X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Hyro-Sama, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth

Lik dis u if moar hyped 4 dis dan Spydermen 2. i kno i am

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    On the one hand, First Class and Wolverine were pretty fine. On the other hand, stuffing a movie full of cameos and making the DoFP storyline all about Wolverine (again...) isn't inspiring much hope.

Not to mention that Quicksilver...

3. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Fox seriously needs to either sell the rights back to Marvel or hire new directors and screenwriters. Preferably the former since Marvel has shown they know how handle their namesake properties.

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    it somehow seems like its not as interesting as it should be :/

i expect the storyline (that i dont personally know, its from the comics i gather?) to be butchered by having too little time and too many cameos (even if it was just for 10 seconds, i didnt need to have wolverine in first class) and also by making too little sense.

5. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    I'm really worried about where this movie is headed. My reaction to the first trailer was "man someone did a good job at making this film look boring, I still have hope though". But after seeing that this trailer made the film look even less interesting than the first trailer I'm worried. First Class did a good job at breathing new life into the series but this film could completely undo that.

6. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    I've been watching the X-men for years the story has changed 3,4 or more times (same character's different timelines) . If they made the movies exactly the same as the toons and comics it wouldn't be new and you would know what was going to be the outcome, how boring would that be. So clear your mind of what was and look at it anew.

7. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I'm excited for it, all the current X-men movies have impressed me quite a bit.

8. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    New trailer featuring 2 Quick 2 Silver! Holla!

inb4sheepsayDOFPPietroisbetterthantheAvengersAgeOfUltronPietro

I have to say Pietro looks a lot better in motion. It seems like the serious tone is going to come from the Future side of things and the comical, campy jokes from the past. For now, I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic. In all honestly, so long as Gavin Hood and Brett Ratner's films are removed from the X-Men timeline I'll be thoroughly pleased. If not, then I'm right back on the "Give back the damn rights already." train. Just don't fuck it up, Fox.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Eh, I'm actually perfectly fine with the X-Men staying separate from the rest of Marvel. The whole mutant persecution thing is a little silly in a world where folks like the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc. are beloved just because they mutated a little later. It'd be great to see a well-written Deadpool interact with the MCU, but he's tied up with the X-Men and Fox insists on doing nothing with him.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  10. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    All of the new Xmen have been terrible. I am not looking forward to this one either.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  11. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Bump

So I just saw it. It's actually very good. Best film in the franchise in my opinion. If FOX stays the course, I believe they could complete with Marvel with their own cinematic universe in due time. This probably goes without saying, but I confirm that Origins and The Last Stand have been removed from the continuity. So that's another big plus. Anyone with any doubts should give this movie a shot. Definitely worth a watch. Quicksilver still looks like an asshole though. The horrible Singer costuming continues.

12. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Watched it. I wasn't blown away but it was okay. If you like the series I recommend seeing it.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

13. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth

Warning: Spoilers inside!