files inside the .bin files, I'd really appreciate it!! (Also, just in case, the game is "Fullmetal Alchemist Yakusoku No Hi e" and the .bin files are from DAT001.cpk)

Thanks in advance!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(this is related to my last thread)
Why are you creating a new thread rather than just replying to your old one!?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-he...-fullmetal-alchemist-yakusoku-no-hi-e.644743/

Anway, ".bin" is a mostly meaningless extension. It is commonly used for optical disc image formats, but otherwise a .bin file can contain almost anything. It could even be a custom format that the developers created specifically for this one game, in which case it will have to be reverse-engineered from scratch.

fukukuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I wasn't sure if I should've replied or not, so I just made a new post, haha. :(

This .bin stuff seems like even more of a mystery now...maybe I'll figure it out on my own, but I guess I'm at a dead end for now. :wacko:

Also, thank you for helping me!!!

Last edited by fukukuku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto