• Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there such a check now on the 3DS now? I thought only on Switch...
Even though the 3DS is not getting nearly as much support as the 3DS, there is no evidence of such a check being implemented on the 3DS side. The 3DS banwaves still have no identifiable cause as to why users were banned but foreign headers are not one of them.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You clearly did not read SciresM's PSA that stated that there were extra preventative measures put into the Switch's online services that make this situation completely different than the 3DS. If the header and the game do not match, it sets a flag on their server indicating that you have likely hacked your console to inject a foreign header. We got away with this on the 3DS because there was no such check back then. Nintendo has finally wised up and things have changed. You cannot ignore the truth no matter how hard it is to swallow.
So what your saying is a simple "preventative measure" to stop online duping was developed and updated for the switch but not bothered updating the 3ds online! I doubt very much this is the truth, Nintendo servers will be the same for both devices.. I know people keep quoting SciresM's comments but he is not god and doesn't know every little exception that goes on with Nintendo!

Last edited by Reecey,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what your saying is a simple "preventative measure" to stop online duping was developed and updated for the switch but not bothered updating the 3ds online! I doubt very much this is the truth, Nintendo servers will be the same for both devices.. I know people keep quoting SciresM's comments but he is not god and doesn't know every little exception that goes on with Nintendo!
To be fair, the 3DS is not nearly selling as well as the Switch. If that was the case, they should implement these types of protection services for all of their other devices such as the Wii U, DS, Wii, etc. but they are not and most likely will not. The evidence is already here in great strides and looking for other causes is a strawman's game. If you choose to not accept it and ignore it, that responsibility falls on your shoulders and I hope you do not get banned for your ignorance.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, the 3DS is not nearly selling as well as the Switch. If that was the case, they should implement these types of protection services for all of their other devices such as the Wii U, DS, Wii, etc. but they are not and most likely will not. The evidence is already here in great strides and looking for other causes is a strawman's game. If you choose to not accept it and ignore it, that responsibility falls on your shoulders and I hope you do not get banned for your ignorance.
Sorry but I choose to ignore SciresM's comments, he is making a lot of assumptions and big numbers since his "CFW" building days, had its uprising before know one even knew about him, hes just using his so call sudden "fame" to make himself look like hes the holy grail of Nintendo's security which I tend not to take much notice and as far as his cfw Atmosphere goes that's taking a looong time considering the circumstances revolving round the switch homebrew side lately and tbh my opinion is Team Xecuters cfw is way ahead in terms of cfw ability and always will be, professional team, professional cfw at your finger tips!

Last edited by Reecey,

Doodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Man that's probably among the most retarded things I've read all day.
Sorry but I choose to ignore SciresM's comments, he is making a lot of assumptions and big numbers since his "CFW" building days, had its uprising before know one even knew about him, hes just using his so call sudden "fame" to make himself look like hes the holy grail of Nintendo's security which I tend not to take much notice and as far as his cfw Atmosphere goes that's taking a looong time considering the circumstances revolving round the switch homebrew side lately and tbh my opinion is Team Xecuters cfw is way ahead in terms of cfw ability and always will be, professional team, professional cfw at your finger tips!

These are probably the dumbest posts I've read in a while.

You dismiss the warnings of the guy that is literally reverse-engineering and re-implementing the switch OS, the guy that knows what is part of a games cert and what isn't, and the only argument you bring is "I don't think he knows everything". You don't have any proof or even a indication that any of what you says is true. You think nintendo uses the same method of authentication for 3ds and switch when this is easily proven to be false (and would also make absolutely no sense). You can also easily show that a games cert contains the TID of the game and that the request to authenticate with nintendos servers sends both the cert and the running game. Do you really think that nintendo isn't able to compare the two and ban you if they dont match? They werent able to do this on 3ds simply because the 3ds never sent this information in the first place and you can't easily break every cart in existence by introducing new authentication methods a few years down the line. Every other company is btw able to implement a simple check like this, ever wondered why you can't easily (in 99% of the cases) go online in pirated games on pc or other consoles? Nintendo was behind on security and now they caught up with the switch, it's not surprising.

I also don't understand why you think that Scires has gotten "sudden fame". The guy has been REing shit on 3ds and switch (especially pokemon related stuff) for quite a while. He's the guy that released b9s.

You are the kind of people that less than a week ago claimed that nintendo won't ban them for going online on pirated games, and see where that got you today. Also your comparison to SX OS shows that you have no idea what atmosphere is about.

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OP did you try that method with any other game than splatoon 2? Im thinking of buying an online game like rocket league and putting the same certs on all my dumps. Oh and btw did you avoid getting banned?

D

Deleted User

and I am beginning to doubt that I will get it in the future. People are banned for changing an avatar, using EXSHOP, or cheating in online games.
I'm harmless to Nintendo if I do not do anything suspicious.
True. What you're doing is insane but not that suspicion. Piracy is always wrong so Nintendo will find a way to ban everyone online. Let's see how long this will last. After the release of Pokemon Let's GO? Naaaaah. I'll give it another week :unsure:

Last edited by ,
Reactions: x0x0

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. What you're doing is insane but not that suspicion. Piracy is always wrong so Nintendo will find a way to ban everyone online. Let's see how long this will last. After the release of Pokemon Let's GO? Naaaaah. I'll give it another week :unsure:

There just waiting to do bans in waves it more efficient that way. There letting tx make loads in profits to then ban the most amount of users using there is in 1 sweep

D

Deleted User

There just waiting to do bans in waves it more efficient that way. There letting tx make loads in profits to then ban the most amount of users using there is in 1 sweep
You say it like you're working behind the scene with Nintendo lol. People are getting banned for layeredfs, dev menu, & Exhop. What more? The OP still isn't banned and he's just playing backups with certificates from another game ONLINE. Not gonna jinx the OP. He's just gonna wish the worst thing possible to me. It can come one day but I don't think it'll be in 1 sweep. Let Nintendo decide to pick their cards

Reactions: xxBLACKBEARDxx

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say it like you're working behind the scene with Nintendo lol. People are getting banned for layeredfs, dev menu, & Exhop. What more? The OP still isn't banned and he's just playing backups with certificates from another game ONLINE. Not gonna jinx the OP. He's just gonna wish the worst thing possible to me. It can come one day but I don't think it'll be in 1 sweep. Let Nintendo decide to pick their cards

My day job is maintaining a POS software and from a security stand point it always more effective to ban users of modified version of our software in giant waves vs just a couple at a time. We know how there doing it for months but don't ban them just add them to the list and then ban in waves for the next month and release a new update.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is could ban all the current modded console if they really wanted to simply by adding a sd card check prior to any online access and just have it look for the homebrew file. it be quick and undetectable to the unsuspecting user sense even with emunand files have to be on the sd card to run off. You would have to be in CFW to avoid being detected 100% of the time. they would simply just make games have to run on a higher OFW as they have until now

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Still no ban and yes i inject my cert to Payday 2 too.

Just to clear some doubts:

have you tried layeredFS before?

Did you try to play online with SO 1.0?

Did you use SO 1.0 at all?

Are all the games you've played online your own copy or downloads you've gotten from an online source (like BBB)?

And lastly, online and game updating are the only things you've done, right?

x0x0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just to clear some doubts:

have you tried layeredFS before?

Did you try to play online with SO 1.0?

Did you use SO 1.0 at all?

Are all the games you've played online your own copy or downloads you've gotten from an online source (like BBB)?

And lastly, online and game updating are the only things you've done, right?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Downloaded
5. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: wet summers are much better than wet winters I think. Horrible for it to be cold AND rainy for a...