ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've had a simmilar problem. Save needs to be saved on 2.0 game patch first and then edited here. If you have save from before the patch and use the editor on it and try to load it in 2.0 it will see it as corrupted.

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had a simmilar problem. Save needs to be saved on 2.0 game patch first and then edited here. If you have save from before the patch and use the editor on it and try to load it in 2.0 it will see it as corrupted.
So how did you fixed it? I believe all my saves from before were edited in some way(core crystals mostly). How am i gonna save the game on 2.0 first if i cant acess the game(im banned btw)?

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So how did you fixed it? I believe all my saves from before were edited in some way(core crystals mostly). How am i gonna save the game on 2.0 first if i cant acess the game(im banned btw)?
Hmmm I thought you have already updated the game to 2.0. If not I'm sure you can find the nsp somewhere around to install using tinfoil.

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm i believe i messed up then :(
i only have backups of other altered saves i made before(my original non moded save is from before new game plus).
Can anyone share with me a functioning save? I only ask that the save has all the random core crystal blades unlocked and is on any part of new game plus(by mor ardain would be perfect, but im not a picker). Really sorry to bother you guys

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This may be a dumb question, but how am i supposed to play the regular game(not torna DLC)?I thought this latest version of the editor fixed this, because since i updated the game to version 2.0 i cant load the save i made using the editor. I was on new game plus just heading to mor ardain(i believe so, it was a month since i last played). The save i was using got corrupted, and when i make a new one on the editor(version 1.4) it still is corrupted. Here it is in case you guys want to have a look:
I have no idea what happened to you, as your save loaded up perfectly fine on my switch (with XC2 ver 2.0.0)...

Anyways, I have loaded, re-saved, and re-dumped the file you uploaded, and attached it to this post for you.

Attachments

• bf2savefile.zip
    153.9 KB · Views: 174

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch got stolen, and I'm having to start XBC2 over. Is there any way to turn a fresh save into a NG+ save? I can use the editor to replicate my blades, money, levels, etc, but having to blast through the game again to enable NG+ just so I can play it again is daunting.

danver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch got stolen, and I'm having to start XBC2 over. Is there any way to turn a fresh save into a NG+ save? I can use the editor to replicate my blades, money, levels, etc, but having to blast through the game again to enable NG+ just so I can play it again is daunting.
wow that sucks dude it really does

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my money but when I load the save my money shows as 0. Anyone else have this issue? How much is max money we can put down?

edit: Now I tried to put 100k but when I load only 34 shows up lol

Last edited by thegameksk,

Sparkynuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my money but when I load the save y money shows as 0. Anyone else have this issue? How much is max money we can put down?
dont make the amount way to much or max or it will just reset it back to 0, put it at 999999 should be fine same as other amounts of things that you can max out, put to much and the game will force it back to 0

danver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw i was able to edit my Torna save, but when i put it back into my switch after i renamed it. The game would show up a completely black screen after loading the game any fix for this? Thanks

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont make the amount way to much or max or it will just reset it back to 0, put it at 999999 should be fine same as other amounts of things that you can max out, put to much and the game will force it back to 0

This doesnt work for me. I put that and my money shows as 34g.

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I want try this save editor I have two player ids on my switch. I saved the save file from the first id via Checkpoint, and restored it to the second id, my thinking was if I miss something up the original save from the 1st id is safe. So I have my save for my 2nd id and have transferred onto my pc. I want to take this slow I want to up my gold, and max out my core crystals. Once I have changed their values how do I modify the name so checkpoint sees it as a new save file? Or is there something else I need to do first? I think I have read all 26 pages of the helpful notes doing this right is important. Thanks!

Sparkynuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I want try this save editor I have two player ids on my switch. I saved the save file from the first id via Checkpoint, and restored it to the second id, my thinking was if I miss something up the original save from the 1st id is safe. So I have my save for my 2nd id and have transferred onto my pc. I want to take this slow I want to up my gold, and max out my core crystals. Once I have changed their values how do I modify the name so checkpoint sees it as a new save file? Or is there something else I need to do first? I think I have read all 26 pages of the helpful notes doing this right is important. Thanks!
as long as ive been using this editor i never had to change the save file name, i just transfer the save over with checkpoint and put the sd card in my pc, edit save and port it back into my switch with checkpoint again. i dont think saves are strictly only usable for one person because others can use each others savefile
I got it working. Not sure what the issue is. Is there a list of what the max number of items/etc that can be held?
i dont quite know exactly but i put 999999 (6 9's maxim) just to be safe and i dont put no more than that, it should be fine but in the game it will read as 99 as max but the number wont decrease.

Reactions: thegameksk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you don't need to modify the name just load the save in the editor from your checkpoint folder/ then edit what you want/ Click save when your finish. Go to checkpoint on the switch and highlight your save/ click restore save. Just make sure you make a backup of the original save b4 editing

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1