Gaming Xenoblade Chonicles X Discussion Thread

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
audio has an issue? ok, the volume is a very bad issue and should be easily fixable with a patch.

There's no way to fix the font size, it would require designing new GUI and menus, and rewriting the full script, because they didn't use auto-word warp but letter wrap (kana & kanji wrap).
Well, word wrapping could probably be fixed easily by the devs, but then I wonder why they chose to let the translators deal with the window's length manually instead of fixing it and making translator's life a lot easier.
and it means re-hiring translators for all languages to add proper line breaks.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The only way I could somewhat enjoy Xenoblade X is if I was playing it as if it were a PC game (sitting on a chair and looking at the monitor) though that's not how I usually play games. And to be frank, I'm not disappointed to not be playing Xenoblade X since it annoyed me.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But there is a way to fix the text problem:
designing new GUI and menus, and rewriting the full script
And that's what they should do with the patch already. Such a design failure that makes a gamer with slight eyesight problems get unbearable headaches is a game breaker.

PS: I also stopped playing, I like the game but I don't enjoy headaches.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

But there is a way to fix the text problem:

And that's what they should do with the patch already. Such a design failure that makes a gamer with slight eyesight problems get unbearable headaches is a game breaker.

PS: I also stopped playing, I like the game but I don't enjoy headaches.
One would logically think that the GamePad would solve the issue but it doesn't. The font size is just as bad as is on the TV.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT USE THE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X COLLECTORS EDITION (USA) USB SOUNDTRACK

It comes with broken DRM. It loads an application that modifies the registry to hide Drives.
It mounts a hidden drive either x,y,or z. after you close the application it does not undo these changes.
Most users mount network drives as x,y,or z. if you do it will make it unusable.
I confirmed this as it hid one of my server mapped drives (Drive Z). This Shit also prevents copy and paste with its running. If you have network drives or not it still does it. no DRM should be modifying window's Policy

To fix this you have to manually edit the registry and group policy for hiding drives in My Computer

Here is a link to the Xenoblade Reddit Page for how to fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...warning_the_xenoblade_chronicles_x_ost_has_a/

I have got around their crap and extracted the wave files from the flash drive by using a data recovery program. They are not even encrypted. They go through the trouble of this shit then dont even encrypt the files......

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info Captain_N
unfortunately, a lot of users have the Windows family version, which doesn't have gpedit.msc :(
only Professional version has it.

I tried few hacky guides and tutorial to install it, but all failed.
I can only use regedit manually for all the options available in group policy editor.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I've just sent an email to Nintendo (NoA) so while they may never do anything about the font size and unbalanced audio it's still good to send in hopes they fix these darn problems. Another thing, I'm glad that the internet is complaining about this rather than sucking up and defending Nintendo/Monolith. :)

UPDATE

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback regarding Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the text size and Audio mix in game. We can certainly understand your thoughts on this matter and want you to know how much we appreciate you sending them in. We also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records for Xenoblade Chronicles X and will be made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Bradford MacCaffery

That was fast of Nintendo of America. Fingers crossed they do something about it. :)

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
talking about map, I also find the mini-map on the gamepad not very detailed.
when it's on the minimum size, you see it fully, that's fine.
you zoom one step, that's also fine.
when you zoom at max, it's not really more detailed, it's only the picture from the previous zoom step being zoomed, it's not a new bigger map. it's blurry and not that bigger than the intermediate zoom step.

It's also missing a lot of place's names. that's too bad we don't see all the zone and area names on the map. we don't know when we discovered all the areas or not on an hexagon, so we don't know where to go if we want 100%
that's another bad menu design :(

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've surveyed as much of oblivia as I can (22.4%) but can't go further because I leveled up my skills wrong. So now what?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what skill did you leveled wrong?
I had no issue getting oblivia to 30%, and no skill were needed for that.
just level up your avatar's level.

Which level are you?
I could fight the boss to save the "3 people" without issue.
for the boss from south of oblivia I was a little underleveled, but I killed it on the second try.

I try to level up when I can and find a spot with monsters with higher level than me.
higher level gives more exp than same enemy but with same level than you.

I always keep elma and Lin in my party, so they are the same level than me.
The 4th character is often required to be switched, so he has often a lower level, but it's fast to level him up. He dies a lot, but he catches up with the other players eventually.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have to use 'wasted' skillpoints as an excuse, switch to Elma and use her arts to sneak past enemies to get those 30%.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to use 'wasted' skillpoints as an excuse, switch to Elma and use her arts to sneak past enemies to get those 30%.
That sounds a little snide... As for my skills, I didn't have my mechanical leveled up enough, so I couldn't put any new probes down.

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds a little snide... As for my skills, I didn't have my mechanical leveled up enough, so I couldn't put any new probes down.

That's how it was meant to be.
Mining probes add barely any percentage, hence it's possible to get the 30% just by exploring and unlocking treasure that doesn't need mechanical.

That aside there are a billion ways to get up the blade level in order to raise that mechanical level and unlock probes even if something else was prioritized.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it was meant to be.
Mining probes add barely any percentage, hence it's possible to get the 30% just by exploring and unlocking treasure that doesn't need mechanical.

That aside there are a billion ways to get up the blade level in order to raise that mechanical level and unlock probes even if something else was prioritized.
So you admit you were trying to be a dick. That's something this site can do with less of. Regardless, thanks for the advice. :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg
Apart from few minor issues ( audio, fontsize ), I must say Nintendo and Monolithsoft have outdone themselves!
What a immersive game this is.
I really feel part of the world trying to re build the lifehold!
So damn addictive!
Still no skell....50+ hours into the game and still figuring stuff out.
The official survival guide videos really helped.
Like how online play works ( it's both active and passive at the same if you wish.
the lobby is situated inthe blade barracks! Who knew?!)
Just recently I invested in weapon and armory company's and leveled up and connected my probes to better suited ones of higer level.
Getting my head around the best armor for electrical storms.......
Some things are still somewhat fuzzy to me.
I can;t quite grasp the buff and debuff side of things.
Also hard to figure out the perfect combination of arts....
Some help for me anyone?
Just entered the samurai Class!
There so much backstory / Lore to explore, really though out universe Monolith created everything makes sense.
Also there's so much humor in this game!
Really I am hooked!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you admit you were trying to be a dick. That's something this site can do with less of. Regardless, thanks for the advice. :)
Please watch the official survival guide videos. They complement the game's manual if you did not allready knew.
In these five part videos things are explained in detail

Last edited by Hielkenator,

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 33575 Apart from few minor issues ( audio, fontsize ), I must say Nintendo and Monolithsoft have outdone themselves!
So damn addictive!
Like how online play works ( it's both active and passive at the same if you wish.
Just recently I invested in weapon and armory company's and leveled up and connected my probes to better suited ones of higer level.
Some help for me anyone?
There so much backstory / Lore to explore, really though out universe Monolith created everything makes sense.
Really I am hooked!

Please watch the official survival guide videos. They complement the game's manual if you did not allready knew.
Got my first skell after chapter 5, was able to by skells for teamates after level 30.

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 33575 Apart from few minor issues ( audio, fontsize ), I must say Nintendo and Monolithsoft have outdone themselves!
So damn addictive!
Some help for me anyone?
Really I am hooked!

Buffs = Aura. You can only have one active cast at the time or they will override each other. Like offensive and defence stance don't work at the same time, so pay attention to that.

Debuffs are a joke because a lot of tyrants and bosses are immune to them. Rather focus either on topple, charm or sleep.

If you are refering to the samurai gunner class that leads into duelist, then you will want offensive stance (more damage on melee arts) and burning slash (lowers flame resistance, works well with Lin).
Combine that with Rising Blade (butter and bread early on), Magnum Edge (lowers phys res so great) and Tornado Blade (reliable AoE) which you learned already through the striker class.
Fill empty spots with fire skills like burning grenade or whater you like and you are good to go.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Drak0rex : ah, you are right, if you didn't level up mechanical, a lot of probe installation will be an issue.
I upgraded mechanical to the max (for the moment it's 4) first, and then archeological (that's the second most found type on the map) and lastly biological because I rarely find any.
I chose the order based on the frequency of the found requirement. a lot of probe needed v3 or v4, so I upgraded those first to extend the minimap and uncover the overlay as fast as possible.
Opening "treasures" were not that important to me, I can always open them later.

If you need to level up your BLADE as fast as possible, I recommend switching to prospector, that's the fastest growing class (look in the online stats).
for every new location found, you win 40!
for every picked item on the floor, you win 3 instead of 1
Pathfinder is probably a good alternative too, but I haven't tested each of them, so here what I gathered so far
that's the two division winning point for exploring the world, and exploration is what you do first at the start of the game and when going to a new region. later in the game (100h+ ?) when most region will be discovered, you can switch to interceptor to win points by killing monsters, or mediator for achieving missions.

kill monster Kill tyrans pick item open treasure new region new location install probes mission UA

Pathfinder
Interceptor 10 1
Harriers
Reclaimers
Curators
Prospector 6 10 3 10 0 40 30 20
Outfitters
Mediators

Can someone else help complete this table?
I tried to find one, but couldn't, like if nobody ever reported this values for each divisions.
There are info for the buffs, but not for each actions.

Hielkenator :
I got my skell around 50/60H, after mission 5 you have to pass the license (8 missions, one for each division).
Edit
and you can fly after chapter 9 (you need to find items on monsters ... too strong for you. go buy the required items to the blade console with tickets)

there's a video tutorial to use online?
because I never played online or used the console yet, I don't understand "what will happen".
until now I only played the passive one, didn't try world enemy missions, etc.

I just completed mission 8 (short and easy one compared to others) and 75H.
still no flying skell :P
I'm doing some "normal" missions, as they are required to advance in the story anyway and trying to level up all the second characters.

I feel like I'm almost at the end if there are only 12 chapters, it's already 3/4 of the story and almost nothing happened storywise. you spend more time exploring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo