Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
So despite the fact that I spoofed it, it is asking me to update the system everytime I try to run Super Smash Bros. Is this expected?

woeuntous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed the latest Yoshi's Woolly World update on 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1. Small update, let it sit on the 0x0000000 error for 5-10 minutes. I'd like to use the SSBU update but it is over 2GB... probably gonna wait on that one

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok. I tested splatoon and it works without update. So, I copied the UPDATE to sd root in the install folder, loaded up wupinstaller twice and now I have the 0x00000000 error. I will keep it on overnight for it to update.

Hopefully when I wake up I can play splatoon online!
Woke up, reset the console and the game hadn't updated. Now it says it has to complete update before it can launch!

Looks like this is a bug that needs to be looked into...

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guys I have a question how do I know if the firmware spoofing was successfull and not the actual system was updated? Or is that possible? Thanks.

1337tothemax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have a question how do I know if the firmware spoofing was successful and not the actual system was updated? Or is that possible? Thanks.
I believe you should still be able to see the Nintendo TVii icon fom the Wii U Menu and HOME Menu if you are spoofing from 5.4 to 5.5.1

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Guys I have a question how do I know if the firmware spoofing was successfull and not the actual system was updated? Or is that possible? Thanks.
After spoofing you simply can run an exploit on http://wj44.ml. If your settings shows 5.5.1, and the exploit runs fine, your spoof was successful.

Last edited by WiiFoundLove,

1337tothemax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know if this is common knowledge or if it will help anyone, but I was able to update my Mario Kart 8 that came pre-installed on my hard drive. The only issue is it might have deleted my save. Here's what I did:

1. Backed up mario kart and saves to USB
2. Deleted mario kart 8 (IMPORTANT: Make sure you have visited the e-shop on your Nintendo ID on your Wii U before deleting to properly link it to your account. If you want, you can visit the eshop before deleting on your ID and make sure mario kart shows up as purchased)
3. Ran wupinstaller that I hosted locally from the browser once (not twice)
4. Used NNUS that I hosted locally http://05sonicblue.com/wiiuhax
5. Downloaded Mario Kart 8 from the eshop on my wii u. When I clicked download the download manager showed two pending downloads. Mario Kart 8 and an update file for 400+ mb.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited by 1337tothemax,

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Last edited by Xalyy,

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I need to correct me, there's no TVii Icon after spoof, i don't have one (5.4.0E -> 5.5.1E).

The kernel hax may not work on first try. So shut down your wiiu, and then try it again.

I tried alot times, yesterday 5/3 times it worked now 5/0. Surely wj changed something also some pages before few people had this problem too

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know I'm not alone. I've been trying to update the Splatoon US version and so far no success. I have tried faster SD cards (Class 10), waiting longer (10 hours just this last try), and I still get the "Unnecessary Data" error after restart. However, I was successful in updating Super Mario Maker, so it still works for at least some things. So far my results have been:

Successful:
1. 5.5.1 version title spoof (installed easily)
2. Super Mario Maker (newest as of 1/13/2016 - Class 4 SD card, waited about 1.5 hours for 189MB update to install - able to go online/download courses, etc. and update shows up properly in data management).

Unsuccessful:
1. Splatoon (newest as of 1/13/2016 - Class 4/10 SD cards tried, waited 3/5/10 hours for 579MB update to install - so far "Unnecessary Data" message every time).

2 things that were different between these games before trying to update:
1. Super Mario Maker had NEVER been updated before, so there wasn't an existing update that needed to be changed/removed
2. First attempt that did anything for Splatoon, since it had been updated before, left a corrupted Splatoon update showing in data management with an "!" over it. All I could try to do was delete the update and try installing from scratch, which ever since has left the game unlaunchable (it was also unlaunchable with the corrupted "!" update) and every attempt has resulted in "Unecessary Data".

There must be something different about this update in terms of size/etc. that is making it fail since multiple people are experiencing problems with installing it. Has anyone been able to successfully install any game updates on 5.4.0 BESIDES Super Mario Maker/5.5.1 spoof? I would be curious to know if anyone else has had success and with what games/sizes of updates/how long they waited for it to install/speed of their SD card. (I'm also wary to try updating any other games as I do not want to render them unplayable like Splatoon currently is...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Be the free-est you can be. XD