Hacking Xbox 360 crashes Dashboard on Latest Firmware PoC

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A crashing webpage that crashes the kernel doesn't automatically mean it's an entry point.

There need to be a lot more then just crashing in order for it to be exploitable.

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that people are trying new things with old hardware. It would be fantastic to get something like we got on PS3 for homebrew and everything without RGH.

Reactions: Deleted User

Dontwait00

Unknown
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its my turn to get things clear out. This is a webpage/kernel crash. I havent got time now to see if its a possible entry point, just because of work. Btw i will not leave this, meaby the next year, or months. Peace :P

ihatecompvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really nothing special, I found a buffer overflow in a COD game a while back which I was able to use to perform ROP with. It's basically useless without a hypervisor exploit because you can't really execute anything. Sure, you might be able to run existing game/system functions through ROP (example, I was able to cause the game to close by invoking the close title function in Xam.xex) but in terms of running homebrew, it needs a hypervisor exploit. Find one of those and you can basically own the system entirely through software as far as I'm aware.

There's a good reason no one ever modded the 360 through a softmod outside of the singular King Kong exploit. It's because it is hard and hardmods are easy enough to do for running backups or Linux or w/e. Is it possible? Absolutely, there are undoubtedly hypervisor exploits in existence, but no one cares enough to find them.

I would have made a post about this but it's pretty pointless. Outside of hacking/modding in games (because you could simply use ROP to call game functions that enable you to cheat), there is really nothing you can do with it.

Reactions: DinohScene

Dontwait00

Unknown
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im think that what you call o ROP its that ingame files you can execute like soft mod menu, but what if it will be on a webpage? Simply what im trying to do is execute on server simple files (like REMx but similar.. ).
Now im not concentred on hypervisor because from what i heard isnt inougth to just possible exploit in my little knowledge i cant. Every day im learning something for it on 360 thanks by TEIR1plus2 and google. Plus i will return on school next year for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, *kills him*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We've been over this I wear kill proof clothing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should talk about my mom it's a 100hp hit :teach:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Good morning!
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
    Veho @ Veho: The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.